Sojourn Food & Wine Cruise

We are somewhat interested in the eleven day Food & Wine cruise scheduled for the Sojourn from Monte Carlo to Rome departing October 30th. It's a bit of a commute from Maui to Monaco though, and we feel that while it may be calmer there after the summer crowds are gone, the weather may be be cold and wet - and the seas choppy. Any opinions on that and whether the Food & Wine concept is special enough to be worth the flights there and back would be much appreciated.

Seabourn only renamed/marketed that cruise a few weeks ago.

It's an educated guess that it was not selling well (perhaps for the end of season reasons you mention) and they needed to do something to entice bookings.

It certainly looks as if there *could* be some culinary treats out of the norm, but I had a hard time discerning exactly what they were other than more Shopping with the Chef opportunities. I'm also wondering exactly how that is going to work - he can't take 400 people shopping!

My hope is that we get a few folks who've sailed Seabourn before to write a comparison afterwards so we can all find out what the special differences are!

We traveled at that time two years ago. The seas were not a problem. The weather was generally pretty good but one or two blustery days. One problem however, is that some hotels and restaurants in some of the ports are seasonal and are closed from November to April. We wanted to eat at Chateau Eze and it was closed.

I'm confident Seabourn has planned special events for this Food/Winecruise ~would love to be aboard. Winnie and I both have enjoyed Seabourn's Christmas/New Years sailings and these also have been "special events" sailings.

Happy, safe cruisin'

MB

As this is, I believe, Seabourn's first cruise focusing on food and wine, I am sure there will be many special treats.

Martha is right (of course) about the Christmas sailings. Seabourn goes all out to make the holidays special with wonderful decorations including a big gingerbread house in the reception area--gumdrops replaced daily! Do sail a Seabourn Christmas/New Year's cruise at least once.

Winnie