Can kids wear shorts to dinner?

eyeluv2cruz

Hi

I'm sailing on the DCL on 10/31. I have 2 boys ages 8 and 7. Can they wear shorts to dinner? I have pants for the formal night but didn't want to have to worry about buying pants for every night of the cruise. If shorts are not acceptable, can the children wear jeans?

Thanks for your help!

I have heard from friends it is not enforced, but most people do follow the dining rules and it is nice to have them dressed nicely because everyone else will be. I am taking my first Disney Cruise March 6 and also have an 8 year old boy. I also did not want to spend a lot of money on pants he will not wear at home, so I found a pair of khaki pants and a pair of navy chinos on eBay. They are brand new with tags, and I got both for around $8! It is worth checking out. Now I'm in search of new bathing suits! He'll wear them both at least twice, 3 times if necessary, with different shirts. What I think is silly is that he often looks nicer in his khaki shorts with a golf shirt, than my daughter does in a sundress!

Thanks for your reply. I bought both my boys kakhi shorts then read the dress code rule. My one son is chunky and it's not easy but buy clothes off the rack. I guess i'm off to the children's place to get me some pants. Your're right, they can wear them a couple times, i guess. We'll have to put n apkins on their laps :-) enjoy your cruise.

L

They really dont enforce some of the dress rules but most do follow them. However if the jeans are nice looking i see no problem with kids wearing them. I see kids all the time in jeans at dinner.

A few young ones, 4 and younger in cute short outfits although they really dont want shorts so i do not recommend wearing them to dinner.

Our grandksons wore khakis and new dressy looking jeans which were ok for school after the cruise. You will see all manor of dress on board at dinner.

I was just about to post a very similar question when I saw this thread. For Tritan's, would a pair of nice slacks, a white shirt, tie and a vest work for a 7 year old? It's a 4 piece dressy set, but doesn't have a jacket. I honestly can't remember what young boys wear on this night.

I was just about to post a very similar question when I saw this thread. For Tritan's, would a pair of nice slacks, a white shirt, tie and a vest work for a 7 year old? It's a 4 piece dressy set, but doesn't have a jacket. I honestly can't remember what young boys wear on this night.

That would be more than all right. He will be one of the best dressed for his age. I have seen families where young kids are dressed as you describe at dinner. Most want to do the family photos before dinner. Your all set.

But even in Tritons I see kids in khakis and dressy jeans all the time. They prefer they have a collared shirt which really means NO tank tops. But i have seen many tank tops in there too.

Kathy

Archived