New England Cruise Mid-Sept 2009-is that a good time to cruise here?

pattycakey

Our daughter is getting married next Sept 12 and we are planning to go on a cruise to "unwind" after the wedding. I have heard the New England Cruises are very worthwhile (we are from SF, CA). Is mid September a good time to take these cruises? Any cruise lines that you would recommend that do a good job? Are there ones that either originate or end in New York.

Our other cruise destination is Alaska but that seems too late in the season to cruise there--anyone had experience cruising during that time?:cool:

Thanks

Patty,

I'm a Boston area resident and can tell you that Sept is a lovely time to visit. Usually still warm (70's during the day, cooler at night) and frequently clear and sunny. The ocean is still warm enough to swim in those areas where the Gulf Stream comes through! Sounds like a great way to recover from a wedding! I've never done one of these cruises, so I can't speak to the different lines or between Boston and NYC ports --- though, of course, I'd tell you that Boston always seems to be an easier city to get around and more pleasant (but then again, I'm baised!).

Lynne

We just got off a 7-day Princess cruise round-trip NYC (stopping in Halifax (Nova Scotia), Saint John (New Brunswick), Bar Harbor (Maine), Boston, and Newport (RI)). A great cruise. Weather was nice overall, but going in mid-September you probably won't see much changing-leaf color (we were out the first week in October and it was still a little early this year). It was very port-intensive, though (only one sea day).

I'm not sure you're going to find much availability that late in Alaska, and the weather is pretty iffy by then.

I have a small group of family/friends on the Carnival Triumph next Sept 26th.

A travel agent friend told me it was a good choice of week for better weather and hope of color change.. Great rates and ship board credit so we decided that was it..Wanna join us

Good luck with the wedding..and congrats.

Archived