First Time in Belfast

Hello! My husband and I are booked on the September 2017 Regal Princess cruise. We will be in Belfast for the day. There are two excursions that look interesting. The first one being the Giant's Causeway & Antrim Coast and the second one is A Discovery Exclusive: Titanic & Crumlin Road Gaol. I am a huge Titanic fan so you know where I want to go! LOL....I thought I would ask for your thoughts if you have been on any of these excursions.

Thanks!

^^^^ Thanks for your input! We were in Ireland in 2003 and went to the Cliffs of Moher. I know it is note quite the same as Giant's Causeway but I have seen the sweeping views. It is beautiful but I don't know if I need to see another one. LOL

Hello! My husband and I are booked on the September 2017 Regal Princess cruise. We will be in Belfast for the day. There are two excursions that look interesting. The first one being the Giant's Causeway & Antrim Coast and the second one is A Discovery Exclusive: Titanic & Crumlin Road Gaol. I am a huge Titanic fan so you know where I want to go! LOL....I thought I would ask for your thoughts if you have been on any of these excursions.

Thanks!

The Giant's Causeway is fantastic. Don's miss it.

Both are great options but imho Giants Causeway is a not to be missed site. It is worth a trip to Ireland all by itself. Also just an FYI you don't need to spend big bucks for the ship tour to either of those destinations. You can book your timed Titanic tickets on line, public transport or taxis in Belfast are super easy. The HOHO buses go past both the goel and the Titanic experience. And several companies do day trips up the Antrim Coast for <$50

We found a tour that includes both the Titanic Museum and the Giant Causeway. It is through McCombs Coach tours. We will be going in 2 weeks so I don't know yet how good it is, but I am hoping it will be great!

Thanks everyone for your input!

@irvingwml, please post here when you get back from your vacation about your experience with McCombs Coach tours. That might be the golden ticket!!! Have a wonderful trip!!

@irvingwml, please post here when you get back from your vacation about your experience with McCombs Coach tours. That might be the golden ticket!!! Have a wonderful trip!!

Thanks! We leave on Wednesday and get on the Caribbean Princess on Friday! Very excited for this intensive port itinerary! Won't get much rest, but will see so much!

I moved to Belfast recently so I've done most tourist sights as day trips on my days off . I'm not sure how long you've got in port but if you can get an early coach tour or even a cab your you could possibly do both ...

You'd need about 2 hours for Titanic ... I work across the road at Titanic studios and on cruise ship days we can see the queues so I'd recommend you book your ticket online in advance to queue hop.

The causeway is only an hour away near Bushmills (in case you like whisky ) ... I love the causeway coast and im sure it'll draw you in too.

If you need any more info on Belfast just give me a shout ...

The Antrim Coast is beautiful, but my personal opinion is that the Giant's Causeway is completely overrated and is missable. The villages of Cushendall and Cushendun are UNmissable!

The Titanic Experience is good. There is not a lot of actual artifacts from the ship, but the 'Experience' is really worth it.

Get in early, before the crowds. Book your tickets online.

The Antrim Coast is beautiful, but my personal opinion is that the Giant's Causeway is completely overrated and is missable. The villages of Cushendall and Cushendun are UNmissable!

The Titanic Experience is good. There is not a lot of actual artifacts from the ship, but the 'Experience' is really worth it.

Get in early, before the crowds. Book your tickets online.

Our Odyssey Tour included:

Tour Itinerary

We will depart from Belfast port and travel inland straight to the Giants Causeway where you will spend 1 hour 30 mins at the stones/visitor centre.

We will then make a photo stop at Dunluce castle before making the short journey to Carrick-a- Rede rope bridge where you will spend 1 hour 15 mins.

After leaving Carrick-a-rede we will travel along the Coast road one of the most scenic drives in the world along the way we will stop in the small fishing village of Carnlough for a short comfort break.

After leaving Carnlough we will make our way back to Belfast along the Coastal route for your extended City Tour before returning to Belfast port in time for your ships departure.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this tour last month. It was a great day. Purchase the rope bridge ticket from your bus driver. It will be a bit cheaper. The bridge walk is amazing. Try to get the front seat on the bus and you will be treated with super views of the coast. You can walk down to the Causeway. This allows more time to soak in the views. You will beat the other tour buses. Afternoon short stop for bathroom break and snack at a small grocery store. Very pretty smal harbor to investigate as you enjoy your ice cream. Great value tour. Do not book the ships tour. A fun day.

McCombs ship excursion that goes to the Titanic Museum and Giant Causeway was a perfect combination. The way they can get both of these places in during one day is by skipping some of the Antrim Coast. I loved the Titanic Museum. It is really well done. The Giant Causeway was interesting to see, but there were soooo many people there, that it detracted from the beauty. The tour guide was very interesting and provided a nice history of Belfast on the way back.

McCombs ship excursion that goes to the Titanic Museum and Giant Causeway was a perfect combination. The way they can get both of these places in during one day is by skipping some of the Antrim Coast. I loved the Titanic Museum. It is really well done. The Giant Causeway was interesting to see, but there were soooo many people there, that it detracted from the beauty. The tour guide was very interesting and provided a nice history of Belfast on the way back.

McCombs sent me a generic response for our 2017 trip:

23rd August, 2016, 6:50 am

Your query has been received thank you.

We will be in touch very soon.

Yes...that is Aug 23rd....and still no reply.

Did you have to pay in advance Irvingwml? Trying to arrange a small group if possible.

• 6 months later...