Do Not Use Jamaciawatersports.com

jandjfun

To anyone reading this thread thinking this could be a good excursion for you, or your group. It is not!!

These people lied to us, didn't hold up their end of the contract, they only let us snorkel for about 20 minutes then dumped us at Margaritaville for almost 4 hours, one of our group was struck in the head with the boom, they practically called her a liar, and couldn't care less.

1/2 of this group took taxis back to the ship rather than be left at the bar with the over priced food and drink.

Basically we paid 35 dollars each for a water Taxi to a bar.

Also one of our group was almost robbed of his camera from a store employee next to the bar, and when he grabbed his camera back and left the store, the employees followed him to the street and tried to fight him. So no, it is not even a safe area to be dropped off at in the first place.

Make sure you know the company I am talking about http://www.jamaicawatersports.com/index.html

They are liars, cheats, unsafe, and definately uncaring.

I agree 100%. I was on this tour also and we were given nothing we were promised! We told that we would be snorkeling at 3 spots and on hour or so at Margaritaville. What we got was 20 minutes in the water and dumped at the bar for almost 4 hours! During that 4 hours the boat came within 5 feet of the dock at the bar and I had asked for my belonging (I left them on board since I thought we booked the boat for the day). One of the crew asked "what does it look like" I told him that it was snorkeling gear and a red bag. As they started pulling back away from the dock I asked about my stuff and he laughed and said "swim or it" Once they finally picked us up he was asked about it and denied it, but yet one of the crew told me that he was only kidding. Which is it?

As posted by Janet we paid for a water taxi to the bar and 20 minutes in the water. This is not what the group was told and Janet has all the emails to back it up.

Do Not Use This Tour Company.

What you got, a short snorekling stop and then 3 hours at either Doctor's Cave Beach or Margharittaville, meets exactly the description of the excursion on their website (http://www.jamaicawatersports.com/cruise.htm the bottom excursion). I wonder it you didn't read another excursion and confuse the two. The 3 snorkel stop excursions are signficantly more money. As far as the area not being safe- it's on the Hip Strip in Jamaica, not in Disneyland. Did you not do your homework?

Can't coment on the interaction with the boatsman- that doesn't sound professional at all.

This company has gotten many many excellant reviews here and on other websites. A large group of us will make our own decisions about it in a few short weeks. So far all our interactions with them have been helpful and extremely pleasant.

The tour description is exactly what you get,the catamaran was overcrowded and they always rush you through the snorkeling portion of the tour.Remember that at Dr. Caves Beach they charge you $6 for admission,$5 for a rickety beach chair,$5 for umbrella,and $6 for a floating mat.Food and drink prices are reasonable.Gorgeous Beach.

What you got, a short snorekling stop and then 3 hours at either Doctor's Cave Beach or Margharittaville, meets exactly the description of the excursion on their website (http://www.jamaicawatersports.com/cruise.htm the bottom excursion). I wonder it you didn't read another excursion and confuse the two. The 3 snorkel stop excursions are signficantly more money. As far as the area not being safe- it's on the Hip Strip in Jamaica, not in Disneyland. Did you not do your homework?

Can't coment on the interaction with the boatsman- that doesn't sound professional at all.

This company has gotten many many excellant reviews here and on other websites. A large group of us will make our own decisions about it in a few short weeks. So far all our interactions with them have been helpful and extremely pleasant.

And all of our interactions with this tour were pleasant and NO we did not get anything confused. We have all the emails that described each and everything they promised us yet we only got the water taxi and a very short swim.

Just remember, you have been forewarned!

And all of our interactions with this tour were pleasant and NO we did not get anything confused. We have all the emails that described each and everything they promised us yet we only got the water taxi and a very short swim.

Just remember, you have been forewarned!

Then you must not have booked what was described on the website. I would be really surprised to find a 3 stop snorkeling excursion for $35. Most are significantly more money. As in twice that at least. I would get back to the company and complain- and see what you can do. If what you paid for is not what you got you certainly should do that. We are not expecting what you were and thus will not be disappointed.

This is my experience with this company. When I went to trip advisor to leave my review, I saw we aren't the only ones that think this company is a rip off.

We booked this tour well over a year ago. The website has changed since we booked the tour.

Here is a part of an email I just got from Denise, the tour operator person responsible for booking the tour.

"No wonder so many countries 'hate' Americans! You are all out of order and need to stay home with your miserable selves!

Very Sincerely!"

This was in response to my email to her listing all of our complaints and concerns.

Here is the list I emailed her.

Denise

1. There was never an offer of the beach or Margaritaville.

2. Margaritaville was supposed to be an hour or so. We arrived there approx. 12:25 and were told to be back by 4 - 4:15. That IS 3 hours and 50 minutes.

3. You NEVER told me the tour would be different from the 9 am tour. You just said the departure time would be 11 am instead of 9 am. And I spoke to some of the group that departed at 9 am, they only snorkeled at one spot as well. So the departure time didn't have anything to do with the tour contents. However the 3rd group your company took out did at least 2 snorkle stops because we were watching them.

4. I spent the first 1/2 hour looking for Sandra. I couldn't find her in Margaritaville anywhere. I understand she spent the day down on the dock. I never saw her in the bar until much later, and thats when I tried to talk to her about our issues. YES, by that time 1/2 the group had taken taxi's back to the ship, and the ones remaining were very angry about the situation. I spoke calmly and softly to Sandra realizing that this issue wan't anymore her fault than it was mine. She was on the same level as me, just differnt sides of the fence. I even apoligised to her when I left the dock telling her that I realize this is not her fault and that some of my group were out of hand, and she didn't deserve to be yelled at. People's tempers were very hot because thats what happens when a person feels they have been taken advantage of. YES they and I believed that the boat was ours for the time we chartered it for. 11-4. Thats the tone of all our emails, I have never booked a tour and had the tour company just dump us off somewhere and come back for us later.

5. I did decline the offer of an additional snorkel stop after being picked up from the bar. For a three reasons. First 1/2 the group has already gone back to the ship, Secondly, there wasn't enough time at that point to snorkel and get back to the ship on time, and the most important one is that some of our group had been drinking at the bar. You said it yourself, we couldn't drink until after we snorkeled. You didn't want anyone to "expire".

6. I would love to hear the recording you have. But I agree, there was a lot of complaining that day. Not one person on that tour was happy. We had to stand in the hot sun for 20 minutes longer than we should have, we got to snorkel for 20 minutes instead of the 2 hours were should have snorkeled, we got dumped off at the bar which was over crowded, dirty, smelly, over priced, and in a dangerous location, and we were told that we would be there for 3 hours and 50 minutes instead of the "hour or so" we asked for. So there really wasn't much to be happy about and a lot to be complaining about. Americans do not react well to being cheated and lied to. As far as the urine smell, it doesn't really matter who did the peeing, I would think it would be cleaned once in a while though.

7. You offered us a private departure? why were ther passengers on the boat both directions that were not part of our group, and as far as I know, didn't pay to be there! So even that part of the contract wasn't honored by the company.

8. As far as the injured person in our group, she didn't know what it thing was called that hit her, that was what your crew member called it. I was there when he said it to her. I was also there when the crew raised the sail and just about knocked one of our group off the "seat" he was sitting on when they raised the sail. I guess he was in the crews way. A excuse me would have worked to get him to move though.

9. As far as the crew being treated rudely on the way back, I was sitting near Wes (the guy that didn't swim) he was very mad, he was telling the girl about what happened, she was asking him questions, and he was answering her in an angry voice. I however never heard him threaten anyone. I would not have put up with that and would have stopped him. Perhaps I missed it, I don't know but I am glad that she was a supervisor. I don't think it really matters though. She spent some time defending the crew member that told one of our group to "swim for it" when he wanted to get his stuff off the boat when they were backing away from the dock after having picked up the basket shoes were in. She said he was "kidding", and yet when I got on the boat he denined even saying it. Which is it? It just added more fuel to the fire.

10. In our country you tip someone when they have gone above and beyond what their job is. Not because we have too. We offered up the extra $70.00 to the crew as a tip because we expected what we have received in the past from other tour operators, and what was contracted for through your company. So there should be no tip.

Here is an email that we had back and forth between me and the company well over a year ago.

My questions are:

1. how many people can you take on the catamaran? 55

2. If we fill the boat with only our group members, and we do the party boat tour, would you be willing to extend the tour by an hour or so? We would like to stay at Margaritaville an hour or so instead of 20 minutes. And that would give a few extra minutes for folks to "shop". So the tour would end at about 3pm instead of 2 pm. Absolutely. We will make it a private tour for you, so you can control the time anyway you would like.

3. How do we pay for the tour? We use PayPal for all our online bookings. I will send you the Form. You can use cash or charge card.

4. If we pay in advance, and the ship can not dock there for any reason, what is your refund policy? If your ship is diverted we will send a Full Refund via PayPal, it is a click of the button when you use PayPal, very convenient.

We do still send the tour in light rain, because you can still snorkel and go to Margueritaville. It would only be a rough sea cancelation or a ship diverting.

Again I just got 2 more emails from Denise. Here they are.

I have answered your dispute with paypal. You can have a look. I will change my offer as soon as I get on the computer.

You obviously don't have much to do.

I was a probation officer and referee for the Court for 15 years and never met people there with as 'dark' of hearts as some of your group, especially the big guy with the beard, he is a s--- disturber!

Good Luck.....I'm sure you will smile and shake hands with all your church friends on Sunday.......you should be careful how awful you treat people, God knows what is really in your heart so there is no pretending then!

One Love

Denise

Sandra told me you spoke very softly and she understood that you were being pressured by your group. But......your group is not near you now and you have filed a dispute and before it was resolved you started your smear online......so have fun, as I said before......God knows what is in your Heart.

One Love

Denise

Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel

-----Original Message-----

Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 20:06:36

To: <dptgonefishing@hotmail.com>

Subject: Re: private charter Mar 1 2012 Montego Bay Jamaica

Why not ask Sandra how I treated her? I was not rude at all. But you are being very rude. You should know that I am also posting your emails with my reviews.

Janet

If you are expecting what they gave us, you won't be disappointed. But since we contracted for something completely different, we were lied to, and we are P O'd about it. The company is being completely unreasonable. We did not ask for a total refund. We asked for 1/2 refund since they did taxi us to the bar. They refused. I feel you should know what you are getting into if you decide to use this company.

I didn't misread anything. I am very cafeful, especially when I am booking for a group. I have about 20 emails to prove exactly what we were told. The website has changed in the last year+.

I hope your experience is better than ours.

I didn't misread anything. I am very cafeful, especially when I am booking for a group. I have about 20 emails to prove exactly what we were told. The website has changed in the last year+.

I hope your experience is better than ours.

I also find it interesting that you called that area the exact same words as the tour operator. "hip strip"

Then you must not have booked what was described on the website. I would be really surprised to find a 3 stop snorkeling excursion for $35. Most are significantly more money. As in twice that at least. I would get back to the company and complain- and see what you can do. If what you paid for is not what you got you certainly should do that. We are not expecting what you were and thus will not be disappointed.

You are right. We did not book what was on the website since we chartered the boat for the day for our group. As you can see with Janet's post, they promised us a "private tour" for the day. There was 43 of us on the boat and we have tired to talk with the company, however, the owners are only getting the crews side of what happened and are refusing any refund.

Here is just part of the reply we received from the owner of this company:

No wonder so many countries 'hate' Americans! You are all out of order and need to stay home with your miserable selves!

Very Sincerely!

Denise Taylor

This is the same tour operator that want our American dollars!

Y'all have been forewarned!

Thanks for the heads up. Another reason not to visit Jamaica. Many people on these boards take negative reviews as a personal attack. I think people who have the tour booked and want to believe it is not true. I have had similar experiences on these boards. All you can do is tell them your experience and let them make a decision. Thanks again!

based on the email threads, I would plan something else...

All I can say is WOW. I find all of this hard to believe. My group has been to Jamaica 12 times over the last 10 years with the 13th booked for Aug 26th, and all 12 times we have taken this tour and never had a problem. All the guys have been nothing but nice and courteous to us and gone out of their way to make sure we have a good time. I have recommended this tour to many of my friends and they have all had good experiences with them and have taken their tour several times as well. When we go we always bring big groups with us and I have never heard a bad word from anyone about these guys. They had nothing but praise for them. As far as only snorkeling for 20 minutes that is about the normal time they snorkel and I have never known them to snorkel at 3 locations for the last 10 years we have gone to the same spot every time. I myself do not snorkel but there have been times that people that were in our group wanted to snorkel longer and all they did was tell them they wanted to stay longer and we did. So if your group wanted to snorkel longer all you had to have done was to just ask for more time. You had the boat chartered so you make the calls that’s what we do when we are there. We tell them what we want to do and they do what they can to provide us with what we want. As far as feeling safe these guys always make sure we feel safe. We wanted to go shopping so the Captain sent some of his crew members with us shopping to show us where the best shops were. I think that is above and beyond what was expected of him. This is a great group of people and I can’t imagine them being rude to anyone its their job to make sure we tourist have a good time so we will come back. Also they have always took us to Margarettaville and dropped us off and come back and got us. Never once have they not returned for us. They can’t stay tied up to the dock because other catamarans are dropping off and picking up people so they have to keep the dock clear.

As for Denise she has always been kind and helpful and is always willing to do whatever it takes to make sure we have things the way we want them. She is one of the nicest people I have met. She has never been out of the way with me or deceived me in any way. I would highly recommend this tour and I will continue to recommend it in the future. Not sure what happened with your group but one bad experience shouldn’t ruin it for everyone else. You are entitled to your opinion but this tour gets 2 thumbs up from me and my groups. Like I said before this is a good group of people and I am not going to let one person’s bad experience change my mind about them. Also I don’t know what you are talking about that their website changed. It looks the same to me as it has for the past 5 years. And it is pretty self explanatory as to what you are getting when you book.

All I can say is WOW. I find all of this hard to believe. My group has been to Jamaica 12 times over the last 10 years with the 13th booked for Aug 26th, and all 12 times we have taken this tour and never had a problem. All the guys have been nothing but nice and courteous to us and gone out of their way to make sure we have a good time. I have recommended this tour to many of my friends and they have all had good experiences with them and have taken their tour several times as well. When we go we always bring big groups with us and I have never heard a bad word from anyone about these guys. They had nothing but praise for them. As far as only snorkeling for 20 minutes that is about the normal time they snorkel and I have never known them to snorkel at 3 locations for the last 10 years we have gone to the same spot every time. I myself do not snorkel but there have been times that people that were in our group wanted to snorkel longer and all they did was tell them they wanted to stay longer and we did. So if your group wanted to snorkel longer all you had to have done was to just ask for more time. You had the boat chartered so you make the calls that’s what we do when we are there. We tell them what we want to do and they do what they can to provide us with what we want. As far as feeling safe these guys always make sure we feel safe. We wanted to go shopping so the Captain sent some of his crew members with us shopping to show us where the best shops were. I think that is above and beyond what was expected of him. This is a great group of people and I can’t imagine them being rude to anyone its their job to make sure we tourist have a good time so we will come back. Also they have always took us to Margarettaville and dropped us off and come back and got us. Never once have they not returned for us. They can’t stay tied up to the dock because other catamarans are dropping off and picking up people so they have to keep the dock clear.

As for Denise she has always been kind and helpful and is always willing to do whatever it takes to make sure we have things the way we want them. She is one of the nicest people I have met. She has never been out of the way with me or deceived me in any way. I would highly recommend this tour and I will continue to recommend it in the future. Not sure what happened with your group but one bad experience shouldn’t ruin it for everyone else. You are entitled to your opinion but this tour gets 2 thumbs up from me and my groups. Like I said before this is a good group of people and I am not going to let one person’s bad experience change my mind about them. Also I don’t know what you are talking about that their website changed. It looks the same to me as it has for the past 5 years. And it is pretty self explanatory as to what you are getting when you book.

This is what this courteous crew did for me. We were left at Margaritaville and once the boat returned after 2 hours, they came within a few feet of the dock. I had left my belonging on the catamaran and told the crew that I just wanted to get my belonging. One of the crew asked me what it was that I left on board. I told him that I left my snorkel equipment and a red bag. At that time they started pulling away from the dock (they never did get right up to the dock) and I asked again, "what about my belongings?" The same crew member started laughing and starting waving and said "swim for it". I contacted the manager of Margartiaville and he somehow got the cell number for the captain of the catamaran (Glen) and called him. He told him that I needed to talk to him and handed me the phone. I said "I'm the one that was on the dock" at which point he hung up on me. The manager again tried calling him 5 times before he answered the phone again. Once he got him back on the phone, he handed it to me and I said "Hello, I'm" at which point he hung up again. Since my stuff was still on the catamaran, I had no choice but to wait another 1 1/2 hours for them to return. Once they did return the crew member that make the comments denied every making and such remarks, yet 2 female crew members told me that he was only kidding.

I don't have enough thumbs to put this group down with. I only know that I will never recommend this tour to anybody. Denise was not there to know first hand what transpired and is only being told by the crew as to what happened. They all lied about what happened on board. I know what did happen as I was there and everything in this post is the truth so help me GOD!

So, you go ahead and tour with this company, but remember once they become crude and down right rude to you and your group, you were informed!

Here is just part of the reply we received from the owner of this company:

No wonder so many countries 'hate' Americans! You are all out of order and need to stay home with your miserable selves!

Very Sincerely!

Denise Taylor

This is the same tour operator that want our American dollars!

Y'all have been forewarned!

How do they not realize that without "Americans" they probably would not be in business?

I was part of that group and as was stated before, You Have Been Warned! Number one, there was no one there to go to the shops to make us feel safe. Number two, we did not make the calls on the "water taxi". Number three, we were not given a choice to snorkel longer, they just said get back on boat now! Number four, 4 hours at a place that is overpriced or leaving the safe area is not a pretty option. Number five, I witnessed one of our group get hit in the head when they were hoisting the sail, no apology, no nothing! I am a very fun, outgoing person who likes to have fun. I made the best of this experience because I was with a group of wonderful new friends. I will however, never recommend that anyone deals with this tour operator. Thanks you for listening to my first hand account.

Sounds like she is fantastic... Until you ask the wrong question... Then is sounds like she isn't so nice. Did you ready the emails? I don't care what a customer puts in a message, that type of response is simply unprofessional... In any country... And especially in a country that depends.. I mean DEPENDS on our American dollars. Like I said earlier, based on the emails I see, I would go to a competitor. Who knows what really happened on the trip... Whatever... But to see such a response is disheartening and it makes it really easy to believe the rest of the OPs story.

I didn't see much to try in Falmouth...but I did see this $35 excursion and some of us were thinking about it...glad we didn't try it

Falmouth is a joke IMHO>>> you are stuck in the middle of no where and have to pay more to do anything

This seemed like a reasonable affordable day out but I believe you guys.

Falmouth is Jamaican for "stay on the ship" as far as I am concerned

what a joke

Yes, Carnival has some "Carnival" owned ports like Grand Turk, Costa Maya etc..but they put in a pool, Margaritaville, free loungers, etc

Falmouth is a shell of flea market stores and ship owned Jewelry stores, not even a sit down bar ...what a joke

Thanks for the heads up. Another reason not to visit Jamaica. Many people on these boards take negative reviews as a personal attack. I think people who have the tour booked and want to believe it is not true. I have had similar experiences on these boards. All you can do is tell them your experience and let them make a decision. Thanks again!

Yes....it is pretty sad to see...people will say "any positive reviews?"

or "I am looking for some good reports'>>

when often the fact is that there aren't many good reports....<sigh>

That nasty letter from Denise should be sent to the Tourism Board of Jamaica LOL

Been to Jamica twice HATED IT. We now book so we don't go there. The people are rude and blame everone else for their miserable life. You are right, if it was't for the Americans they would be worst off then they are now. Everytime I set down someone would ask me if " I wanted to buy something from the farmer"

This is what this courteous crew did for me. We were left at Margaritaville and once the boat returned after 2 hours, they came within a few feet of the dock. I had left my belonging on the catamaran and told the crew that I just wanted to get my belonging. One of the crew asked me what it was that I left on board. I told him that I left my snorkel equipment and a red bag. At that time they started pulling away from the dock (they never did get right up to the dock) and I asked again, "what about my belongings?" The same crew member started laughing and starting waving and said "swim for it". I contacted the manager of Margartiaville and he somehow got the cell number for the captain of the catamaran (Glen) and called him. He told him that I needed to talk to him and handed me the phone. I said "I'm the one that was on the dock" at which point he hung up on me. The manager again tried calling him 5 times before he answered the phone again. Once he got him back on the phone, he handed it to me and I said "Hello, I'm" at which point he hung up again. Since my stuff was still on the catamaran, I had no choice but to wait another 1 1/2 hours for them to return. Once they did return the crew member that make the comments denied every making and such remarks, yet 2 female crew members told me that he was only kidding.

I don't have enough thumbs to put this group down with. I only know that I will never recommend this tour to anybody. Denise was not there to know first hand what transpired and is only being told by the crew as to what happened. They all lied about what happened on board. I know what did happen as I was there and everything in this post is the truth so help me GOD!

So, you go ahead and tour with this company, but remember once they become crude and down right rude to you and your group, you were informed!

You said all of that before in your other post. All I can say is I am sorry this happened to you but I have never had an experience even remotely like this with this group. All I have is good experiences so I don’t share your view of this tour. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is that I feel this is a good tour to take and well worth the $35 they charge. I was not there to see what happened so I really can’t say one way or another, other than I don’t share your opinion on this tour. The Captain (Glen) is a good person and has never been anything but kind to us over the last 10 years that we have been using this group, as well as the rest of the group. He is usually the one that I deal with to book the tour. I book through him personally. It’s a reunion every time we return to Jamaica. They are waiting for us on the pier when the ship pulls in and we stay with them until last call to return to the ship to deport.

I was part of that group and as was stated before, You Have Been Warned! Number one, there was no one there to go to the shops to make us feel safe. Number two, we did not make the calls on the "water taxi". Number three, we were not given a choice to snorkel longer, they just said get back on boat now! Number four, 4 hours at a place that is overpriced or leaving the safe area is not a pretty option. Number five, I witnessed one of our group get hit in the head when they were hoisting the sail, no apology, no nothing! I am a very fun, outgoing person who likes to have fun. I made the best of this experience because I was with a group of wonderful new friends. I will however, never recommend that anyone deals with this tour operator. Thanks you for listening to my first hand account.

Number 1 You were dropped off at Margarettaville right??? There are shops right there in the area that are safe, Did you ask for a escort to the shops? Number 2 as far as making the calls on the “water taxi” you just have to speak up and tell them what you want to do that’s what my groups do. number 3 if you would have told the crew you wanted to snorkel longer they would have stayed there longer. When they said “get back in the boat now” you should have just said we are not finished. Number 4 I have never heard of them leaving someone at Margarettaville for 4 hours when we are there they never leave us there long enough we always beg for more time. Number 5 Accidents do happen but yes a apology should have been given. We are fun people too and we always make the best of any situation. I’m sorry you had a bad experience but I hope the rest of your vacation was a pleasant one.

Sounds like she is fantastic... Until you ask the wrong question... Then is sounds like she isn't so nice. Did you ready the emails? I don't care what a customer puts in a message, that type of response is simply unprofessional... In any country... And especially in a country that depends.. I mean DEPENDS on our American dollars. Like I said earlier, based on the emails I see, I would go to a competitor. Who knows what really happened on the trip... Whatever... But to see such a response is disheartening and it makes it really easy to believe the rest of the OPs story.

I am not sure what happened either I was not there I am just saying I myself have never had anything like this happen to me in the 10 years I have been using this company. I find it sad that just because one group had a bad experience the company should be bashed like this. Someone was having a bad day whether is be the crew or the guest. I just know that from knowing this group I find it hard to believe this happened.

I can understand having a bad day, but when they respond to a complaint with anti-American rhetoric they will not be getting my lousy American dollars. Maybe Denise was also having a bad day when she responded the way she did. They seem to have too many bad days to convince me I will have a good day.

I am not sure what happened either I was not there I am just saying I myself have never had anything like this happen to me in the 10 years I have been using this company. I find it sad that just because one group had a bad experience the company should be bashed like this. Someone was having a bad day whether is be the crew or the guest. I just know that from knowing this group I find it hard to believe this happened.

Archived