Carnival Raised Single Rates

funone2

:confused: Just an FYI ....

Carnival just raised their singles rates across the board. Looks like I'll be looking for another cruise line to book my cruise with. I love cruising alone ... I'm a free spirit and friendly as heck so it offers me alot of opportunities to do my own thing.

I'm soooo disappointed!!!! ARGH!

:confused: Just an FYI ....

Carnival just raised their singles rates across the board. Looks like I'll be looking for another cruise line to book my cruise with. I love cruising alone ... I'm a free spirit and friendly as heck so it offers me alot of opportunities to do my own thing.

I'm soooo disappointed!!!! ARGH!

I agree that is sad to see that and thank goodness I have the one I want booked. If Carnival is going to charge like the others I will sail with the others because I don't think their product compares with RCCL, Princess, HAL or Celebrity. Obviously I like to cruise with them but for the same money my business goes elsewhere.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know which other cruise lines are still "single cruiser" friendly and not trying to rip people off by charging DOUBLE NONCOMMISSIONABLE PROCESSING FEES to single cruisers??? :mad:

I would like to know that myself I was pricing new years cruises for next year and I noticed that the rate for a 7 seven nights cruise was 799.00 pp for doubles when I changed the number of passengers from 2 to 1 the price doubled if I want t go ton this cruise it is going to cost me $1600 to go by myself that is abesolutely ridiculous:(

• 2 weeks later...

It is true, the single rates did go up, but not the same in all categories. I will be cruising solo in September on the Liberty and booked a Cat 8D cabin. I calculated the single supplement to be 157% of the two-per-cabin rate. The low deck OV or inside cabins might have gone up more because that is what many single cruises book, me, I am not part of the many. I want a balcony near the atrium and I am willing to pay for it. The taxes and fees were no more than they usually are, so this port fees going up doesn't seem to be real, at least in my case.

Take heart singles, break out of the low deck OV or inside cabins--book a balcony and live the high life!

One other note is I am Canadian, so in the end, it will be more affordable because the Canadian dollar is kicking ass right now....yes, I can brag, it has been 30+ years since we had a better dollar and I will gloat about it if I want.....*BG*

One other note is I am Canadian, so in the end, it will be more affordable because the Canadian dollar is kicking ass right now....yes, I can brag, it has been 30+ years since we had a better dollar and I will gloat about it if I want.....*BG*

Tell me about it. I'm American, just got back from a Greek vacation (16 days) and, fiscally speaking, was running on fumes in the last 4 days. The strength of the euro, ultimately means American tourists spend A LOT LESS in Europe so it does have it's downside for everyone. I'd appreciate it if the differences in all the world's currencies weren't so great. Then maybe I, too, could have come home with a fabulous piece of pricey jewelry. Oh well.

B.T.W.: Canada's going to be one of the world's next big financial powerhouses. Since someone finally found a way to separate the sand from all that oil underground, Canadian currency is only going to get stronger. I'f I were Canadian I'd be doing kartwheels.

• 2 months later...
Tell me about it. I'm American, just got back from a Greek vacation (16 days) and, fiscally speaking, was running on fumes in the last 4 days. The strength of the euro, ultimately means American tourists spend A LOT LESS in Europe so it does have it's downside for everyone. I'd appreciate it if the differences in all the world's currencies weren't so great. Then maybe I, too, could have come home with a fabulous piece of pricey jewelry. Oh well.

B.T.W.: Canada's going to be one of the world's next big financial powerhouses. Since someone finally found a way to separate the sand from all that oil underground, Canadian currency is only going to get stronger. I'f I were Canadian I'd be doing kartwheels.

Cibrian, it's a double edged sword...but our strong dollar hasn't made cruise prices drop that much. I saw prices for Princess in a direct US dollar e-mail...$837, the Canadian equivalent was still over $1000 for the same cruise. I guess they haven't got the 1 to 1 conversion rate down pat:eek: .

Saltycaptn:cool:

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
RCCL seems to have the best rates that I can find, but, not on every cruise, you have to price each sailing.

I have found RCCL AND NCL to have the best rates. I spend an avg of 10 hrs a day (roughly, could be more but I know it isn't any less) on the computer searching out cruises (I travel solo most of the time)

I have found RCCL cruises that solo rates were only $30-$40 more than having 2 people in a cabin......On NCL I have found anywhere from 0% supplement up to 200% supplement and all in between. The transatlantic cruises seem to be at 125%-160%

I have found RCCL AND NCL to have the best rates. I spend an avg of 10 hrs a day (roughly, could be more but I know it isn't any less) on the computer searching out cruises (I travel solo most of the time)

I have found RCCL cruises that solo rates were only $30-$40 more than having 2 people in a cabin......On NCL I have found anywhere from 0% supplement up to 200% supplement and all in between. The transatlantic cruises seem to be at 125%-160%

Carnival use to have some good single rates but for the most they do not anymore considering the product. As others have said there are other lines which frequently have better single rates. Basically Carnival has lost my business completely now.

• 1 month later...

Carnival rarely has singles rates that aren't 200% of their normal rate... BUT - even with that, their rates are often still lower for singles than comparable cruises on other lines. It's best to price out different cruises on different lines and compare the final prices instead of going by single supplement percentage, IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! I know it's been a very long time since your message, but have you found any cruise lines with singles rates??

Thanks

To anyone looking for decent single rates:

In 2011, I received a notice from MSC Cruises who were offering a single occupany rate that was too tempting to let go, so I booked a back to back 14 day Caribbean cruise(balcony cabin) for $130 per day. The taxes were less than $100 - also a bargain. Make sure you're on the email list from MSC.

I just booked a 7 day single cruise to Alaska on the Celebrity Century (Aug.25)

which had a double rate of $519 = $1038 single (inside). Not bad, but the $395 taxes were brutal, which they are on Alaska cruises.

Good hunting!http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon6.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I would like to know that myself I was pricing new years cruises for next year and I noticed that the rate for a 7 seven nights cruise was 799.00 pp for doubles when I changed the number of passengers from 2 to 1 the price doubled if I want t go ton this cruise it is going to cost me $1600 to go by myself that is abesolutely ridiculous:(

I can relate, to the frustration of the higher price. I am booked on the Dream for Nov. 2 and my son is going on that one. Looked into others and finally decided only way to find decent price was for smaller ships. I booked the Dec 4th Fantasy out of Charleston and sad the double rate is only $100 more. but it will be nice just to worry about me and see how it goes.

Archived