I know this is cruise critic but....

I absolutely love RCL ! seems like a lot of people just gripe and complain about my favorite cruiseline....so I want to let everyone know that I don't care what they charge it is worth it! RCL has the best of everything! so I don't mind paying it. just like having a BMW in your garage....you get what you pay for. so you haters can just hate...but I think RCL is the best!! and no I am not trying other lines...done that....no comparison.

Now you really have to be more realistic, to simply state you don't care what they charge is not.

Yes you should get what you pay for, in all walks of life, but if you got charged for a Ferrari and got the BMW I am sure you would have something to say about it.

I am also one of those that really like the product, and would be happy if prices are held at a level to provide a quality product, but I would not pay simply any amount for it. What I pay and what i get have to balance out :eek:

I absolutely love RCL ! seems like a lot of people just gripe and complain about my favorite cruiseline....so I want to let everyone know that I don't care what they charge it is worth it! RCL has the best of everything! so I don't mind paying it. just like having a BMW in your garage....you get what you pay for. so you haters can just hate...but I think RCL is the best!! and no I am not trying other lines...done that....no comparison.

Were you up all night fretting about what others have been saying about your favorite cruise line and had to post your vent at 6:30 on a Saturday morning? Why do you care what others are saying? Hey if Royal's still your cruise line, great, but others, who are not a starry eyed in love as you are with Royal, are free to choose to to drop this cruise line and go on another one who is not screwing around with their pricing just to get more cruisers to buy their packages. What's next, starting to charge for the MDR so they can sell more specialty restaurant meals?

I don't mind paying up for a BMW either but if BMW starts producing Lada quality cars I'll drop them too.

Now you really have to be more realistic, to simply state you don't care what they charge is not.

Yes you should get what you pay for, in all walks of life, but if you got charged for a Ferrari and got the BMW I am sure you would have something to say about it.

I am also one of those that really like the product, and would be happy if prices are held at a level to provide a quality product, but I would not pay simply any amount for it. What I pay and what i get have to balance out :eek:

Well said. Why pay more for less?

If you guys can say all the bad things about something all I am saying is I will write good things ....and dawg just like you I can write whatever I want at any time I want no matter what time it is.....why if you dislike RCL so much you are on there boards? go over to the carnies!

If you guys can say all the bad things about something all I am saying is I will write good things ....and dawg just like you I can write whatever I want at any time I want no matter what time it is.....why if you dislike RCL so much you are on there boards? go over to the carnies!

But I don't sail on carnie.:D And I don't dislike RCL, I just don't Love them. :)

Edited by DirtyDawg

I'm sure they are pleased to have your undying loyalty and if I was you I wouldn't worry too much about all the complaints. Most people who cruise haven't even heard of cruise critic, so the majority of cruisers aren't reading about all the problems mentioned on here. It's merely a drop in the ocean, so to speak!

The problem for the company however is if the majority, who don't air their grievances on these boards, are feeling the same way. That's when they really will lose a lot of business! I hope they read the boards and improve things, because we would like to come back. We have had great times with Royal in the past and will probably return if they raise the bar again.

Of course you have the right to post your love of Royal. But to say you don't care what they charge makes me think your not a sincere client. I've been cruising Rcl since 2001. I preferred them over NCL & Celebrity (only because of my teens).

However, they're pricing & quality has declined. If I had a friend that was new to cruising, I would recommend NCL. They have a good product for less. Why pay more when your just learning about cruising.

If we hadn't booked our August cruise on Oasis before the BOGO, we wouldn't be going. It's up about $400 with the sale. The reality is, Royal has more that I like than I don't, but the love is definitely waning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Edited by idamae3218

Lately it's been the amateurish management moves, the moves to start charging extra for every little thing it seems, the Chops price increase, and the assumption that they can sell more drink packages by instituting hyper-inflation level price increases on individual drinks. The product is still pretty good but the management, not so much.

I am new to RCL and will be taking first cruise in May. We have been looking forward to this back to back on the Oasis but of recent so many regular RCL cruisers are talking about the price increases and decrease in quality of food and service. Now I know that most of these opinions are subjective so we will make our opinions based on what we find once onboard. With that said, Cockymark I wouldn't call those that have discussed the issues "haters"; most of said that they are very loyal to RCL but have begun to question the price increase and what they perceive as a decrease in services and quality. My DW and I are very loyal to Princess and eat at their speciality steak restaurant, Crown Grill, each cruise. Their cost is $25pp whereas it appears that Chops Grille on RCL has gone to $39pp. Only you as the consumer can decide whether or not the $39pp is worth it compared to other lines. Just because someone's opinion is different doesn't make them a "hater".

Were you up all night fretting about what others have been saying about your favorite cruise line and had to post your vent at 6:30 on a Saturday morning? Why do you care what others are saying?

Wow.... judgmental much?

Why are YOU posting at 6:52 on a Saturday morning, DirtyDawg? Why do YOU care what others are saying?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wow.... judgmental much?

Why are YOU posting at 6:52 on a Saturday morning, DirtyDawg? Why do YOU care what others are saying?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Brillohead, taking up for DirtyDawg, let me say that it all begins with the OP's initial comments in which he refers to anyone who disagrees with him as "haters". Because they disagree with him, they are a lesser person? When you begin your comments that way, you have to expect some of the same right back, don't you?

I've just reached Diamond Plus, but I agree with the folks who are getting disgusted with RCI. I have already booked a cruise for April 12, but I think this will most likely be out LAST RCI cruise as we move over to NCL (which I have never sailed before, but heard good things about), for all the same reasons listed by the disgruntled folks. I've been a loyal Royal for a very long time - but it's time to move on.:(

I am not trying to get under anybodies skin....all I am saying is if a lot of people are negative to RCL ....and yes if they want to they can...I choose to be positive...what is wrong with that? either you like a product and support it or change to something else. I choose RCL for a reason I feel for the money they have the most to offer. And no other line can come close to the amenities of their ships.

Lately it's been the amateurish management moves, the moves to start charging extra for every little thing it seems, the Chops price increase, and the assumption that they can sell more drink packages by instituting hyper-inflation level price increases on individual drinks. The product is still pretty good but the management, not so much.

I agree with this.

The ships are beautiful. The management of the line is a hot mess.

I am not trying to get under anybodies skin....all I am saying is if a lot of people are negative to RCL ....and yes if they want to they can...I choose to be positive...what is wrong with that? either you like a product and support it or change to something else. I choose RCL for a reason I feel for the money they have the most to offer. And no other line can come close to the amenities of their ships.

I certainly do understand your position and comments. My point was to say, if others disagree, don't call them "haters". They are persons like you who have been loyal but now feel that for "their money", RCL is pricing themselves out of their plans.

Edited by whitecap

Well said all around. Oh and that "Value" of the BMW can be debated too:D

So what I hear the OP saying is, "I don't care about the whole truth, I'm just going to talk about the part of the truth that I like."

I wonder at what point OP would alter that philosophy? If the MDRS was divided into four "for an up-charge" restaurants, and the only included meals were in the Windjammer, would that be OK? If rooms were only taken care of once per day, would he cheer that on? If the cost of an inside room for a seven day cruise was $2000 per person, would you just happily pay it?

We all have a point at which price increases and service cutbacks will cause us to believe that Royal isn't giving us a good value anymore. OP is obviously no where near that point yet. I'm getting close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SamFritz

It's not just Royal that's increases prices it's everything we purchase nowadays. Cell phones, cell phone plans, gas, cars, groceries, homes etc! Seems like prices will go up regardless you just have to choose if you want to pay the increase or not.

So what I hear the OP saying is, "I don't care about the whole truth, I'm just going to talk about the part of the truth that I like."

I wonder at what point OP would alter that philosophy? If the MDRS was divided into four "for an up-charge" restaurants, and the only included meals were in the Windjammer, would that be OK? If rooms were only taken care of once per day, would he cheer that on? If the cost of an inside room for a seven day cruise was $2000 per person, would you just happily pay it?

We all have a point at which price increases and service cutbacks will cause us to believe that Royal isn't giving us a good value anymore. OP is obviously no where near that point yet. I'm getting close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What services were cutback? Most of time I here people complain about getting rid of the free lobster and a mint on the pillow.

What services were cutback? Most of time I here people complain about getting rid of the free lobster and a mint on the pillow.

Again, we are new to RCL, first cruise in May. With that said, here is one of the things I have read but don't understand: You pay the premium charge of $39pp to go to Chops Grille, but once inside your told that the "best steaks" are the dry aged ones that come with an additional price of $18pp. Question: did you go to Chops for a great meal and if the answer is yes, would you settle for the lesser steak? of course not so there you are, liking walking onto a used car lot being shown the car on sale only to be shown the higher priced car. We'll find out ourselves in May if this is the case.