Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

//////////////

I have been quiet for the past couple of months. I have a blog about all things Ft Lauderdale that I made a promise to myself would be updated daily. Instead, I have been kind of busy with my other life outside of the States, and have neglected it. I'm back and making sure that any new updates get posted there timely. Questions...fire away.

Bequia

////////////

Have enjoyed all your help before.

We are booked through Priceline for the Hyatt Place near 17th Street for March 2010 so cann't cancel. I have read on another thread there might be problems with the hotel. Have you heard of anything.

Edited by phabric

Can you recommend a nice hotel near the Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall for under $100 a night in Dec?

The LaQuinta Inn, 13600 NW 2nd St, Sunrise, FL‎ -is 1.8 miles south of the Sawgrass Mills. Safe neighborhood, nearby restaurants within walking distance.

//////

We are booked through Priceline for the Hyatt Place near 17th Street for March 2010 so cann't cancel. I have read on another thread there might be problems with the hotel. Have you heard of anything.

Not sure what you've heard but I wouldn't think twice about staying at this Hyatt Place.

////

we will be flying in to FLL and our cruise departs from Miami....we are a party of 4. Suggestions?

Our concerns are getting to & from airport, pier, hotel etc.

should we stay in FLL area, or MIA? Rent a car or rely on Taxi?

We are trying to be budget friendly.

Thanks in advance.

//////////////

I have been quiet for the past couple of months. I have a blog about all things Ft Lauderdale that I made a promise to myself would be updated daily. Instead, I have been kind of busy with my other life outside of the States, and have neglected it. I'm back and making sure that any new updates get posted there timely. Questions...fire away.

Bequia

////////////

I'm so glad to see you back and thank you for replying to my email :) I've shared your blog site with anyone that asks about FLL. It's the most informative source for information on the area. It certainly has helped us in the past :)

FLL is our favorite cruise port and we are headed back there in October. We are staying at the Renaissance and looking for a breakfast suggestion. The hotel offers a buffet but we are looking for somewhere with a menu to order from. I know there is a bakery around the corner from the hotel but it was small and offered more of a bakery type offering. Any suggestions?

Thank you again :)

If you don't mind me asking, what price did you get for the room? Never used priceline so don't know what to do. We are also cruising in march.

I did Priceline in June. With Priceline, I " bid " under Downtown Ft Lauderdale, 3 or 4*(cann't remember) for March 27. I had to do a few tries until I bid $100 and received the Hyatt Place with taxes and service fee came to $119.81. Hotel site wants $230.

We have been to this hotel when it was another name. There is a continental breakfast, shuttle to/from airport/port, close to restaurants, and stores.

Go to http://www.biddingfortravel.com will help you get started.

Edited by phabric

Hi there-

So happy to have stumbled upon this thread!

As you can see in my countdown, I'll be leaving out of FLL on a cruise on 11/28. We'll be coming in on 11/27 and I feel overwhelmed with the hotel search. I don't want to do priceline or hotwire because that would require paying up front and our plans are still not 100% concrete. We are looking for a hotel that has airport and cruiseport shtutles, if possible.

I found good rates for the Hyatt Pier 66 ($118 for garden/double) and the Hyatt Place ($119) via hyatt.com. Are either of these good?

Thanks in advance for any information you can offer.

Hi there-

So happy to have stumbled upon this thread!

As you can see in my countdown, I'll be leaving out of FLL on a cruise on 11/28. We'll be coming in on 11/27 and I feel overwhelmed with the hotel search. I don't want to do priceline or hotwire because that would require paying up front and our plans are still not 100% concrete. We are looking for a hotel that has airport and cruiseport shtutles, if possible.

I found good rates for the Hyatt Pier 66 ($118 for garden/double) and the Hyatt Place ($119) via hyatt.com. Are either of these good?

The Hyatt Place has a shuttle to/from airport/port, continental breakfast and close restaurant, grocery stores.

If that helps.

//////////////

Bequia

////////////

How is the stay at the Embassy Suites? Do they have a nice pool?

We are coming to FLL in November and my mom really wants to do some outlet shopping before we leave on our cruise. We are staying at the Renaissance and I am wondering how difficult it would be to get to the Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall? Is it worth the trip? We are not planning on renting a car so how woudl we get there?

Hi there-

The Hyatt Pier 66 is a resort, the Hyatt Place is an ordinary hotel. Both are fine. If you have extended time then the Pier 66 in a heartbeat. If less then 24 hours, Hyatt Place.

/////

Best way to get from South Beach to Port Everglades?

Approximate cost of Taxi or recommendation for shuttle would be appreciated.

Thankyou Bequia. You have been missed :)

Depending on where your located in South Beach cab fare can run in the $70- $80 range. Renting a car for the 45 minute drive would be at least half that. Check with your hotel, they may have special arrangements with local car services for a better rate.

/////

We are coming to FLL in November and my mom really wants to do some outlet shopping before we leave on our cruise. We are staying at the Renaissance and I am wondering how difficult it would be to get to the Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall? Is it worth the trip? We are not planning on renting a car so how woudl we get there?

If your staying at the Renaissance by the port, cab fares around $50 each way. From the Renaissance in Plantation, cab fares around $20 each way. It's a lengthy trip utilizing the county bus service, by car it's less then thirty minutes away. Is it worth it? Absolutely. It's not too difficult to find substantial savings, enough to warrant leaving your clothes home and buying all new clothes for the cruise.lol. :p

/////

Hi:

I'm looking for a good deal on parking for a Feb 2010 14 day cruise. What would you recommend in Port Everglade?

Thanks,

Izzy

I'd recommend staying at a hotel the night before that offers a park/sleep and cruise package. The Renaissance in Plantation offers up to 30 days of free parking with a nights stay.

///////

Hello,

I hope you can help me. We fly into FLL on 24th December and need somewhere to stay until 26th...but we want to be relatively clost to the airport (so we can meet more people in our party coming in on the evening of 25th Dec).

I know it will be Christmas day, so I would love to know somewhere good to stay (not too pricey!), whether there will be anything to do, if any restaurants will be open, and if services at the airport are open (cafes etc)

Also, what is the weather like at that time of the year?

Thanks.

HMC