Boarding Time?

ohiovacationer

Around 11 - 11:30, assuming the ship arrived in the port on time, and didn't need extensive cleaning. You must be on board at least 90 minutes before the ship is to set sail. (Some cruise lines ask that you be there 2 hours early.)

I'd get there around 11:30. Your cabin probably won't be ready until 1pm or later so plan on taking your carry-on bags with you for a while. Normally people go to lunch buffet immediately. Some might go first to a specialty restaurant to make reservations for later in the cruise. Some first go to the spa to make beauty shop appointments (often for one or more of the formal nights). If boarding after 1pm, you might see if you cabin is ready so you can drop off our carry-on bags.

Remember than sailing times are similar to airplane departure times. You can't show up at the airline gate 5 minutes before departure time and expect to be allowed on the plane. Same with ships. I think USA requires you to be checked in 90 minutes before sailing time. And you usually have to back on the ship 30 minutes before sailing time at ports-of-call.

I usually get there about 11 or so because I like to walk around the camera and take pictures and learn my way around the ship before it gets to crowded. I also like to go and eat at the Buffet because I paid for the day and want to spend as much time on the ship as possible. Hope that helps

Archived