Amsterdam Airport Train

tickets

I ordered 2 return trip tickets online because the site said that it is time consuming at the airport. We received an immediate confirmation that said that we would receive out tickets within 24 hours. We paid 29 euro and it has been 72 hours and still no tickets. It has posted to my bank. I replied about the situation but have heard nothing. Any advice? Thank you in advance.

As far as I know ordering tickets only works with a dutch bank account, unless that changed recently of course.

It would have been no problem to get tickets at the airport. Either on the machines or with a small surcharge at the window.

I hope things will work out for you.

Hi,

Which site did you use to book your tickets? This is the Dutch Railways website,

http://www.ns.nl/en

but, as Ine says, they do not accept payment by credit card only by Dutch bank cards. This is not unusual in the Netherlands where credit cards are not that widely used. The NS site is consequently only of use to visitors as a means of getting train times.

Dermot

A little bit of detective work suggests the OP may have used Ticketbar:

http://adaminfo.rgi.ticketbar.eu/en/ticketbar-amsterdam/train-from-schiphol-to-amsterdam-/

The tickets seem way overpriced compared to buying direct (€9-50 one way, €14-50 return, which surely should be two one way tickets?), although it is a while since I have been to Schipol. It does mention a €2 booking fee :eek:

OP - this may not have been the best choice, but you should still expect your tickets. Have you checked you Junk/Spam folder?

You are correct, Cotswald, that is the site where I purchased the tickets. That is the site you reach from Amsterdam into. I think it is because the train site Mairealach is unavailable to tourists (credit cards). In any case the problem is resolved. I disputed the charge with our bank and they contacted the vendor. We received our tickets this morning. Thank you so much for your assistance.

Personally, I think both that site and Ticketbar are exaggerating difficulties getting tickets at the station (for example, the menu on the ticket machine at the airport is available in English these days), presumably to boost sales of their overpriced option!

But I'm glad you got your tickets. Enjoy Amsterdam.

We purchased a 3 day pass on arrival at the visitor's center in the airport with our Visa.

Since we were arriving early, this worked well for us.

For the return train to the airport we spent a little extra and purchased a 1 day pass so we could walk off the ship and head straight to the train since we had an early flight. (one way tickets at the train station can only be purchased 7 days in advance and our cruise was longer)

We would have been fine without doing this since there was no line when we arrived but it did provide peace of mind. Anyway, in July we were off the ship which listed 7 as arrival and to the airport at 8:02! (at our United gate in the far end of the terminal by 9:15)

Maybe we were were having a lucky day.