Orlando/Port Canaveral Hotel Decision

wendynat

Mini background - next summer is our 20th anniversary, and we've decided to head to Orlando for a few days prior to a southern Caribbean cruise on the Valor out of Port Canaveral. I've narrowed down the hotel choice in Orlando to two:

Drury Inn and Suites vs Embassy Suites Jamaican Court.

Both have free parking, free breakfast, evening reception, and suites with private bedrooms and separate living room with sleeper sofa (our 14 year old is coming with us).

Embassy Suites is a slightly better location and has omelets, but Drury Inn is rated #2 overall in Orlando on Tripadvisor and has a better evening reception.

Any advice?

Also, the day before the cruise we're heading to Cape Canaveral to tour Kennedy Space Center and will stay in a hotel near there or the port. Any favorites that have a private bedroom/living room?

Mini background - next summer is our 20th anniversary, and we've decided to head to Orlando for a few days prior to a southern Caribbean cruise on the Valor out of Port Canaveral. I've narrowed down the hotel choice in Orlando to two:

Drury Inn and Suites vs Embassy Suites Jamaican Court.

Both have free parking, free breakfast, evening reception, and suites with private bedrooms and separate living room with sleeper sofa (our 14 year old is coming with us).

Embassy Suites is a slightly better location and has omelets, but Drury Inn is rated #2 overall in Orlando on Tripadvisor and has a better evening reception.

Any advice?

Also, the day before the cruise we're heading to Cape Canaveral to tour Kennedy Space Center and will stay in a hotel near there or the port. Any favorites that have a private bedroom/living room?

Sorry I can't help with the Orlando hotels but I believe the Residence Inn in Canaveral would fit your needs. Great hotel with excellent reviews on Trip Advisor......and is only about a mile from the port.

Have a great cruise!!

When we cruised out of Port Canaveral in December 2013, we stayed at the "Resort at the Port", recommended by our travel agent, and our room was like a suite, and had a living room/kitchen area with a pull out couch, plus it had a separate bedroom with a big spa tub in the room! I'm not sure if this is how all of the rooms are at the resort, but, we had two families in the room and had plenty of room (and privacy).

We stayed at the Residence Inn in Pt Canaveral. We had a suite with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room and kitchen(although for one night we had no need for the kitchen). It is close to the ships and has a complimentary breakfast. You can park your car there for $6/nt. Taxi to the ship was $15. They have a shuttle to the ship for $8/pp but for 3 of us it was cheaper to get a taxi.