Overcharged - warning to all

Just received our credit card statement today and found that we have been charged 3 times over for our bill on Island Escape. Contacted Thomson service who say they are aware of the problem everyone on our cruise were overcharged (29th july) and are going to refund us next week, NOT GOOD ENOUGH Thomsons if you were aware of the problem you could have let us know as we have been back 2 weeks. So a warning to all check your banks etc when you get home.

Thomsons are well out of order for not flagging this up the minute they realised there was an issue.

Presumably anybody who settled by debit card would have had the grossly overcharged amount taken from their funds immediately - which may have put their account balance into the red with all the problems that can cause.

If it happened to me I would be complaining to ABTA etc. and the banking ombudsman.

Thomsons are quick to take our money.

I read somewhere that some cruise lines freeze your card for a period of time after your cruise and that you can't use it. Also Kruzseeka was telling us about the prepaid cards and how people have had money ring-fenced so that they couldn't use their cards. Is this something similar or just a genuine mistake?

Whatever, it certainly pays to check your bank accounts and cc bills :eek:

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

• 2 weeks later...
checked another forum and this is not the first time it has happened this year, makes you wonder how much interest they collect on this scam.

I'm the last to stick up for Thomson, but probably absolutely minimal interest, and if there is any, it would be far eclipsed by the processing fees that banks charge them for processing and refunding debit/credit card payments!

Edited by BaggersCruising