Carnival Europe every year?

Tinkers70

I'm itching to price carnival for a Med cruise next year. I know the ships, dates and prices won't become available until April time (roughly) but just wondered if Carnival always cruise the Med in the summer months?

I got a fantastic quote today from my travel agent but it's based on this year's price for July. Just wish I had the finances to book for this year but unfortunately I don't :(

She also priced up RCI for me at the same time and they are almost £2,000 more expensive!:eek:

I would say that Carnival being in Europe in 2014 is not certain. They may definitely send a ship over, but this year they tried having two and had troubles filling them both so they're bringing Legend back early. So glad that we're doing it this year.

Yeah I noticed it was Sunshine that was doing Europe this year but I think that's just because she's coming out of dry dock from her refurbishment?

I'll keep everything crossed that they have at least 1 ship here in Europe next year

They have been pretty mum on the subject. The past two years we knew by this time that they were going to be there. I am curious too. We did the Magic in Europe in 2011. We booked it when they opened the dates, which was January 2010. Of course, that is when they had a New ship coming out. Next year they would have to send one over. I am curious.

Looks like Europeans don't like the Carnival product. It's not the first time they are having difficulties filling the ships. A couple of years they plans to send several ships to Europe, bit in the end I think only 1 ship went together with a new built.

We are booked on the Legend in May and the price of this cruise was much lower than Princess which is the line we use mostly, being so port intensive I decided to book this as it started off for my DD and I, I now have my parents coming too so we are hoping to have a good time and enjoy the little time we have onboard.

Did 12 day Carnival Freedom in 2008

Did 12 day Ruby Princess in 2012

2012 was cheaper..and better itin than Freedom in 2008

of course it takes having the right online TA and being able to tell them directly...

"you know I am booking now because I want this ship etc..but be prepared for me to call you every single time the price goes down and I will want the reduction because I can always cancel and rebook at the lower rate anyway...with you again of course" LOL

My online TA knows to expect my calls and has no problem at all with them and as a matter of fact when I called him 72 hours before final payment for our 2012 cruise..he said to me..."hold on and let me call Princess and see if I can get you a better deal and maybe an upgrade before you pay"

viola...upgrade and $1000 savings on 2 cabins!

Did 12 day Carnival Freedom in 2008

Did 12 day Ruby Princess in 2012

2012 was cheaper..and better itin than Freedom in 2008

of course it takes having the right online TA and being able to tell them directly...

"you know I am booking now because I want this ship etc..but be prepared for me to call you every single time the price goes down and I will want the reduction because I can always cancel and rebook at the lower rate anyway...with you again of course" LOL

My online TA knows to expect my calls and has no problem at all with them and as a matter of fact when I called him 72 hours before final payment for our 2012 cruise..he said to me..."hold on and let me call Princess and see if I can get you a better deal and maybe an upgrade before you pay"

viola...upgrade and $1000 savings on 2 cabins!

Wow, that is awesome that you got Princess at a great price, can you email me at winikj at bellsouth dot net with which online TA you use. I think I'm ready for a change as I don't seem to be getting great deals anymore:D

Just booked NCL Epic for summer 2014 med cruise:D

I didn't see any Carnival......if they come out I can cancel and rebook if the itin is good.

I'm thinking that they might have had a problem filling the ships because of the 12 day itinerary. Honestly....I think that is too long for my daughter and that alone is enough to look at other lines.

I hope they put a ship there for 7 nights with an awesome itin....I can be swayed back....but honestly....the Epic itin looks AWESOME....AND trying a new line is enticing....How bad can it be;)

Kerri

Archived