What is the best Cruise for a person in a Wheel Chair

skoolmom

I'd like to take my mom on a cruise. She has limited mobility so we would need to use a wheel chair most of the time. She can walk short distances with a walker. She is diagnosed with terminal cancer so I would like to find something we could go on within the next 3 months. Don't need to take shore trips. Would like to stay on the east coast and use a port in the Philie, Baltimore, New York area as my mom hates to fly. Anything come to mind?

Any ideas appreciated!

If you can go this month and do not mind cool weather, how about a New England fall foilage cruise? Otherwise your choices from the Northeast in the next few months are pretty much restricted to the NY-Florida/Bahamas cruises.

Regardless of where you go, a newer ship is usually more accessible and better equipped than an older one. Also, try to get a handicap cabin as it will make things easier for you both.

Not sure about how mobile these ships are but here are some available sailings from the Northeast in the next couple of months.

NCL's Dawn is doing a 10-night Eastern Caribbean on Nov. 10th and Dec. 1st and an 11-night Western Caribbean on Oct. 30, Nov. 20, Dec. 11, and 22nd both out of New York.

NCL's Spirit is doing an 11-night Southern Caribbean on Nov. 27th and Dec. 18th out of New York, and a 10-night Southern Caribbean on Dec. 8th and 29th. It is also doing am 8-night Bermuda and Eastern Caribbean cruise out of New York on Nov. 19th.

Celebrity's Constellation is doing a 12-night Eastern Caribbean on Oct. 17th out of Bayonne, NJ.

RCI's Voyager of the Seas is doing 5-night Bermuda cruises out of Bayonne on Oct. 16, 30, and Nov. 30th. Voyager is also doing 9-night Western Caribbean cruises on Oct. 21st and Nov. 4.

RCI's Granduer of the Seas is doing 9-night western caribbean cruises out of Baltimore on Oct. 14, 28th, and Nov. 11th. Granduer is also doing 5-night Bermuda cruises out of Baltimore on Oct. 23 and Nov. 6th.

RCI's Jewel of the Seas is doing a 10-night Eastern Caribbean cruise out of Boston on Oct. 12th and 22nd.

Golden Princess is doing a 7-night Canada/New England cruise from New York on Oct. 15th.

Carnival Legend is doing a 2-night cruise to nowhere out of New York on OCt 20th.

Archived