Do each departure port bring a different type of passengers

GateGuardian

Depending on the departure port, do you think NCL brings in different types of passengers? i.e would you see more younger/party goers departing from New York compared to, lets say, Florida?

Or it's more by the season? Where as there are more kids/younger people during the summer time?

Depending on the departure port, do you think NCL brings in different types of passengers? i.e would you see more younger/party goers departing from New York compared to, lets say, Florida?

Or it's more by the season? Where as there are more kids/younger people during the summer time?

I have never seen a differentiation in the types of people depending on the port of departure. What you might see is a different mix due to the destination. As for kids, etc. you will find spring break and summer time to be busier with the kids with many families opting for a kid friendly destination.

Depending on the departure port, do you think NCL brings in different types of passengers?

Absolutely! In almost 30 cruises I have sailed out of NOLA, east coast, central Florida, South Florida and 4 ports in Europe.

It's silly to think the "flavor" of the crowd out of NOLA is the same as the East Coast.

Beyond the general different regional flavors obviously the time of year has a lot to do with it as well.

Of my 8 cruises the most laid-back cruise was my 14 night Jewel tranatlantic Miami to Athens. I was 50 and only saw a few people younger than me. It was very calm. I went to the sushi place for lunch one day and was the only customer. They told me the previous week had been full of spring-breakers and it was SRO!

Absolutely! Ive found that the more expensive or long the trip is, the more people are willing to act like it took a lot of effort to get there. We took a weekend cruise to the Bahamas and it was a lot more partyish than our cruise to Italy or Hawaii.

My very first cruise was to Bermuda from Baltimore, I could drive there and it was close to several major cities full of people who could also drive there. I totally expected it to be like the Titanic movie, but I was ended up pretty disappointed that it was more like the mall. Drunk kids (seriously), obnoxious people, dissatisfied customers..

That was on Royal Caribbean. Ive found nothing like that on any NCL cruise so far!:D

Archived