Cambria, Rodeway, Sleeep Inn or Quality Inn?

I will be arriving at 8pm on Christmas night and the prices of most of the hotels recommended here are between $225-$325. I really just need a place to sleep for 1 night. All I would like is it to be clean and safe. Would any of these hotels work? If so which would be the best for the price.

Cambria Airport/Cruiseport $139 (includes trans from airport)

Rodeway Inn $129 (includes b/fast, airport trans-and courtesy trans-not sure what that means)

Sleep Inn and Suites FLL Airport $ 112- (includes trans from airport and breakfast)

Quality Inn Airport/Cruiseport South $103 (includes transportation from airport and to the cruise port and breakfast)

I have spent a lot of time researching this with no luck. I need to decide soon so I can spend my time researching my cruise!! Thanks!

What city?

We stayed at Cambria Suites in Dania

it was nice it has a small restaurant if you need to get something to eat when you arrive

Breakfast has a fee but a small buffet ..not much close by

it was quiet clean & comfortable

We have stayed at the Cambria in Dania also.

Service was very good, hotel is fairly new, nice area.

Within walking distance to a few restaurants like Las Vegas,

( a Cuban restaurant), Taco Bell, Burger King etc. and a strip mall

for last minute shopping.

The only thing I would have liked was a free breakfast like

other hotels in the area offer.

There is a Best Western Hotel next door, looks pretty big.

Edited by Angelsea57

Don't even think about the Rodeway, the other three are in much better areas.

That's a crazy low price for the Quality Inn which is just across from the Cambria on the other side of I-95 where there are more restaurants and shops--all of which may be closed Christmas night. The bigger question might be what you are going to do for dinner that night (other than airplane or airport food).

Edited by fishywood

Sorry, I am talking about Fort Lauderdale. In regards to Cambria, any idea how much a taxi to the port would cost?

We took their shuttle for $8pp but would think a taxi would be about the same

I've stayed at all of these in Fort Lauderdale. I would place them in this order (best to worst) Cambria, Sleep Inn, Quality Inn, Rodeway. Cambria just opened in 2010 so its not that old. Beautiful suite-style rooms with separate living area and nice heated pool. It sits back off the main road so its a bit of a walk to get to restaurants and/or store. Sleep Inn is our favorite although the rooms are not as nice as Cambria. We like it for the convenience of location. There is a publix down the road and a Walgreens just a few steps away. Nice pool and decent free breakfast. Quality and Rodeway are motel type rooms (outdoor corridors) and not very nice IMO.

I originally booked the Quality Inn through stay123.com. Then I found out we had to load up the car and move to the Rodeway Inn to get the shuttle in the morning. Same shuttle serves both properties. If I had to move I might as well just stay there so we changed to the Rodeway. Finally decided just to go to the Hilton Garden Inn so we'll see how we did.

I would pick the Quality Inn & Suites in this situation. Used to be known as the Comfort Inn on Stirling Rd if you want to search for past info. We stayed there in 1999, so can't say anything about it now, other than your rooms are entered to from outside, rather than inside corridor. Not normally my ideal situation, but I think for that late of an arrival on Christmas and the convenience of what's around it, and for the price, I would stay there again. I believe it's had a renovation of some sort in the not to distant past as well. If their port shuttle is any kind of hassle, just call a cab and go, can't be much more than 20 bucks to get there. My only concern, and the hotel isn't going to matter, is grabbing a bite to eat that late. There are a ton of fast food and sit down restaurants in and around the adjacent Oakwood plaza, but what their hours will be on Christmas is anyone's guess.