Just off the Sunshine today

lvs2crooz

If you are already booked on the Sunshine you may be disappointed with my honest review of this ship and you might not want to hear what I have to say. To be honest I searched for all of the good reviews I could find before we cruised her.. If you are thinking about booking her, you might want to read what I have to say. This is my humble opinion with a sprinkle here and there with comments from my husband and unsolicited comments made by fellow passengers. I'll start with what we liked about the Sunshine. We ate in all of the specialty restaurants and the food and service was superb. Our favorite was Fahrenheit 555 (steakhouse). Carnival has the best quality beef of any cruise line we have sailed including RCCL and Celebrity. We dined there twice. I highly recommend it. The italian and Asian restaurants were wonderful! We loved Guys Burgers and fries, the pizza was among the top I have ever had and the Deli was great. The Havana bar had a nice selection of Cuban food and the flan desert was delish. The food in the main dining room was very good the nights we ate there. The sea day brunch was also very good. On other mornings we went to the Havana Bar and they have an omelet station that also does cooked to order eggs. There is a girl who my husband said made the best omelettes and my eggs over were perfectly done each time. She was amazing when she flipped the eggs over. Tossed them in the air and not once did they land on the floor. If I had tried that well..... We ordered room service lunch once and had the shrimp salad sandwich. It was so tasty as was the chocolate cake AND chocolate chip cookies. Some have asked about the lobster in the dining room. They were small so I would definately order more than one, they were perfectly done, very tender. Now on to the Cheers program. It was well worth it at $37.50. We ended up ahead of the game with that one. We had 5 to 6 drinks a day or more. We got great service and we tipped extra at times. Well a lot of times. I gave $1 per drink extra often because the servers work so hard and have a great attitude. We really liked the Alchemy bar and Lucia was our favorite. I highly recommend going there at least once. The live band near that bar was fabulous! The crowd went crazy for them when we were there. We saw the comedian one night and he (can't remember his name, he had gray hair and appeared on late night tv shows) was low key, but hysterical! The shows in the liquid lounge were very good, our favorite being, Epic Rock. On to the Serenity. The area was very nice with a small cool off pool with a soothing waterfall. You can sit in the area above the main pool where all the action was (Rolling Stones concert on the big screen was fantastic)! If you want a quieter place, which we did at times,you can find that also. Lastly, debarkation was easy as pie and very well organized. We were in group 2, with no snags or hold ups. We were on our way to the airport with Carnival transportation via a bus. If you book this, remember to print out proof of purchase. I went to Guest Services two days before the end of the cruise inquiring about what we needed and was told just tell them your name, it will be on their list. Well, they needed proof of purchase, which luckily we had when we printed our documents pre-cruise. That's all for tonight as I am exhausted from our long day of travel, all the way back to Los Angeles. I will continue tomorrow....

If you are already booked on the Sunshine you may be disappointed with my honest review of this ship and you might not want to hear what I have to say. To be honest I searched for all of the good reviews I could find before we cruised her.. If you are thinking about booking her, you might want to read what I have to say. This is my humble opinion with a sprinkle here and there with comments from my husband and unsolicited comments made by fellow passengers. I'll start with what we liked about the Sunshine. We ate in all of the specialty restaurants and the food and service was superb. Our favorite was Fahrenheit 555 (steakhouse). Carnival has the best quality beef of any cruise line we have sailed including RCCL and Celebrity. We dined there twice. I highly recommend it. The italian and Asian restaurants were wonderful! We loved Guys Burgers and fries, the pizza was among the top I have ever had and the Deli was great. The Havana bar had a nice selection of Cuban food and the flan desert was delish. The food in the main dining room was very good the nights we ate there. The sea day brunch was also very good. On other mornings we went to the Havana Bar and they have an omelet station that also does cooked to order eggs. There is a girl who my husband said made the best omelettes and my eggs over were perfectly done each time. She was amazing when she flipped the eggs over. Tossed them in the air and not once did they land on the floor. If I had tried that well..... We ordered room service lunch once and had the shrimp salad sandwich. It was so tasty as was the chocolate cake AND chocolate chip cookies. Some have asked about the lobster in the dining room. They were small so I would definately order more than one, they were perfectly done, very tender. Now on to the Cheers program. It was well worth it at $37.50. We ended up ahead of the game with that one. We had 5 to 6 drinks a day or more. We got great service and we tipped extra at times. Well a lot of times. I gave $1 per drink extra often because the servers work so hard and have a great attitude. We really liked the Alchemy bar and Lucia was our favorite. I highly recommend going there at least once. The live band near that bar was fabulous! The crowd went crazy for them when we were there. We saw the comedian one night and he (can't remember his name, he had gray hair and appeared on late night tv shows) was low key, but hysterical! The shows in the liquid lounge were very good, our favorite being, Epic Rock. On to the Serenity. The area was very nice with a small cool off pool with a soothing waterfall. You can sit in the area above the main pool where all the action was (Rolling Stones concert on the big screen was fantastic)! If you want a quieter place, which we did at times,you can find that also. Lastly, debarkation was easy as pie and very well organized. We were in group 2, with no snags or hold ups. We were on our way to the airport with Carnival transportation via a bus. If you book this, remember to print out proof of purchase. I went to Guest Services two days before the end of the cruise inquiring about what we needed and was told just tell them your name, it will be on their list. Well, they needed proof of purchase, which luckily we had when we printed our documents pre-cruise. That's all for tonight as I am exhausted from our long day of travel, all the way back to Los Angeles. I will continue tomorrow....

Nice start, although your heading gave me some trepidation. It would be much easier to read if you made paragraphs instead of of big blobs of words. Looking forward to the rest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the feedback. After a long day of travel I wanted to post a few thoughts while they still fresh in my mind. I did the best I could that late at night. Putting my thoughts into proper paragraph form wasn't happening. I was just too tired. Lol. I'll try to do a better job on the second part. There will be some negative, but not enough that it ruined our trip. More to come later.

I have the fun times for our 8 day Southern itinerary that I will be scanning. If anyone wants them I'd be happy to email them to you.

Was this the one to Aruba, Curacao and Grand Turk? If so, I'd love to have them emailed!! 10/4 is our sail date! thumpton@cableone.net Thanks!

Edited by nmyorkiemom