Queen victoria - aukland new zealand

BlueJay06

Will be on Cunard Q.V. cruise March 2015. Looks like it docks at Jellicoe Wharf in Aukland which seems to be a consideration distance from the main wharfs. Wondering whether there are shuttles provided to transport passengers nearer to Princes or Queens Wharfs.

Looking at the Ports of Auckland website, it looks like Queen Victoria will be docking at Queens wharf.

http://www.poal.co.nz/cruise_ships/cruise.asp

And Jellicoe wharf is an easy 10 mins walk past bars and restaurants to get to the main street (Queens Street) and Queens wharf etc. I've done it with small kids countless times. It's pleasant walk.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the ship excursions on Q.V. Los Angeles to Sydney and return for 2015. There does not appear to be too much appealing for the South Pacific Islands (Apia, Samoa; Suva, Fiji; Port Vila, Vanuatu; Rarotonga, Cook Islands and Papeete, Tahiti). Is anyone aware of independent tour operators' websites at these locations or whether there are tour operators at the cruise terminal dock like at other locations.

Looking at the ship excursions on Q.V. Los Angeles to Sydney and return for 2015. There does not appear to be too much appealing for the South Pacific Islands (Apia, Samoa; Suva, Fiji; Port Vila, Vanuatu; Rarotonga, Cook Islands and Papeete, Tahiti). Is anyone aware of independent tour operators' websites at these locations or whether there are tour operators at the cruise terminal dock like at other locations.

Suva you may want to book an individual tour but best way of doing all the other ports is hire a taxi for the day

They can take you everywhere worthwhile quite cheaply and they do know what us good to see

Actual tour operators there are not worth it unless you want to go diving or sailing and snorkelling

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the QV this year with stops in many of these South Pacific stops and there were tours available on shore. I booked several and had a great time on all. The stops were all great and would do it again.

Don

I forgot to mention that the QV docked right in town and was easy to get around he city. There were several tour operators within a block of the dock if you want to book something on your own.

You will have a great time on the QV.

Don