Any Vking passengers affected by Air France Strike?

ticonderoga

I've spoken with Viking today about my flight to Prague on Friday for the 3-day pre-cruise before my Budapest to Amsterdam cruise on Sept 23rd, and they said that so far my flight is still confirmed and to check in with them tomorrow. Is anyone in the same boat as me (pun definitely intended)? Do you know what I can expect from Viking since they did the flight booking for me? If my flight is one of the ones that ends up being cancelled due to the strike what are Viking's responsibilities towards me? Should they preventively book me on another airline today or tomorrow? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Ticonderoga

My flight to Prague is on the 19th for the 3 day pre-cruise and Air France is advising people to either re-schedule or cancel without penalty. So, Viking would have to change my flight to Prague on another airline or cancel my pre-cruise and fly me to Budapest instead. I was really looking forward to seeing Prague...

Sigh, I hope you all can make it to your cruises. I will never fly Air France, literally every message board I'm on to what ever destination they fly, people are fretting over a strike, and this has gone on for years. :( Airlines are bad enough once you board, but we shouldn't need to live in fear if they will even fly!

Wishing you all luck!

Edited by Familygoboston

Sigh, I hope you all can make it to your cruises. I will never fly Air France, literally every message board I'm on to what ever destination they fly, people are fretting over a strike, and this has gone on for years. :( Airlines are bad enough once you board, but we shouldn't need to live in fear if they will even fly!

Wishing you all luck!

we fly /use air france twice a year…best crews and service we have found…now US Air?… not so much

safe travels

We just got home from Waterways of the Tsars, and all passengers booked on Air France were delayed snd looking for alternatives. Not more than 7 people on our cruise. Everyone else had other carriers. But I believe Lufthansa had some work stoppages recently too. Good luck all!

We just got home from Waterways of the Tsars, and all passengers booked on Air France were delayed snd looking for alternatives. Not more than 7 people on our cruise. Everyone else had other carriers. But I believe Lufthansa had some work stoppages recently too. Good luck all!

Lufthansa did when we were returning from Russia and I have to tell you, I will be their loyal customer forever! Our flight from St. Pete to Frankfort was delayed 3 hours due to striking cabin attendants, which caused us to miss our connection to NY. When we were about 30 minutes out of Frankfort, pilot announced that all passengers missing connections to the states were already rebooked and those having to stay over-night (us and about 10 others) were already placed in hotels and would be receiving meal vouchers for dinner and breakfast. We were put in a hotel that was right in the airport and our room, dinner, and breakfast were outstanding....plus since we couldn't get our luggage, it was convenient to have the souveneir shops right there so we could buy tee shirts for sleeping. It pains me to say that as a loyal and proud American, I don't like flying any of our remaining carriers to Europe! Lufthansa, British Air and Air France are all so much better for European flights.

For those heading to Paris...next week is Fashion Week in Paris and I would imagine that has a lot to do with the pilot's job action ending on Monday. I'v never traveled with Viking but I would hope they will take care of rebooking all their customers.

I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry. Two minutes after I printed out my boarding passes for my Air France flight tomorrow to Prague, they cancel the flight and rebook me on flights that would get me into Prague Sunday afternoon, essentially cutting my pre-cruise in half. I'm waiting for Viking to call me back with an alternative. I would rather go straight to Budapest at this point and just relax. This is so unfortunate...

Ticonderoga

A little update on my situation: I sure am glad I had paid the extra $100 to Viking to for the Air Plus Service. They have just confirmed to me that they got me on another carrier and I will get to Prague just two hours later than my original Air France flights. Of course I won't have any choice in seats, and may not even be able to sit with my mother but at least I will get where I'm going about the same time as originally planned. Now if only the weather will cooperate...

Thanks for letting me vent.

Ti

A little update on my situation: I sure am glad I had paid the extra $100 to Viking to for the Air Plus Service. They have just confirmed to me that they got me on another carrier and I will get to Prague just two hours later than my original Air France flights. Of course I won't have any choice in seats, and may not even be able to sit with my mother but at least I will get where I'm going about the same time as originally planned. Now if only the weather will cooperate...

Thanks for letting me vent.

Ti

Glad it worked out for you....it's not working at all for some. One person I've been chatting with on cc had her tomorrow flight rescheduled to Saturday with Delta and a codeshare, which is guess what? Air France!!!