Oasis - Port or Starboard?

Is there any advantage to being on the port vs. starboard side on Oasis?

Not really. The ship will mostly dock on the starboard side, but depending on what side of the dock the ship uses, that may not be the most "scenic" side.

About the only difference is that the tendency seems to be that the Starboard side is the "pier side" in ports. Not always true, but seems to be the trend. I usually book starboard side for that reason as I like to sit on my balcony after coming back from shore and watch the people and "action" in port.

The only other advantage that I can think of is that on a cruise that goes round trip is to look at the cabins and see which is best placed in the deck plan. We just booked a port side JS on Oasis for next year because it is 1. Not above or below anything that can cause noise, 2. not a connecting cabin, and 3. is in a good location on the deck relative to the elevators. Sun or shade isn't an issue as the ship goes out then back so you'll get the sun or shade one direction either way.

Somewhere along the way I read that smoking is port side, but that may only apply to common areas.

There are smoking sections on Decks 15 & 16 on the Port side. That doesn't mean that smoking is allowed on the entire port side of the ship though.

We booked port for our b2b in Oct, but we also got a hump JS. Nice thing is, since we're doing a b2b, we won't be woken early by the port noise in PC on our turn around day unless of course they dock on the port side lol. With all the cruises, we've done, we usually book starboard, but occasionally do port and honestly we've not noticed any difference. Some ports, the side away from the pier is nicer so it's really a toss up and isn't the reason we ever pick a cabin. We pick to be mid-ship and get a hump when we can. On OA since we're on the hump, we stand a very good chance of having two loungers which is nice if we want to get away from the crowds to read and relax.

I really don't remember which side we were on when we were on Allure so it didn't make much difference I guess.

Oasis is designed to dock on the starboard side (and does not tender, only hard dock). That is the side with the escalator to the gangway.

But indeed if drills, etc. are going on, the ship can dock on the port side.

We usually like the side facing the dock (starboard), but it can be quite noisy at times. DH has announced he prefers the port from now on due to that, plus we usually find a better view on that side anyway.

Like others have said, I always stay on the starboard side because most times this is the side facing the island. I like to sit on my balcony in the morning and see what's going on. Definitely fun when you get to see people running full speed back to the boat. This happens pretty regularly. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

May not be important to everyone, but if you like to sit on your balcony during sailaway, the port side is fun. The locals come out to their yards/balconies and yell, wave flags, ring bells, etc at the departing cruise ships (on the starboard side is a naval base).

May not be important to everyone, but if you like to sit on your balcony during sailaway, the port side is fun. The locals come out to their yards/balconies and yell, wave flags, ring bells, etc at the departing cruise ships (on the starboard side is a naval base).

true of port everglades but not port canaveral

true of port everglades but not port canaveral

And with the new terminal #1....the ship is now much further down the channel, closer to the

port opening. Not a lot of locals cheering to see, except the enthusiastic ones at Jetty Park

at the end.