Alternative dining on Radiance

Any members who have travelled on Radiance of the Seas since her refit last November, might be able to answer my question.

Are the new dining options like Chops Grill, Park Cafe, Chef's Table etc,

i) alternative to the Main Dining Room - i.e at no extra cost to passengers,

or

ii) additional to the Main Dining Room in that an extra charge is made beyond what is already paid for in your fare?

In my opinion, when the original fare is paid upfront, it includes three meals a day, and it should not matter where that meal is taken, Bistro, Cafe, Main Dining Room, or whatever takes your fancy at the time.

If you want something a little more special, such as a romantic dinner for two, say, then maybe that comes at an extra price.

Can anyone advise what is happening at these new venues on Radiance, and likely to be the case also on other Royal Caribbean ships, as they go in for their refit.

Thanks for any help,

Any members who have travelled on Radiance of the Seas since her refit last November, might be able to answer my question.

Are the new dining options like Chops Grill, Park Cafe, Chef's Table etc,

i) alternative to the Main Dining Room - i.e at no extra cost to passengers,

or

ii) additional to the Main Dining Room in that an extra charge is made beyond what is already paid for in your fare?

In my opinion, when the original fare is paid upfront, it includes three meals a day, and it should not matter where that meal is taken, Bistro, Cafe, Main Dining Room, or whatever takes your fancy at the time.

If you want something a little more special, such as a romantic dinner for two, say, then maybe that comes at an extra price.

Can anyone advise what is happening at these new venues on Radiance, and likely to be the case also on other Royal Caribbean ships, as they go in for their refit.

Thanks for any help,

G'day. we are on Radiance now - just arrived at Adelaide on bottom end cruise - fabulous is all i can say.

Price inclusive meals include Main Dining Room and Windjammer only but both are fantastic. Haven't been to Boardwalk Dog House and Park Cafe yet but believe they are included (I'll stand corrected if i am wrong). No complaint from us as to the standard of the other two.

Chops, Samba Grill, Rita's Cantina, Giovanni's, Izumi and Chefs Table are extra charge either individually or as packages ($70-$120) and the food is great and copiuous except at Rita's (very cheap $3-$6) but the view and drinks are huge in size.

Real coffee at Cafe Lattiudes is $3.30

Hope this helps a bit.

Hi,

We were onboard in January; and I did get the package including the chef table. We were looking initially at the chef table and it wasn't much more for the whole package, so we were at an "alternative" dinning restaurant every 2nd or 3rd night.

Each one was very impressive; and yes they do have a "cover charge"

On their own, sometimes it feels like a bit much to pay $30 cover charge each when you have already paid for dinner in your fare; but with the package ($120 for all five including the chef table) it was pretty good value.

It also meant we actually got out of the fantastic main dining room which we always found hard to do on previous cruises. (as it is so nice and no extra charge we would always end up back there!) This time we made reservations at the start of the cruise and had a special night out booked and planned etc.

So that was great - I'd do it again.

The chef table on it's own was $90 from memory; it included wines and 5 courses - table of 14 only; and wine waiter; chef and waiter. It went for over three hours and was a real treat. Very very nice! And a free cookbook signed by the chef.

G'day. we are on Radiance now - just arrived at Adelaide on bottom end cruise - fabulous is all i can say.

Price inclusive meals include Main Dining Room and Windjammer only but both are fantastic. Haven't been to Boardwalk Dog House and Park Cafe yet but believe they are included (I'll stand corrected if i am wrong). No complaint from us as to the standard of the other two.

Chops, Samba Grill, Rita's Cantina, Giovanni's, Izumi and Chefs Table are extra charge either individually or as packages ($70-$120) and the food is great and copiuous except at Rita's (very cheap $3-$6) but the view and drinks are huge in size.

Real coffee at Cafe Lattiudes is $3.30

Hope this helps a bit.

Just to confirm: Boardwalk Dog House and Park Cafe are both inclusive of fare.

Also we got the soft drink package which i think is a waste of money as there are plenty of free soft drink dispensers and prefilled glasses of iced tea and Lemon Squash everywhere.

Haha Sandy .. it's the Boardwalk Doghouse and they make all types of hotdogs. I never got a chance to sample one but they were popular, especially with the overseas passengers :p :)

Thanks Moira, I thought it would be for hot dogs - sadly, I have never developed a liking for them. I prefer hamburgers WITH BEETROOT and NO PICKLES. :D:D:D Not that I ever have them while cruising - too much other proper food to eat, lol.

The great thing about the Windjammer is that they have a make your own Hamburger Station :D Complete with fries and different types of buns!

And if you don't like the ingredients on offer, you can pop over to the Salad Station for the lettuce, tomato and beetroot :) And the Bread Station too!! (Or maybe in the reverse order as otherwise it would be a bit messy ... lol).

Oh yes, there is a separate Sauce Station as well!!!!!

I didn't try the hamburgers either .. as you say, too many other nice things to sample :D

The Boardwalk Dog House is next to the Windjammer. BTW if you book the Chefs Table package that includes all the speciality restaurants, you can only visit each one once. If you want to repeat the same restaurant, you just pay the covercharge - eg Chops Grille is $30 and well worth it. Our roll call is having a Gala Dinner there on the 2nd last day.

The Boardwalk Dog House is next to the Windjammer. BTW if you book the Chefs Table package that includes all the speciality restaurants, you can only visit each one once. If you want to repeat the same restaurant, you just pay the covercharge - eg Chops Grille is $30 and well worth it. Our roll call is having a Gala Dinner there on the 2nd last day.

Cassamanda, can you tell me if the price for the package was the same onboard as online? If it is the same price I believe it would best to book once onboard due to the Aus$ being better than the US$.:confused:

Cassamanda, can you tell me if the price for the package was the same onboard as online? If it is the same price I believe it would best to book once onboard due to the Aus$ being better than the US$.:confused:

Agree,taking in to account the conversion. Onboard prices are as follows (USD):

Chefs Table $95pp or $120pp for full package of Chefs Table plus 4 speciality restaraunts.

Chops Grille $30pp

Samba Grill $25pp

Giovannis $20pp

Izumi $5 pp plus A La Carte Dining pricing

Rita's Cantina (not included in package) $3 pp plus cheap A La Carte prices.

Note that everything you buy is charged - there is no cash onboard except to play the pokies (USD)

Archived