Weehawken ferry to Manhattan cruise terminal?

KyleClark

In addition, NY Waterways (the Weehawken Ferry operator) runs free buses that run up 12th avenue as far as 57th Street (peak) or 50th Street (off-peak). It's not well-suited if you have a lot of luggage, though.

Info: http://www.nywaterway.com/BusStopsSchedules.aspx

Peak: http://www.nywaterway.com/UserFiles/Files/Peak%20Bus%20Map.pdf

Off-peak: http://www.nywaterway.com/UserFiles/Files/Off_Peak%20Bus%20Map.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

We parked at Port Imperial terminal for our Bermuda cruise a couple of weeks ago. Parking was very cheap ($12 per day). Once in Manhattan, we walked to the NCL terminal (took us 10 minutes at the most). There is a jogging / walking path which you can use (larger than regular sidewalk).

We too have done it many times. In fact, we always take the ferry when going to and from the East Side piers.

Earlier this year, during Fleet Week/Op Sail, I shot the following two-part video aboard a New York Waterways ferry going from Manhattan to Weehawken. The video gives you a good idea of the short distance between the 39th Street ferry terminal and the Passenger Ship Terminal (piers 88, where the Disney Magic was berthed, and 90).

The ferry could use a good coat of paint, though.

FWIW, the cruise ship terminal and surrounding piers are on the West Side of Manhattan.

The walk from the ferry terminal to the cruise terminal is approximately a half mile...zooming or using a telephoto lens distorts perspective and makes the distance between objects appear less than it actually is.

FWIW, the cruise ship terminal and surrounding piers are on the West Side of Manhattan.

Whoops! Of course I know that. I obviously was just having a senior moment, with a sort of geographical dyslexia kicking in.:eek: (Or maybe I was just being mischievous and trying to send the out-of-towners scurrying to look for the piers over by the UN.:p)

The walk from the ferry terminal to the cruise terminal is approximately a half mile...zooming or using a telephoto lens distorts perspective and makes the distance between objects appear less than it actually is.

Nonetheless... despite my senior legs, a half mile's walk still takes me only 10 minutes. (Unless hauling heavy luggage--which I leave to others to do.)

We parked at Port Imperial terminal for our Bermuda cruise a couple of weeks ago. Parking was very cheap ($12 per day). Once in Manhattan, we walked to the NCL terminal (took us 10 minutes at the most). There is a jogging / walking path which you can use (larger than regular sidewalk).

And you had no issues with parking your car long term? I've heard various reports as to whether cars can be left for the length of the cruise. This is good to know!

We've parked in weehawken for long weekends several times, but never for a week.

One thing to be aware of is how they count parking"days" - it's not by 24-hour periods but by calendar days (actual transition from one day to the next is around 4 AM). So for my 3-day weekend example, arriving on Friday afternoon and leaving on Sunday morning is 3 days even though it was less than 48 hours. I conclude the same applies for longer periods like a week.

Archived