Nicest Beach in Barbados and nearby Boatyard

SomewhereBeyondTheSea

I'm thinking about spending some time at the Boat Yard for some fun in the sun, but I want to know if there are any other recomendations for maybe a nicer beach where we can start out our day. From what I can see, the beaches in Barbados are amazing and I wouldn't want to miss out just for a little more entertainment. We love calm seas, white sand, the option to have a few cocktails on the beach and maybe stand up paddleboard surfing but not neccasary since I see that Boat Yard has some water toys. All feedback is greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Once you see Carlisle Bay (where the Boatyard is) I doubt you'll want to see anything else... :) Do a Google image search and you'll see...

If you want to try something else, check out Rockley/Accra or Dover to the south or Paynes or Mullins to the north.

Cheers, P:)

• 2 weeks later...

Having been to Barbados only twice i remember that there is a taxi stand outside of the pier area through the mall of stores where a taxi attendant stood and directed the passengers to cabs for whatever destination you are looking to go to.The cabs were lined up and waitng.We took a tour on that day but many people were going to the Boat yard.The fees were govnt,regulated and there was a price chart available to view.We are going to barbados again in November but we haven't made any plans as of yet.We may go to the Boat yard this time or take a catamaran.

Yes you can go to the Boatyard and sit among two hundred lounge chairs or go next door to Lobster Alive, a beachfront restaurant/bar and sit among a couple dozen lounge chairs. For twelve dollars you get two lounge chairs, a huge umbrella and three drink coupons for which you receive three very potent rum punches. I've been to both venues and I prefer Lobster Alive. Have fun in Barbados.

• 1 month later...

Boatyard and Lobster Alive are next to each other on Carlisle Bay.

People seem to think they can swim with the turtles directly from the beach at Boatyard which is not true. It's necessary to walk farther down Carlisle Bay and snorkel our from there or go on a snorkel tour by boat from Boatyard.

LuLu