Vantage-Seine-Paris docking-Versailles

RealCajunLady

When we booked our special interest river cruise, Art Along the Seine, with Vantage (July 2, 2016) over a year ago, I did so for two special reasons – an after hours guided tour of the Louvre and a tour of Versailles. After paying the entire bill, a year in advance, I was checking our itinerary and could not find the Versailles tour mentioned. I had not been informed of the change and called the company to find out why and was told that it had been cancelled due to “poor reviews” from previous travelers. I was also told to contact the Concierge for assistance in booking a tour on our own. My assistance was a link to a company that does Versailles tours but no information about when we might do that. I need advice from anyone who has done the Paris to Normandy cruise with Vantage recently, about whether it would be possible to book a tour on our second to last day instead of doing whatever is on the itinerary - Conflans. We are not planning to extend our trip and as this might be our only trip to Paris, I would really like to see Versailles. I would appreciate any help or suggestions, other than extending trip, especially tour company or other individuals to contact about scheduling a visit.

I would also like to know where the Vantage ship docked pre cruise and post cruise for the Paris to Normandy excusion.

I would call Vanatge again and get more specific information. You need to speak to a Concierge not just be given a link.

When we docked near Conflans (July 2014) it was quite a distance from Paris and Versailles. It was NOT where we were supposed to dock (not sure why it was changed). We enjoyed our tour very much (it was hot and crowded but to be expected in July). Booking on your own will require that you know the timing of the ship and where it is docking--- the concierge should be able to help more with these specifics. The purpose of the Vantage "concierge" is to be able to do more things on your own.

DW and I visited Versailles last March on a stop over in route to Singapore.

You don't need to pay for a tour to Versailles, there is a wonderful tour with guide at Versailles for a reasonable cost.

Versailles is easy to get to from downtown Paris via the train. Not sure where your ship will be docketed, but with Paris' wonderful METRO, you should be able to go on your own. The station at Versailles is about half a mile from the site.

The final docking stop is my concern and I have been hearing that it is often not in Paris. Thank you for the recommendation. My next action will be to speak to a live concierge. Will post if I am successful. Would like to know your overall impression of the Paris-Normandy trip in July pbnjrockette??

I would call Vanatge again and get more specific information. You need to speak to a Concierge not just be given a link.

When we docked near Conflans (July 2014) it was quite a distance from Paris and Versailles. It was NOT where we were supposed to dock (not sure why it was changed). We enjoyed our tour very much (it was hot and crowded but to be expected in July). Booking on your own will require that you know the timing of the ship and where it is docking--- the concierge should be able to help more with these specifics. The purpose of the Vantage "concierge" is to be able to do more things on your own.

I would like to read your blog of your Paris to Normandy trip but am unable to find on the board. Would you mind sharing a link to your post?

The final docking stop is my concern and I have been hearing that it is often not in Paris. Thank you for the recommendation. My next action will be to speak to a live concierge. Will post if I am successful. Would like to know your overall impression of the Paris-Normandy trip in July pbnjrockette??

We absolutely LOVED our tour! We were took the Treasures of France cruise Paris->Normandy->Paris->Provence for 20 days. Really loved all of it but especially liked the River Venture and our Vantage guide on that ship. The food on the ship was okay (not great) if you get a chance to eat off the boat do so! Wine was wonderful! We also grabbed treats (cheese, sausage) and wonderful french bread in the bakeries---often brought the bread back for dinner! The best days were in at Monet's gardens, exploring Rouen, and of course Normandy.

I would be glad to answer any specific questions you have. I wrote a blog that details our entire trip... just use the arrows on the left side if you are interested.

https://aroundtheworldwithcliffandpat.wordpress.com/2014/06/28/15/