Do windows open in the ocean view rooms?

bubba7up

This is only my 2nd cruise and I was wondering if the windows opened up to enjoy the fresh air in the ocean view rooms.. Last time we had a balcony and it was awesome but figured we would try something different since it is so much cheaper.. thanks

This is only my 2nd cruise and I was wondering if the windows opened up to enjoy the fresh air in the ocean view rooms.. Last time we had a balcony and it was awesome but figured we would try something different since it is so much cheaper.. thanks

Sorry they do not open

the reason they are cheaper are that they are closer to the water line - hence why they do not open.

Depending on your ship, a cat. 4K has french doors that open. They are considered an inside so they are usually pretty well priced.

The cruise lines with ships with French balconies list them as outside, with French doors that open, but not a balcony you can step out onto. I'm curious how a cabin with a door that opens to the outside would be considered an interior category. I can't find a 4K on any of the current Carnival ships, which one are you talking about?

The cruise lines with ships with French balconies list them as outside, with French doors that open, but not a balcony you can step out onto. I'm curious how a cabin with a door that opens to the outside would be considered an interior category. I can't find a 4K on any of the current Carnival ships, which one are you talking about?

Any Spirit class on the main deck. They are behind the lifeboats.

Just think if they did ...

1. Window left open, storm at sea - pax comes back to WET bed. Blames CCL (or RCCL or NCL - you get the pic) - demands refund and free stuff -goes to media and pitches a fit.

2. Baby drops a big diaper bomb. Everyone wants to puke - instead throws diaper out the open window. Thousands of fish found floating on top of the water in the wake of the Carnival Dream

3. Frail old woman trips trying to close her window and falls out ... forced to climb aboard a self-made raft of beer bottles, old diapers, and dead fish while she waits for rescue.

Sorry - couldn't help myself.

Just think if they did ...

1. Window left open, storm at sea - pax comes back to WET bed. Blames CCL (or RCCL or NCL - you get the pic) - demands refund and free stuff -goes to media and pitches a fit.

2. Baby drops a big diaper bomb. Everyone wants to puke - instead throws diaper out the open window. Thousands of fish found floating on top of the water in the wake of the Carnival Dream

3. Frail old woman trips trying to close her window and falls out ... forced to climb aboard a self-made raft of beer bottles, old diapers, and dead fish while she waits for rescue.

Sorry - couldn't help myself.

LMAO that made me laugh first thing in the morning....thx

Our third cruise was on Costa's Daphne. It was a small ship (very very small by today's standards) -- it carried just 400 passengers. Our cabin was on the 1st deck and our friends referred to it as the washing machine cabin. As the ship would move through the water the ship would roll. When it rolled to our side the window would fill about half way with water, swishing around as it filled, when it rolled the other it would empty. The noise was very soothing, unless your were afraid of sinking ;)

It looked like a front load washer -- very cool :)

Our third cruise was on Costa's Daphne. It was a small ship (very very small by today's standards) -- it carried just 400 passengers. Our cabin was on the 1st deck and our friends referred to it as the washing machine cabin. As the ship would move through the water the ship would roll. When it rolled to our side the window would fill about half way with water, swishing around as it filled, when it rolled the other it would empty. The noise was very soothing, unless your were afraid of sinking ;)

:eek:YIKES, not sure if I would like the washing maching ride!

I think I would be sick! What an adventure!:)

One of the other features of the washing machine room was the perception of speed. We were so close to the waterline that the sea moved very fast past the window.

We had a lovely elderly English couple at our table - We they came to visit, she exclaimed "My you're moving much faster down here!" :)

That is just WAY TOO COOL!!!

I would love it!:)

One of the other features of the washing machine room was the perception of speed. We were so close to the waterline that the sea moved very fast past the window.

We had a lovely elderly English couple at our table - We they came to visit, she exclaimed "My you're moving much faster down here!" :)

OMG! that was funny.

None of the passenger cabin windows open anywhere. Now you know why balconies are more expensive.:p

I couldn't cruise without one, for sure.....

Archived