Jewel runaway bay vs Rose Hill --

ljzelenz

Hello,

We will be traveling on the Oasis in November! Thoughts on Jewel runaway bay vs Rose Hill through Resort 4 a day? How far is each of these resorts from Falmouth? Also, any reason as to why Jewel is about $ 30 a person less expensive!

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've stayed at both of these resorts....for a week each. Hilton has a really cool lazy river and some slides, jewel does not (they are building a water park but on Jamaica time won't be done before the end of the year). Hilton has a tiny swim up bar in the waterpark area, jewel has a nice infinity pool with swimup bar overlooking the ocean. Drinks are better at Hilton, jewel has a bar right on the beach which Hilton does not. Beach is WAAAAYYY better at jewel. Hilton beach is dismal. Food is about the same at each with the edge maybe going to jewel as their pizza place has great woodfire pizza and the grill has great jerk nachos (not on the menu hut ask for them). Hilton is slightly closer to Falmouth but only by about ten minutes.

If I had one day and had to choose I would pick jewel. Hilton felt a little too much like a Hilton that could be anywhere. Jewel had a little bit more Jamaican charm and friendlier service.

Hope that helps!

I have only been to the Hilton Rose Hall and not the Jewel, so can only give you my insight on it. I did a complete review with TONS of pictures of the place and you can click on it in my signature line. It has enough pictures in the review to give you a good idea of at least what that place looks like and has to offer. :)

Mitsugirlu, love your reviews. Been lurking on them. Hilton is beautiful, the landscaping is amazing and my son and I spent hours and hours on the lazy river. It's a tough choice. Can't go wrong with either. Price difference for a family would definitely be a tipping point.

• 2 weeks later...

Even Scott the GM of the resort doesn't know with any amount of certainty...things run on island time. It gets done when it gets done mon. :p

Projections are not before the first of the year. Even without the water park I would encourage you to book this resort if you are looking for a beach/pool day with good food and drinks included. Its a nice resort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...