In search of the ultimate terry cloth bathrobe

caviargal

I am shopping for a luxurious terry cloth bath robe as a gift for my sister in law. I want one that is of the quality of that to be found in a very high end spa or hotel.

It would be fabulous if it came in colors, as white gets boring.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

oh, I hope someone has a good idea for you! I need a new one for my Popp-o

I had gotten a great robe via a Gevalia promo a few years ago - thick, very long sleeves so he could type on the computer without freezinghis fingers off, floor length, good neck line with a collar to cuddle into - and gave it to my dear old dad in NJ (winter is very cold there for a diabetic!). We had been on a quest for some time for a good robe for him and this one worked well. Unfortunaley, they no longer do the promo. Bummer

I might suggest contacting a high quality spa and asking whther they sell theirs or where they get them from

Good luck - post back if you find one!

Have you tried contacting one of the hotels/spas that you're thinking of? I got mine at Ihilani in Hawaii and it's very nice, I don't wear it much because I never get cold enough!

Land End has a nice one, longer and it comes in colors. You can have them monogramed. I've never ordered one from them, but I'm always happy with the quality of their clothes and I do buy their bath towels. I think you can order a sample fabric from them, they're pretty quick about stuff like that, if time is a factor for you. Here's a link to it:

http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,1467,1_2_1930_194_70080_48527_5:view=59,00.html?CM_MERCH=ALT_194&sid=2307196830630194600

Back when The Nanny was on Fran Drescher always wore the fluffiest terry cloth robes and I've always wanted one of those. If you find the type you are looking for, please post back because I'm still looking also. Thanks.

Hi Cate, there was a store in LA that used to sell them, but I can't find their name. They actually were not terry, but looked like terry on the outside.

If you are still looking try doing a search for something called "the nanny robe". I assume you are talking about the ones she wore with the "different imprints" on them like moon and stars? I had one and I can tell you that it was not terry on the inside and more of a chenile (sp?) on the outside but looked like terry.

Thanks, everyone, for all of the suggestions.

I think I will wait til I go to NY at Thanksgiving and find one there. None of these is exactly what I am looking for.

My favorite robe is a hooded, white terry I bought at the Phoenician in AZ years ago. I adore it but do not get to wear it often as I live in FL. We finally have some decent weather today - 48 this morning - and I got to enjoy it.

CaviarGirl,

There's a very upscale spa that opened within the last 6 months here in NY and they might have the robe you want.

It's called Cornelia Spa and it's located on 5th Ave and 51st Street right above the Ferragamo store.

Also the Exhale Spa (76th & Madison) might have one that you like.

Jane

I am shopping for a luxurious terry cloth bath robe as a gift for my sister in law. I want one that is of the quality of that to be found in a very high end spa or hotel.

It would be fabulous if it came in colors, as white gets boring.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Try this link

If money is no object, I would highly recommend La Perla Terry robe. My MIL has one that is at least 3 or 4 years old and it just gets softer and better with age. I personally cannot justify spending that much for a robe. However I do love nice lounge wear and a good robe you can have for years. Last year I purchased a Frette Microfiber robe, the inside is 100% cotton terry and outside is a polyester/cotton blend. I really like the blend as you get the softness and absorbency of all cotton but it is not quite as bulky as an all cotton robe. Both can be purchased on the net.

Hi Cate, there was a store in LA that used to sell them, but I can't find their name. They actually were not terry, but looked like terry on the outside.

If you are still looking try doing a search for something called "the nanny robe". I assume you are talking about the ones she wore with the "different imprints" on them like moon and stars? I had one and I can tell you that it was not terry on the inside and more of a chenile (sp?) on the outside but looked like terry.

Mrs. Moose - thanks for the info - I will do that. Cate

Archived