Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six ??

LetsGoToDisney

We are thinking of staying here for the night pre-cruise. I see they have different buildings to choose from.

Any input as to which is the better building and room?

Any input on taxi prices to the pier/airport?

Taxi to the pier is probably around $10. Airport about $15.

Stayed here several years ago pre-cruise.

My only complaint is that you have to walk outside to get to the different bldgs.

Of course, we got drenched in a downpour.

The restaurant across the property was terrific.

My sister and her hubby went there several months ago and said it was still excellent.

Barb

We are thinking of staying here for the night pre-cruise. I see they have different buildings to choose from.

Stayed here post cruise. They upgraded us to a Junior Suite in the Tower. Beautiful - huge room... Great wrap balcony! We have booked this hotel for an upcoming cruise & have chosen the pool view two story building this go round... Saving money. :-) there isn't much within walking distance - so cabs are waiting all the time. They have a beautiful pool & a nice outdoor restaurant with sandwiches & the like. We ate breakfast in their cafe.... Quite expensive, just ok. Taxi to Port Everglades was around $12. Easy peasy tho.

We've stayed there many times. Definitely get a room in the tower. It's much easier with all the luggage plus you get a nice balcony.

There is an Avis in the hotel too so that made it very convenient. We would rent a car at the airport the day before and then on the morning of the cruise just return the car right there and then hop on the free Avis shuttle to Port Everglades which only takes a few minutes to get to.

I also like the big pool there with the waterfall that you can go under. It feels great if you have neck pain like I do.

We got a room there for two nights trough priceline (comming from Europe we want to get rid of some jetlag before the cruise). Got a confirmed upgrade to a towerroom for $40 and have requested a view towards the cruiseport :)

Do all towerrooms have balcony?

We stayed there last year in a tower room with almost the same view as Kcjarvis. It was a beautiful room. Grounds were beautiful. My only "complaint" was most everything was on the other side of the bridge and not easily to walk to. Cabs are only in the $10-15 range both from the airport and to the cruise pier. There is a water taxi stop there but I believe it is still closed for repair. In a couple weeks we will be staying at the Hilton Marina simply to be different. It is on the opposite side of the bridge from the Hyatt Pier 66. There is much more on the Hilton Marina side within walking distance IMO. We booked a pier facing tower room again. There is a water taxi stop at the Hilton also. However, you cannot go wrong with the Hyatt. Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

I will counter all the people who suggest a tower room.

We are usually able to snag a pool view or marina view for $99-$149/night. No elevators to deal with, and the views are really nice. You can then go up to the top of the tower to the observation area and watch the cruise ships leaves the night before your cruise. This is one of our favorite things to do!

As far as being across the bridge and not in walking distance- guess it depends on the person. We enjoyed walking across the bridge to Starbucks and to get bagels...and easy 10-15 minute walk!

We stayed there pre-cruise over the last few years. Never had the tower so I can't comment but the place is clean, pool area is beautiful and we were able to get an early check in. Great location as you're right near the port. They offer a shuttle for about $8 each.

I will disagree with the cost of a taxi. Runs about $20 without a tip.

We stayed there pre-cruise over the last few years. Never had the tower so I can't comment but the place is clean, pool area is beautiful and we were able to get an early check in. Great location as you're right near the port. They offer a shuttle for about $8 each.

I will disagree with the cost of a taxi. Runs about $20 without a tip.

I called and asked if they had a shuttle to the port and they told me they didn't