Elegance Catamaran Cruise

JAGR

Hello: I was curious if anyone had gone on this cruise. We are in Barbados for one day in March and it seems to be fairly well thought of. The lunch cruises is about 5 - 6 hours and is $100 US per person with drinks included. DW and I liked the fact that it was limited to 14 people in order to provide excellent service, per their web site. Thanks

• 3 months later...
Hello: I was curious if anyone had gone on this cruise. We are in Barbados for one day in March and it seems to be fairly well thought of. The lunch cruises is about 5 - 6 hours and is $100 US per person with drinks included. DW and I liked the fact that it was limited to 14 people in order to provide excellent service, per their web site. Thanks

The best!

No putting up with 30+ other pushy shovey people.

Gentle people, gentle conversation, great refreshments, great service, no noise.;)

Class:)

Edited by PORT ROYAL

The best!

No putting up with 30+ other pushy shovey people.

Gentle people, gentle conversation, great refreshments, great service, no noise.;)

Class:)

Thanks for the quick response. It doesn't get mentioned a lot so I was hesitating to book with them even though they are so highly rated on Trip Advisor. I do believe that is who we will go with. Thanks again.

Thanks for the quick response. It doesn't get mentioned a lot so I was hesitating to book with them even though they are so highly rated on Trip Advisor. I do believe that is who we will go with. Thanks again.

A little word. Book early to save disappointment, as it is desirable for those in the know.;)

We did the Elegance catamaran last Feb. It was the best excursion of our cruise. We were pampered by their attentive crew. The food was delicious and non stop as well as beverages. We were sorry to leave as each crew member shared their lives and made us feel so welcome to share their beautiful island. They do fill up very quickly so you want to confirm as soon as you decide.

We did the Elegance catamaran last Feb. It was the best excursion of our cruise. We were pampered by their attentive crew. The food was delicious and non stop as well as beverages. We were sorry to leave as each crew member shared their lives and made us feel so welcome to share their beautiful island. They do fill up very quickly so you want to confirm as soon as you decide.

My bf just booked this tour for our port day on 12/16. We thought it looked wonderful. Just curious if you noticed anyone having motion sickness as I'm somewhat sensitive and typically don't have problems on cats depending on the bay and weather of course. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A RC member booked this on our last time on the Breakaway, and they had a great time. We want to book it for our upcoming cruise in January 2015. Does anyone know if they are located close to the ship? We took an excursion not with NCL in St. Lucia and we were the last passengers to board the ship. I don't want to run into that situation again.

A RC member booked this on our last time on the Breakaway, and they had a great time. We want to book it for our upcoming cruise in January 2015. Does anyone know if they are located close to the ship? We took an excursion not with NCL in St. Lucia and we were the last passengers to board the ship. I don't want to run into that situation again.

It is five minutes from the port by taxi (which is included in the rate). You will see signs when you get of the ship.

• 4 months later...

We took this catamaran cruise last month. It was great. We were picked up outside the port building (past the pushy taxi drivers) and returned with plenty of time to do some shopping before boarding the ship. The crew members on board were fantastic. They made sure we were comfortable the entire trip. Two of the crew were in the water with us to make sure we were saw everything there was to see under the water. They took special care to help one person that wanted to snorkel but was scared. The patience and help that was given was exceptional. We have only the highest regard for this outfit - we were impressed. Lunch on board was also very good and you could have as much as you wanted. If you want a great crew, small group tour - this is it. Very relaxing tour. A great way to unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean.

• 4 weeks later...

We were on this catamaran April 30/15. Maximum number of guests 14, our day there were 12 people. We were taken first to swim with the turtles and had over half and hour in the water. Each of us got to feed and touch the 5 turtles that were present. Next stop was over a shipwreck teaming with beautiful fish. We were served fresh banana bread and later on in the day fresh carrot cake. We sailed up the west coast heading north and anchored near a beautiful beach. On board we had a delicious lunch with time to enjoy the turquoise water and beach. We were catered to the entire time and our glasses were never empty. Great crew. Great experience, great memories.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely fantastic. If you are looking for a high-energy party boat this is not it, but if you are looking for a great experience with a touch of, well, elegance, you'll love it.

Full open bar after snorkeling (the crew seemed disappointed I didn't drink more), nice freshly cooked lunch - semi-buffet with red and white wine, etc.

There is a limit of 14 people, I think there were 10 on my trip. Really, it felt much more like being on a rich friend's yacht than on a cruise ship excursion.

• 1 month later...
We were on this catamaran April 30/15. Maximum number of guests 14, our day there were 12 people. We were taken first to swim with the turtles and had over half and hour in the water. Each of us got to feed and touch the 5 turtles that were present. Next stop was over a shipwreck teaming with beautiful fish. We were served fresh banana bread and later on in the day fresh carrot cake. We sailed up the west coast heading north and anchored near a beautiful beach. On board we had a delicious lunch with time to enjoy the turquoise water and beach. We were catered to the entire time and our glasses were never empty. Great crew. Great experience, great memories.

Absolutely fantastic. If you are looking for a high-energy party boat this is not it, but if you are looking for a great experience with a touch of, well, elegance, you'll love it.

Full open bar after snorkeling (the crew seemed disappointed I didn't drink

more), nice freshly cooked lunch - semi-buffet with red and white wine, etc.

There is a limit of 14 people, I think there were 10 on my trip. Really, it felt much more like being on a rich friend's yacht than on a cruise ship excursion.

Great to here that you all had a wonderful experience with Elegance Catamaran, I have booked with them for our day in Barbados next March and its reassuring to read such positive experiences. Thanks :)

• 1 month later...

I cannot add much more to this review as we were there July 16. The cakes were both good and lunch included chicken in a bbq-type sauce, beef stew over rice and fried flying fish. There is hot sauce and the "captain's special sauce" if you really want heat!

I will add that we had three kids (ages 12,9 and 5) and an older adult skittish swimmer and the crew was great with all. One mate stayed with the kids and the other mate stayed with the adult. Safety was a big priority and the crew was 100 percent professional.

Drinks included rum punch, rum and mixers, a 12-year old rum for sipping and Banks Beer. You are correct in that the drinks were never empty.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can anyone here post a comparison or preference between the Elegance and Silver moon catamaran trips?

Thank you.

I would be interested in any comments between the 2. We were on Silver Moon a few years ago and it was one of the best excursions we ever took (it sounds very similar to Elegance). Going back to Barbados and looking to book again.

• 3 weeks later...

This lunch cruise sounds very similar to Calabaza which we were on last November. It was the best excursion of our 2 week cruise. We just booked with Silver Moon since Calabaza was already full when we return to Barbados next April! Hopefully, Silver Moon will be as good as Calabaza!