Quantum

Early April for C&A members and April 18th to general public from what I've heard.

April 18th is the date bookings for Caribbean sailings to open. I may be wrong but I don't think they will open booking on the same date for an inaugural sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by whit53

But does anybody even know / Care what the ship looks like or where it will be home ported?

I still book cruises for the itinerary, # of days, ease of travel to ship, etc, etc...

One of the reasons I have not been on the Oasis yet....

Edited by B-52

But does anybody even know / Care what the ship looks like or where it will be home ported?

I still book cruises for the itinerary, # of days, ease of travel to ship, etc, etc...

The Oasis class ships are the destination. Any port stops are an extra bonus.

Any one have any info when RC will start taking reservations for the Quantum. Thanks:)

Before they can begin taking reservations they will need to release some basic information about where the ship will be berthed, what her itineraries will include, and when she will begin sailing. Without at least those basic pieces of the puzzle, it is hard to understand how anyone could put down money on a future cruise on a ship which has so many unknowns about her :)

I have not seen any official information on this from Royal Caribbean. I have however heard much speculation about where it will be homeported, what it will look like, where it will sail to, and what features will be built into the ship.

The only official info I have seen is that the first steel has been cut and who the godmother of the ship is.

Aw, c'mon B-52, are you telling me that if they homeport Quantum of the Seas in BAYONNE, one hour from your home, you will hesitate for a second to book a cruise on her?

Early April for C&A members and April 18th to general public from what I've heard.

Unless there's a huge media blitz of info in the next 4-6 weeks I can't see April happening. I know I knew a fair bit about the Oasis before we booked the inaugural sailing... A heck of a lot mor than we know about Q that's for sure lol

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

But since the itinerary, # of days, and where you will have to travel to meet the ship are still unknown, they need to provide more such basic information before they can open the books. Some speculate that the ship will sail from Southhampton, UK and if so, it would certainly matter to many in the US and elsewhere who might want to include that information when deciding whether or not to book.

The Project Sunshine ships are being built in the Meyer Werft Shipyard in Papenburg Germany. Based on their web site, the first ship is scheduled to be completed sometime in October 2014 and the second in "spring 2015." It is reasonable to believe that RCCL will announce passenger sailing dates/rates etc. when they have a more definite date to expect the ships to be delivered.

• 1 year later...