Overnight in Jacksonville for Fascination Cruise

kindercruiser

We're sailing on the Feb. 12, 2009 sailing of the Fascination. I want to fly in the night before. I have a reservation at the Clarion because they have a free shuttle from the airport to their hotel. I don't think they have a shuttle from the hotel to Jaxport because they said I could call a taxi. I have now been reading that taxis in Jacksonville will not take you to the pier before 12 noon for some reason.

Can anyone recommend a nice, safe hotel that is close to the airport and one that will have a shuttle to Jaxport? Thanks for any advice you can offer. :)

We're sailing on the Feb. 12, 2009 sailing of the Fascination. I want to fly in the night before. I have a reservation at the Clarion because they have a free shuttle from the airport to their hotel. I don't think they have a shuttle from the hotel to Jaxport because they said I could call a taxi. I have now been reading that taxis in Jacksonville will not take you to the pier before 12 noon for some reason.

Can anyone recommend a nice, safe hotel that is close to the airport and one that will have a shuttle to Jaxport? Thanks for any advice you can offer. :)

We stayed at the Holiday Inn near the Airport and it was wonderful!! They had a free shuttle to the cruise port. All of the airport personel stay there too.;)

We originally were looking at the marriott. They have suites hotel near the airport and have shuttle to the port if I remember right. We looked at so many. :eek: We decided to stay at Fairfield inn and suites on jacksonville beach, and make it another port day:cool: . They are only like 15 min fom port, don't know if they have shuttle, they might. Might be worth the cab ride to the beach to stay and enjoy another 'day in port' :D . Fairfield Inn is right across the street from beach and you can use the pool/tiki bar at the hotel on the beach, only 123 incl tax. Or the comfort inn suites on the beach is like 199, but is ocean view.

Will post our review after. Have fun!

The reason they will not allow taxis or shuttles into the pier area is they have to make certain others are off the ship and to eliminate additional congestion. It is my understanding that regardless if a free shuttle or taxi, you will not be able to get anywhere near that pier until noon or later.

Thanks for the hotel references everyone! :) I will check them out. I like the idea of staying at the beach, too.;)

Travelntreats, thanks for the info. I didn't consider that at all and it is good to know. :)

I do believe that folks driving to the pier on their own can get there as early as 11 am though.

We stayed at a Red Roof inn that had a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier. We arrived at the pier at about 10:30am. Not sure if the rules have changed with the larger ship, but there was no trouble getting there early back in 07. The hotel was walking distance from the Bud brewery, too.....fresh beer!

Don

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express right across the street from the entrance to the terminal.

You could walk over if you wanted to !!!!!!!

They have cruise rates..........not too expensive considering you are right accross the street.

dondonma

foxboro ma

We are hearing mixed reports about the taxi/shuttle time restrictions. Some recent reports where people have taken a taxi or shuttle and arrived at the port by 11am.

Be sure to check this thread in the FL Departure forum for a lot of great info and links.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=850690

jw:cool:

We stayed at the Spring Hill Suites by the airport for our Oct. 4 sailing. It is a very nice hotel. Our rate was $71 which was real cheap! I think most of the area is new. The hotel had plenty of space, great decor, staff, hot breakfast, etc. You can walk to Zaxby's or Longhorn to eat. They had a free shuttle to and from the airport and it would also take you within a 6 or 7 mile radius. I got it to take me to Wal-Mart the night we flew in to buy bottled water and diet mt. dew, then the next morning I went to Old Navy for lanyards and flip flops. We had to book our own shuttle to get to the terminal, and we were scheduled for a 12:00 pick up time, which is their first, but the cruise terminal was not cleared by security until late, and we weren't picked up until after 1:00.

Hi there...I will be on this cruise as well! I was looking for people on this cruise on the roll call and wasn't having much luck...

We are getting married during the cruise on Feb. 14/09 in the Bahamas!!

Have a great day!

:cool::cool:

Archived