Quantum of the Seas Dynamic Dining Disaster

RCCL has totally blown up any semblance of good customer service with the manner they have rolled out Dynamic Dining. I went on the web-site at 12:01 AM .it was not available. I went onto the website at 5 and at 730 AM and it was a disaster. I was not able to confirm reservations with the couple we were travelling with. I called the Central Customer Service # at 8AM After 2.5 hours there were not able to book my reservations and call me back. I called the Dynamic Dining Desk at 11:30 and finally got some service Several things you need to know. The free and specialty dining rooms have only offered a small amount of tables on-line in advance between 7PM and 8:30PM. In other words RCCL wants to keep these table for bookings on the SHIP No where do they tell this to you Also if you are on the website the Customer Service Rep cannot assist you. They are locked out. Also if you do not exit the website properly and just close it down when exiting the Customer Service Rep is blocked from seeing your reservation . No where on the website do they tell you how to exit the site properly. RCCL has totally poorly designed and rolled out this service. I suggest anyone trying Dynamic Dining call 877-812-3612 rather than deal with this system.

This is a nightmare and RCCL should be very ashamed of this embaressment:mad:

Water World was a disaster. Dynamic dining hasn't even served it's first meal...I think it's a little early to paint it a disaster. Do they have some bugs to work out. Sure, but, they have some time, and hopefully they will do so.

Water World was a disaster. Dynamic dining hasn't even served it's first meal...I think it's a little early to paint it a disaster. Do they have some bugs to work out. Sure, but, they have some time, and hopefully they will do so.

Stop being rational. It's not allowed.;)

Calling is a good way to go.

You are correct. You cannot be in your reservation while they are working on it also. This has ALWAYS been the case. If you exit the site it tends to release in about 5 minutes or less. Not too bad.

The free and specialty dining rooms have only offered a small amount of tables on-line in advance between 7PM and 8:30PM. In other words RCCL wants to keep these table for bookings on the SHIP No where do they tell this to you

Is this for real? I would like to hear this from another Quantum cruiser who can re-enforce this through another rep they have called.

Seriously, can you just imagine the rush to the dining venues, and the time it will take per cruiser, and thus the line-ups to book dining for the week upon embarkation?? :confused::(

Now THAT would be a disaster imo

fyi, I've just booked dining 8 of my 11 nights (Dec 1 sailing and all free dining so far). I did not get every perfect time that I personally like, but close enough to work around the shows that I also booked. I hope I don't end up missing other events, games, trivia etc. But who knows, everyone else is in this same boat. There's going to be a bazillion people making changes pre-cruise and once on the ship also I figure with time slots opening up all the time

This is a multi-billion dollar company. the software needs to be user friendly. The staff needs to be trained. The fact that RCCL has blocked tables between 7:00PM-830 PM for the Ship just will cause all sorts of problems. Extremely disappointed with the way they have handled this. Had they created a grid showing availability of all restaurants at a specific time instead of having to go in separately to each is Common Sense. The lack of disclosure as to the number of seats per venue, what is being held for the Ship etc would have been great. My concern is that there will be very little availability on-board for changes. Again their Chief Information Officer who designed this system needs to be hung from the Yard Arm. My guess activities and show availability will also be handled in a stupid manner. How can you plan dinner when you don't know what show times are etc. Again just plain dumb. If there were an alternative or if Celebrity sailed out of NY I would be done. Pure -madness

:mad:After nearly a total of 5 hours:eek: on the phone we have nearly but not quite got all of or dynamic dining disaster booked for our 11 night cruise 3 couples linked how ever most of the times we wanted we couldn't get and were still working on 2 nights so all in all RCI have reached expectations they really haven't a clue what's going on but they assure us we will all be sat at the same table lol. All I can say is we will be sat at the same table but it might be in the windjammer:D

at least when it goes to its new home in Asia booking a possible 14 Chinese restaurants shouldn't be a problem lol

Edited by niko40

What you call this may be semantics, but this process is not good. Spending anything close to an hour booking anything, is work, not fun. I just booked my 12/12/14 entertainment and even though it's zero dollars you need to put your credit card number in to complete your cart! That took three tries over three days to complete.

I was offered Momma Mia, Sonic Odyssey, and 2 Guest Entertainers for an 8 night cruise. What am I missing here? I've seen other posts that list a comedy club.

I'm waiting until after our upcoming Alaska cruise to book 8 nights of dinner. I can tell you, reading these nightmares I am very close to canceling. If by the first week of June all of the decent on-line slots are filled for a cruise 6 months out, canceling will be very easy.

It could be a triple DDD. Dynamic Dining Disaster! :eek:

What you call this may be semantics, but this process is not good. Spending anything close to an hour booking anything, is work, not fun. I just booked my 12/12/14 entertainment and even though it's zero dollars you need to put your credit card number in to complete your cart! That took three tries over three days to complete.

I was offered Momma Mia, Sonic Odyssey, and 2 Guest Entertainers for an 8 night cruise. What am I missing here? I've seen other posts that list a comedy club.

I'm waiting until after our upcoming Alaska cruise to book 8 nights of dinner. I can tell you, reading these nightmares I am very close to canceling. If by the first week of June all of the decent on-line slots are filled for a cruise 6 months out, canceling will be very easy.

I did not have to enter credit card details for the free restaurants on my 11/2 or 11/23 ressies, where it said zero payment ..I just hit submit and that was it done...and all my ressies for shows and dinner are showing up.

Starwater (Two70), Comedy Show & Variety Show are only currently being offered on the 11/2 Maiden Transatlantic (Sonic Odyssey is not offered for 11/2) & we have 3 guest performers offered..but we don't have any port days so that might make a difference :confused:

I did not have to enter credit card details for the free restaurants on my 11/2 or 11/23 ressies, where it said zero payment ..I just hit submit and that was it done...and all my ressies for shows and dinner are showing up.

Starwater (Two70), Comedy Show & Variety Show are only currently being offered on the 11/2 Maiden Transatlantic (Sonic Odyssey is not offered for 11/2) & we have 3 guest performers offered..but we don't have any port days so that might make a difference :confused:

Liz, thanks for the information on the shows.

Submit button Eh? Did not see it, doesn't mean it wasn't on my screen, but I didn't see it when I pulled up my cart for the third try.

Submit button Eh? Did not see it, doesn't mean it wasn't on my screen, but I didn't see it when I pulled up my cart for the third try.

Hi Steve, it may not be a submit button as such...sorry cant remember exactly what is said...is it make payment or something like that...whatever is says ...if it has zero payment then just hit the button :D

Guest maddycat

I went online at about 9:00 this morning and was able to book 8 nights of dining for our 12 night, April 12, 2015 Southern Caribbean cruise. I booked only free dining options. I'm planning to book any up charge dining once onboard so that I can use my OBC. One reservation was for 7:15, all of the others were for 6:45. I'm very pleased with the times.

It took me about 45 minutes. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

It could have been more user friendly. You shouldn't have to complete each reservation separately. There should be a list of all the restaurants. You check off the restaurants you want, then check off the date and time.

It also would have been nice to print a confirmation on one page instead of 8 separate pages.........one for each reservation.

Actually, half the time I got a "submit" and all went well, said thank you you are confirmed. Then I looked at my calendar and reservation was not really there. The other half, it said enter a credit card. No consistency. Don't even try to modify or cancel a reservation, this really doesn't work. I called a rep who indicated that IT would need to look at my issues as some days are double booked (ie: it shows my DH name 3 times, but never mine) or it has 2 reservations at different times (BTW - one for 5:45pm) that it will not cancel. Said they would need to work on issues and get back to me in a couple of weeks. Hum. Well atleast she was very friendly when saying basically "I can't help you as the system is broke". I can't spend any more effort on this craziness. It will be what it will be....windjammer here I come, mission accomplished RCCL.

It also would have been nice to print a confirmation on one page instead of 8 separate pages.........one for each reservation.

If you go to your 'full calendar' (not sure what it's called) you can print all your reservations and it should take 2 pages or less.

Actually, half the time I got a "submit" and all went well, said thank you you are confirmed. Then I looked at my calendar and reservation was not really there. The other half, it said enter a credit card. No consistency. Don't even try to modify or cancel a reservation, this really doesn't work. I called a rep who indicated that IT would need to look at my issues as some days are double booked (ie: it shows my DH name 3 times, but never mine) or it has 2 reservations at different times (BTW - one for 5:45pm) that it will not cancel. Said they would need to work on issues and get back to me in a couple of weeks. Hum. Well atleast she was very friendly when saying basically "I can't help you as the system is broke". I can't spend any more effort on this craziness. It will be what it will be....windjammer here I come, mission accomplished RCCL.

I have been unable to 'modify' any reservations. You must first cancel, and then book a new reservation. That has worked for me.

My biggest problem is that my bookings are divided into two reservation numbers, so I have to 'add additional guests'. This has been extremely frustrating as it works 1 time out of 10 before I can get those additional guests added. Keeps telling me that I need a valid name/reservation #. Actually says, You must enter a valid reservation number and a valid last name. Well I am doing that, YOU IDIOTS!

I have to cancel and exit, and then start over, and sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Edited by marci22

I'm sorry but this DD booking is an freakin joke! They say that all the main restaurants are blacked out for my March cruise right now and they can't give me ANY times but they tried to offer me specialty restaurants :rolleyes:

I can't book online either as it keeps giving me an error! I am beyond you know what :mad: they keep telling me to call back later maybe in a few days.....REALY??

Edited by fish6

I'm sorry but this DD booking is an freakin joke! They say that all the main restaurants are blacked out for my March cruise right now and they can't give me ANY times but they tried to offer me specialty restaurants :rolleyes:

I can't book online either as it keeps giving me an error! I am beyond you know what :mad: they keep telling me to call back later maybe in a few days.....REALY??

I just got told that the rep was locked out of my reservation and I would have to call back in 30 minutes. :rolleyes:

Suggest you go to RCCL main site Go to contact us. Send e-mail. The topic is existing reservation" Address your e-mail to Richard Fain CEO and Alan Goldberg President. They will never read your post However, the senior Customer Service people will and eventually RCCL will address this matter. Despite people's be patient, Dynamic Dining is a disaster that needs to be addressed now not in the future. The concept may make sense as two seatings was getting stale, however, the execution/roll-out has been a miserable failure for the clients of RCCL.

The more people take pro-active action the quicker RCCL will act. Hopefully, posts/threads similar to this will start the ball rolling

I would be more than happy to eat in the Windjammer if they add tablecloths and wait service. Somehow I am booked for Sonic Odyssey via the representative. Most of the shows I booked are for 7:00, but then the dinners are at 9:00.

I started to try to redo them, didn't see 8:00 or 8:30 at all, and surrendered. Life is too short to waste time on this. Just to drive to the port? Jewel is sounding better all the time - at least you start out warm. There's also a very nice Equinox sailing around the same time as mine.

Hate to say it, but maybe Breakaway and Gem should get a second look. The price is certainly righter and we can spend the difference in the upcharge venues.

At a minimum you were able to reserve some entertainment, I can't get to first base as it tells me "Sorry we can't reserve right now, Please try again on board ship." An Op on another thread wrote that she had no problems when she booked at 2am a couple of days ago. I tried at 1am, 5am, & 7am. Ludicrous. My cruise is in Feb., 15 and if they need lead time between booking an cruise date--say so, instead of wasting my time on their web site and getting "Agita." The RCL agent that is setting up my dining times apologized as it is taking so long due to system problems. Got another e-mail a couple of hours ago advising me that she was able to set us up for 9 out of the 11 nites. I feel for them as they probably are getting the brunt of outrages.

I have been unable to 'modify' any reservations. You must first cancel, and then book a new reservation. That has worked for me.

My biggest problem is that my bookings are divided into two reservation numbers, so I have to 'add additional guests'. This has been extremely frustrating as it works 1 time out of 10 before I can get those additional guests added. Keeps telling me that I need a valid name/reservation #. Actually says, You must enter a valid reservation number and a valid last name. Well I am doing that, YOU IDIOTS!

I have to cancel and exit, and then start over, and sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I did try this....but everytime I try to cancel first, it times out and says "sorry our system took a vacation". We too tried to do the additional guest and got the same message about 1/2 the time. Once we got them all to "go through" they only showed up on 1 set of reservation on the originator's calendar. I called the rep and they were unable to add the other 2 since "times were not available". Thanks for the heads up that it can work though.

Edited by VaTech8912

Am I the only one who thinks they should have unveiled something this significant and had it ready to go prior to this ship opening for reservations? :confused:

Not only that, but they're going to need to add more FAQs to the list they released!! And more detail to the answers!

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Quantum/14037847_QN_Class_Culinary_FAQs.pdf

You might want to have the other guests check online using their own reservation number. I did the same as you and the second reservation never showed up.