Courtesy Hold - how to pay deposit on RCC website

kazda

Hi

I made a courtesy hold on the RCC website last night which is to expire tonight.

I have logged into My Cruises and the reservation is there as being On Hold, but I can't find where to make the deposit payment online.

I booked via the RCC website in Australia and their reservation centre is only staffed Monday to Friday, so I can't ring them to make the payment.

I have looked everywhere in the My Cruises section and can't find any section to make a payment, but maybe I'm not looking in the correct section.

Any help on how to pay online would be appreciated otherwise I will loose my booking, and I really want the cabin I have reserved as it is next to a friend that has already booked and paid.

The email I was sent by RCC confirming my courtesy hold booking had no information or link in which to make payment.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Hi

I made a courtesy hold on the RCC website last night which is to expire tonight.

I have logged into My Cruises and the reservation is there as being On Hold, but I can't find where to make the deposit payment online.

I booked via the RCC website in Australia and their reservation centre is only staffed Monday to Friday, so I can't ring them to make the payment.

I have looked everywhere in the My Cruises section and can't find any section to make a payment, but maybe I'm not looking in the correct section.

Any help on how to pay online would be appreciated otherwise I will loose my booking, and I really want the cabin I have reserved as it is next to a friend that has already booked and paid.

The email I was sent by RCC confirming my courtesy hold booking had no information or link in which to make payment.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Go into my cruises, select the cruise, then go to the payments tab (across the top) then select the green button on the right hand side 'make a payment'.:)

Thanks for your reply, but when I login to my cruises and select the cruise, all I have across the top is: Overview, PreCruise Planner, cruise Documentation, cruise details, and tips and reminders. (No payments tab)

Thanks for your reply, but when I login to my cruises and select the cruise, all I have across the top is: Overview, PreCruise Planner, cruise Documentation, cruise details, and tips and reminders. (No payments tab)

It sounds as if your booking is marked as being made with a travel agent. I don't know if this is normal for your region. Here in the US, if we use a travel agent, we cannot make payments using the website, i.e., we lose the "Payment" tab on our cruise information. You may have no other option but to call Royal when you can.

thanks Clarea for your reply,

when I logged into ' My Cruises' this morning (which is now 36 hours after I made the Courtsey Hold, the booking is still there),

so I'm going to ring RCC when they open in 2 hours and make the payment and also ask why I couldn't make payment online when I booked via their website.

thanks Clarea for your reply,

when I logged into ' My Cruises' this morning (which is now 36 hours after I made the Courtsey Hold, the booking is still there),

so I'm going to ring RCC when they open in 2 hours and make the payment and also ask why I couldn't make payment online when I booked via their website.

Just be prepared, as it came as a shock to us, if you are paying by credit card you may get slugged with a 3% international transaction fee! This isn't from Royal but from your bank. We booked directly for the first time for this cruise, but will be going back thru our TA for the next one just to avoid this fee :cool:

But...don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy your trip. I know we will be.

Just be prepared, as it came as a shock to us, if you are paying by credit card you may get slugged with a 3% international transaction fee! This isn't from Royal but from your bank. We booked directly for the first time for this cruise, but will be going back thru our TA for the next one just to avoid this fee :cool:

But...don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy your trip. I know we will be.

I hope you sorted it out Kazda, they do usually hold it for 48 hours.

KAYTWO - I've found it better to book directly with RCCL than through a TA, final payment date is much later, a smaller deposit is required, and you can more easily get price drops and make updates to your booking. The Australian office will give you bank account details you can deposit funds directly into (online or in person) to avoid any fees, and you can do this in a lump sum or make smaller payments, as long as the total is made by final payment date.

• 1 month later...

I hope you got it all sorted Kazda.

I had the same issues early this morning - 6am to be exact. I had two cabins on 24 hour hold with only an hour or so to go before I thought they would be released.

RCCL wouldn't let me pay the deposits...just kept saying that those reservations were currently being 'modified' and to try again later :mad:

I even tried ringing the states to sort it out and pay but kept getting diverted to the Aus office which didn't open for a few hours.

It eventually allowed me to pay the two deposits and secure the cabins next to each other. I wanted AFT cabins so these are in short supply making me even more nervous!

Arrgghhh relief!!! I hope you were successful too :)

Archived