menus in Anytime Dining room different?

Rikka

My husband and I are booked on the Golden Princess for a cruise to Hawaii in December. We are assigned to the Anytime Dining option. My sister tells me that traditional dining room and the anytime dining room have very different menus. Does anyone know if that is true? I have a hard time believing that.

No, the menus and the service and the decor (bar a few different paintings!) are exactly the same in Traditional and Anytime. The only difference is that on the last night, the waiters parade around with the Baked Alaska dessert in the Traditional Dining Room but not in the Anytime Dining Room (although Baked Alaska is available to order). Maybe your sister was mistaking them for the specialty (extra-charge) restaurants, which are very different.

Thank you so much for your answers to my question. You have really set my mind at rest about this. My sister came for dinner last night and she swore up and down that she had checked the menus outside the main dining rooms "every night" and that they were always different. Worse yet - the menus in the Anytime Dining rooms were really inadequate! We are leaving on the Golden in December and we were really taken aback by the conversation.

Thanks again everyone. I always get accurate and timely information off these boards. I had questions about the port in Los Angeles ( San Pedro) and a very kind lady from the LA area answered them - and gave us very helpful information. I really appreciate the help.

ps - now I think I will go and brain my sister.

Archived