My Family Time Dining on RCCL

beckyjohns

My Family Dining takes place in the Early seating .....that's when they come to pick up the kids. If you do MTD or late seating, you'll miss the pick up. So, choose early (main) seating now, if you wish to take advantage of the "family" dining.

A few years back on RC we had My Time Dining and was still able to use the pickup by the kids club in the dining room on the nights we wanted. We just informed the kids club the night before and made sure to go to dinner at the same time as the Early seating. Also on our ship the My Time Dining was on the second level, so we had to walk our son down one floor to front entrance of the dining room to pick-up point.

The main difference with the Family Dining is that the staff hustles out your kids food faster than the rest of the family. So your kids get to eat all of their courses in under an hour. The rest of the family is at "normal" dining speed, so desert is served after the kids have left. On those nights we had arranged for kids club staff to pickup our son we just informed our waiters and they hustled his food. On other nights our entire family took our time and had the entire meal together.

Edited by 14ersco

Maybe just not getting it? So, do you have to have My Family Time or just early seating for your kids to be picked up or can you just take your kids when they're done and drop them off? Oh, I got it. If we have early we can tell our waiters to bring out the kids food faster and then get them to the kids club?

Early dining is usually the most popular, and can be filled quickly. I haven't sailed royal, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the previous posters are recommending that you request early dining when you book or ASAP. If early dining is fully booked, you should follow 14eresco's instructions so you can still have the kids club staff pick your kids up from the fixed seating dining room. If you don't want to eat at the early dining time, then you can just drop your child off at the kids club whenever they are open. It sounds like a great option and I hope to be able to try rccl with my son at some point.