Which pre cruise hotel in Rome through Celebrity?

Topat

Please recommend any hotel you have heard of or used through Celebrity Cruise line for a 3 day pre-cruise stay in Rome :confused:. I've heard that the best area to stay in is by the Piazza Navonna or compo Dei Fiori by the Pantheon. Anyone know of any hotels in that area used by Celebrity with their cruise package? We have to make a choice within a week....thanks :D

We cruised with Royal Carribean last year and they put us up in the Cicerone Hotel . Not bad and I have stayed in other hotels in Rome privatley and the Cicerone is more like a standard Hilton type hotel .

If you go on to Trip Advisor you will read a wide range of comments that cover 1 star to four stars ,my opinion is that it is a 3.5 star. Bare in mind that if you go through the cruise line it includes pick up at the airport and to the ship a big plus and means no worries about timings or additioanl charges.

Scotslizzy

We did a two night stay in Rome prior to a trans-Atlantic cruise in 2009. We booked the Empire Palace Hotel, a converted palace, through Celebrity and found it quite nice. It's located within walking distance of many 'must see' Rome attractions, and our stay included a complementary breakfast buffet. This would be a good choice if Celebrity still offers it as an option.

Are you cruising this fall? Last fall we had made our own reservation for a hotel in the center of Rome not far from the Spanish Steps. We checked about 2 weeks before our November TA cruise (our hotel had a 7 day cancellation provision) and found that the rates were about 1/2 of what we'd booked at. We re-investigated and found many nice hotels had much lower last minute rates since it was during the off season.

We ended up changing our reservations and booking a room at a hotel less than a block from the Trevi Fountain at a very low rate compared to their in season rates. We did double check the list of Hotels that Celebrity was booking at and they were still pretty expensive and bit out of the way compared to our location.

Only negative was the transfers were a bit pricey, 125 euros for a private car to the ship. There were other shared options at a lower cost but we wanted an easy trip with pickup at the hotel at our convienence. Even with the added transfer cost we felt we did much better than we would have if we booked through Celebrity.

We did a two night stay in Rome prior to a trans-Atlantic cruise in 2009. We booked the Empire Palace Hotel, a converted palace, through Celebrity and found it quite nice. It's located within walking distance of many 'must see' Rome attractions, and our stay included a complementary breakfast buffet. This would be a good choice if Celebrity still offers it as an option.

We're planning a 2 night pre cruise in Rome next September and are looking at this hotel as a possibility. Can you relay anything about how X transported you from airport and then to cruise? Was it by van/car? Did you have long waits at either location? Once of our reasons for considering going through X for this is not having to be concerned about these transfers. Thanks for any information you or anyone can provide.:)

We're planning a 2 night pre cruise in Rome next September and are looking at this hotel as a possibility. Can you relay anything about how X transported you from airport and then to cruise? Was it by van/car? Did you have long waits at either location? Once of our reasons for considering going through X for this is not having to be concerned about these transfers. Thanks for any information you or anyone can provide.:)

We booked the Celebrity pre-cruise stay in Rome in Sept. 2009. Transfer from the airport to the hotel was not included. Transfer to the ship was by motorcoach. I think we stayed at the Empire Palace. The hotel was in the area of a number of embassies. A quite a few lovely restaurants with sidewalk dining tables were within a block of the hotel.

Gayle

We booked the Celebrity pre-cruise stay in Rome in Sept. 2009. Transfer from the airport to the hotel was not included. Transfer to the ship was by motorcoach. I think we stayed at the Empire Palace. The hotel was in the area of a number of embassies. A quite a few lovely restaurants with sidewalk dining tables were within a block of the hotel.

Gayle

We were in Rome last fall and stayed in Hotel Campo de Fiori. It was perfect.

http://www.hotelcampodefiori.com/inglese/hotel.htm

Gorgeous roof terrace. Perfect location and, in my opinion, cheaper and better than the hotels offered by Celebrity.

Thanks will check it out, although we like the idea of X's doing the transfers...but not sure of anything yet..so thanks!:)

We were in Rome last fall and stayed in Hotel Campo de Fiori. It was perfect.

http://www.hotelcampodefiori.com/inglese/hotel.htm

Gorgeous roof terrace. Perfect location and, in my opinion, cheaper and better than the hotels offered by Celebrity.

Thanks for this tip, have been looking at hotel, much better location than the Empire Palace...thanks again!:)

We are on the Equinox Trans Atlantic for oct. 31, 2010 and we have choosen the Cicerone. We booked it through Celebrity. They are also usingth Empire Palace Hotel, the Majestic and Hotel Sofitel If you book these hotels through Celebrity they will include your transportation to the pier.

Hopes this helps.

Enjoy your cruise:)

For those passengers who wish to do their own hotels in Rome, you can purchase a one way transfer from Rome to the pier.

The pickup point is the Crown Plaza St Peters. Coach departs at 130pm.

It's $91 per person.

You can also add a return transfer from the pier.

For those passengers who wish to do their own hotels in Rome, you can purchase a one way transfer from Rome to the pier.

The pickup point is the Crown Plaza St Peters. Coach departs at 130pm.

It's $91 per person.

You can also add a return transfer from the pier.

I just saw this last night on X website...may do this and pick our own hotel. Thanks for help from all!

I am italian and I lived in Rome for 5 years. The cheapest and also fastest way to reach Civitavecchia port is by train ! ;)

The FR5 line departing from TERMINI rail station arrives in Civitavecchia central station, wich is just in front of the port ( 500 m ). However, there are local bus or shuttle, and of course taxi available if you have too luggage. How much the ticket is? 4,50 Euro ( 6,30 $ ) !!The journey takes just 1 hour. The train departs also from other minor rail stations, like Trastevere rail station. Trastevere is a beautiful and historical area, near Campo de' Fiori. For the hotel, you could also take a look on Via ****onale. It is in the heart of Rome and near Termini Rail station. The hotel there are cheaper that on Piazza di Spagna or Fontana di Trevi because is a little less turistic area but you will be at walk distance of everything !

I hope this will be helpful. If you have other question, I am here.

P.S. Sorry for any mistakes I made, my english is not perfect....:D

I am italian and I lived in Rome for 5 years. The cheapest and also fastest way to reach Civitavecchia port is by train ! ;)

The FR5 line departing from TERMINI rail station arrives in Civitavecchia central station, wich is just in front of the port ( 500 m ). However, there are local bus or shuttle, and of course taxi available if you have too luggage. How much the ticket is? 4,50 Euro ( 6,30 $ ) !!The journey takes just 1 hour. The train departs also from other minor rail stations, like Trastevere rail station. Trastevere is a beautiful and historical area, near Campo de' Fiori. For the hotel, you could also take a look on Via ****onale. It is in the heart of Rome and near Termini Rail station. The hotel there are cheaper that on Piazza di Spagna or Fontana di Trevi because is a little less turistic area but you will be at walk distance of everything !

I hope this will be helpful. If you have other question, I am here.

P.S. Sorry for any mistakes I made, my english is not perfect....:D

Thank you so much for your information!

I really think you can get a cab cheaper than $91 per person and it would pick you up at your hotel. Try Rome Cabs or RomeinLimo. We are staying at the IQ Hotel post cruise (it is across from the Opera House near Termini station) they can arrange transportation for you..

We used Romeinlimo and checked the prices of others. I can assure you, you cannot find a legitimate ride to Cittivechia for less. It is over an hour away and if you find a ride for two for 100 Euros, not dollars, you are getting a fabulous deal.

You bet your hotel can arrange transportation for you...be prepared for the fee. All I can say, if you have never been to Rome, you will be surprised at the cost. It is one of the most expensive cities in Europe. Regardless, I still think it is a great place :D

We used Romeinlimo and checked the prices of others. I can assure you, you cannot find a legitimate ride to Cittivechia for less. It is over an hour away and if you find a ride for two for 100 Euros, not dollars, you are getting a fabulous deal.

You bet your hotel can arrange transportation for you...be prepared for the fee. All I can say, if you have never been to Rome, you will be surprised at the cost. It is one of the most expensive cities in Europe. Regardless, I still think it is a great place :D

We've been looking at romeinlimo too, have seen it recommended by many here. What did it cost for romeinlimo to city center to port? You mentioned 100 euros, is that what you paid? Right now that's a little less than $150US, so still less than the $91.00 per person from X. Have never been to Rome but have realized it's expensive so trying to get a grasp on the things I KNOW we have to do....like get to the hotel from the airport, the hotel itself, get to the port etc.....oh well half the fun is the planning, right??.....:D

We've been looking at romeinlimo too, have seen it recommended by many here. What did it cost for romeinlimo to city center to port? You mentioned 100 euros, is that what you paid? Right now that's a little less than $150US, so still less than the $91.00 per person from X. Have never been to Rome but have realized it's expensive so trying to get a grasp on the things I KNOW we have to do....like get to the hotel from the airport, the hotel itself, get to the port etc.....oh well half the fun is the planning, right??.....:D

We paid 120 Euros. In a Mercedes S class sedan, right to the ship. The driver was great with running commentary along the way.

From the airport to the hotel was 60 Euros and from the port to the airport was also 120.

It is a lot of money but I did not want the aggravation of trying to save a few bucks and not knowing what I was getting. We were chauffeured around in a luxury car, it was real nice.

We paid 120 Euros. In a Mercedes S class sedan, right to the ship. The driver was great with running commentary along the way.

From the airport to the hotel was 60 Euros and from the port to the airport was also 120.

It is a lot of money but I did not want the aggravation of trying to save a few bucks and not knowing what I was getting. We were chauffeured around in a luxury car, it was real nice.

Oh...this is what I want and I KNOW it's what my husband wants. Thanks for the info....oh..one question and sorry if I sound naive...but have never been overseas so I guess I am....did you just make reservations with romeinlimo via their website? Did you pay in advance? Thanks again, I am so excited about this trip and it's still 11 months away!!!:D

Oh...this is what I want and I KNOW it's what my husband wants. Thanks for the info....oh..one question and sorry if I sound naive...but have never been overseas so I guess I am....did you just make reservations with romeinlimo via their website? Did you pay in advance? Thanks again, I am so excited about this trip and it's still 11 months away!!!:D

Yes, I just made my reservations online and they did not want any advance payment. They do like their Euros in cash LOL. Visa is traceable LOL.

You can wait till several months in advance, booking too early could get you lost. When you email them ask them how much, just to be certain. They wil need other details like your flight number and arrival times etc.

It is nice to sit in the back seat of a nice car and look at the scenery passing by. Italy is such a wonderful Country. You will just love it.

Try and stay in a "Italian" hotel to get the flavor of the place as opposed to a modern hotel that feels like anywhere else in the US or the World. We stayed in a top floor room with a private balcony at Hotel Camp de Fiori. Just fantastic.

Just off Equinox and we booked hotels and transportation independent of Celebrity.

We stayed 4 nights at the Sofitel, great location near Villa Borghesse, lots of shopping and restaurants AND FREE WI-FI! We booked directly on their website and got a "pre-pay" deal. The restaurant and bar at the top have views that are not to be missed.

To get to and from the ship we shared a Romelimo Van with two other couples, so cost us 30Euros each per ride. We were picked up at our hotel door at the time of our choosing. It was great and stress-free.

Yes, I just made my reservations online and they did not want any advance payment. They do like their Euros in cash LOL. Visa is traceable LOL.

You can wait till several months in advance, booking too early could get you lost. When you email them ask them how much, just to be certain. They wil need other details like your flight number and arrival times etc.

It is nice to sit in the back seat of a nice car and look at the scenery passing by. Italy is such a wonderful Country. You will just love it.

Try and stay in a "Italian" hotel to get the flavor of the place as opposed to a modern hotel that feels like anywhere else in the US or the World. We stayed in a top floor room with a private balcony at Hotel Camp de Fiori. Just fantastic.

Thanks for all your help. We are definitely going to stay in an "Italian" hotel...I'm in the business and want nothing to do with a modern "chain" type property!!! Thanks again!:D

Archived