Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Mediterranean - Eastern & Western > Spain Ports

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Spain Ports Barcelona, Ibiza, Mallorca, Seville

Old July 9th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Malaga airport to Port of Malaga

Looking at organising myself (instead of the usual waiting around) - how much would a taxi cost - is it a set price (Saturday morning) and how long is the journey please. If I book thru RCCL I get transfers included, and what happens on the return at Malaga if the flight is say mid afternoon - do they offer excursions please? Hope to be on the Adventure on 31/7/10.
Thank you.

Old July 23rd, 2010, 07:26 AM
Cool Cruiser

bump

Old July 25th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

The international Malaga airport is only 15 minutes away from the port and has a direct access via the motorway. Both the Malaga railway station Maria Zambrano and the main Malaga bus station are situated 1,5 kilometres from the port.

http://www.malagaweb.com/malaga-cruise-port.php

Old August 1st, 2010, 10:20 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Last summer they charged €25.

Old September 12th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by salami View Post
Looking at organising myself (instead of the usual waiting around) - how much would a taxi cost - is it a set price (Saturday morning) and how long is the journey please. If I book thru RCCL I get transfers included, and what happens on the return at Malaga if the flight is say mid afternoon - do they offer excursions please? Hope to be on the Adventure on 31/7/10.
Thank you.
Hi,

Did you take a taxi or public transport.We are thinking of cruising out of Malaga and were wondering about taxi fares ?

Last edited by UK Cruiser2; September 12th, 2010 at 01:08 PM.

Ad Sponsored By
Old September 13th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Cruiser2 View Post
Hi,

Did you take a taxi or public transport.We are thinking of cruising out of Malaga and were wondering about taxi fares ?
If you want to organize your trip yourself, from Newcastle ,take Easy jet,

train from airport,1.5 e or a taxi@20 euros, the RCCL Terminal is a good 1000m from end of the harbour .
suggestion, fly out the night before,stay in a hotel in the city,close to the train station, Barcelo?

Old September 13th, 2010, 04:29 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

We did this recently. It's around 25 euros and there are plenty of taxis, both at the airport and at the port. It's a quick and simple journey and I wouldn't bother thinking about doing it any other way. The ship's transfer from Royal Caribbean was $35 one way

Last edited by Bobal; September 13th, 2010 at 04:30 AM.

Old September 15th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

We were on the same cruise as Anne ( bobal ), Hello Anne, doesn't it seem a long time ago now?

We are a couple and this is what we did. Took the train to Malaga ( Avenida Central station ,end of the line, 3 Euros in total) and then a taxi, 10 Euros. If travelling with a group of 4 I would take a taxi direct from the airport to the port.
Downside- there wasn't a taxi rank outside the train station, had to walk across to the El Corte Ingles department store, next to the Correos, where there were plenty of taxis.

There is a bus that takes you from outside the airport terminal to near the port and inside the port gates there is another bus for 2 Euros ,single journey, to take you to the Port Terminal.
Will be back in November and going to try this
Take care of the cents and the Euros will take care of themselves

Old September 24th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb1953 View Post
We were on the same cruise as Anne ( bobal ), Hello Anne, doesn't it seem a long time ago now?

We are a couple and this is what we did. Took the train to Malaga ( Avenida Central station ,end of the line, 3 Euros in total) and then a taxi, 10 Euros. If travelling with a group of 4 I would take a taxi direct from the airport to the port.
Downside- there wasn't a taxi rank outside the train station, had to walk across to the El Corte Ingles department store, next to the Correos, where there were plenty of taxis.

There is a bus that takes you from outside the airport terminal to near the port and inside the port gates there is another bus for 2 Euros ,single journey, to take you to the Port Terminal.
Will be back in November and going to try this
Take care of the cents and the Euros will take care of themselves
hi Heather.
when did the bus run from the port terminal to port gates, we where there early June

Old October 10th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

hey there

i'm also traveling to the port of malaga in 12 days. and i would like to know the cheapest way to the port.

and i was wondering if you guys can explain better about going with the bus. what is the number bus or the name of the bus ?
what stop do you have to come out to take the next bus?
and what is the name of that bus as well.
i will be cruising on the adventure of .

hopw i can get a answer before i go

thanx in advance

Old October 14th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by julaikam View Post
hey there

i'm also traveling to the port of malaga in 12 days. and i would like to know the cheapest way to the port.

and i was wondering if you guys can explain better about going with the bus. what is the number bus or the name of the bus ?
what stop do you have to come out to take the next bus?
and what is the name of that bus as well.
i will be cruising on the adventure of .

hopw i can get a answer before i go

thanx in advance
Take the train from Airport to Centre. 1.5e
directions clearly marked to station, trains every 30 mins platform nearest airport terminal

from station either 8-10 taxi to port or 1 e on circular bus outside no2 outside Malaga station exit to pier entrance?

Last edited by Missus Makkem; October 14th, 2010 at 10:10 AM.