Prince Edward Island tours

If anyone is looking for an alternative to the ship's tours, do not hesitate to hire a driver at PEI. I can personally recommend a gentleman by the name of Billy. He is excellent. He is a local and seems to know everybody on the island. First, we drove around Charlottetown and then we headed north where we went to a mussel farm, Dalvey by the Sea (since he knew the manager, we were able to go into the rooms, etc.), a lobster pound, the oldest structure on the island (still owned by the same family), the oldest church, a bird sanctuary on the red cliffs, the Cavendish beach, and Annes house and grave. Highly enjoyable tour that was supposed to 3 hours but took 4. He only charged us for 3, however. His tours run $50 per hour (that is NOT per person). Billy works for the province during the winter months and for the other six months he runs this tour company. Great guy. Ask for him when you get off the ship. I told him I would post my experience so mention you read about him on cruise critic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived