Sydney Airport to Circular Quay

JEMS

I think I read somewhere on CC that there are 2 companies in Sydney using towncars in their business name. One had a good reputation and the other was a dud. We just take the bus and train but only ever have hand luggage so no big deal and we also fly up to Sydney very very early in case of any flight cancellations so always have many hours to fill in before we can board the ship. Sometimes we go up the night before and that puts the pressure off. 6 people with 10 suitcases will be hard going, I suggest you re asses if you really do need all that luggage. On cruises out of Aust you will find the clothing very relaxed. Even formal nights are not as "formal" as cruises we have taken in the US.

There are two Towncars, one is .com and the other is .com.au - You want the towncars.com with the black and yellow header. They do not ask for payment in advance, just tell you how much it is so that you have the amount ready. I have had excellent service from them and I have used them every time I fly into Sydney. The staff are marvellous and their cars spotless. The one time our plane was late, they waited for us.

A few times I have used a cab it has cost cloder to $50...which is why I nowadays pre book a Limo for about the same cost. http://www.towncars.com

Great tip on http://www.towncars.com Flipper. As you say only a few dollars more than a taxi. I'm going to Melbourne again this weekend and the quote is $75. I paid $65 in a taxi earlier this week - and the driver had horrid BO lol

Have you found a similar company for our arrival in AKL? Will have to look into that.

Cheers

Ando

Great tip on http://www.towncars.com Flipper. As you say only a few dollars more than a taxi. I'm going to Melbourne again this weekend and the quote is $75. I paid $65 in a taxi earlier this week - and the driver had horrid BO lol

Have you found a similar company for our arrival in AKL? Will have to look into that.

Cheers

Ando

Hi Ando

Last two times I went to Melbourne I snared one of the illegal touts. Limo travel at guaranteed same price as taxi....and the driver spoke English:D

There was one time when I actually had to tell the driver (using sign language) how to get to the MCG !

Looked up a pre booked taxi/limo place for Auk...best quote was about NZ$80...decided to hire a people mover (plenty of room for luggage), park at hotel overnight (booked NZ$25) and then use all next day. Car hire cost is NZ$126...Even cheaper if I get a smaller car and let BIL handle the bags. Might even keep it an extra night so I have transport to the dock. I can then return it to the city depot and they will drive me back to the ship. Ace.

Cheers

Edited by Flipper133

I have booked with this company.

According to Wastegirl they don't ask money in advance.

Well they have asked me to pay in advance with credir card plus 5.5% surcharge.

I am so confuse about this....

Should I pay them?

Thank you very much in advance.

Should I pay them?

Refer to Posting by Elise (Wastegirl).

Confusion is because there are two competing companies.

The only one I have used, and endorse, are at http://www.Towncars.com (without the au suffix)

They have never asked me for prepayment.

Last time I used them (Feb this year) I was actually met by the owner (in a nice black mercedes thank you very much). During our conversation he told me about some issues they had with the competing company.

Please check that your booking is with the company with yellow and black on their web site.

cheers

Should I pay them?

Just made a booking with Towncars.com for transport from Sydney airport to circular quay did not pay in advance

Received confirmation email straight away and it did say a 5.5% charge for credit card payment in the car also states payment on pick up $55 good value I feel

I have double check the website. It is same website towncars.com with the black and yellow header.

May be they don't know me thats why they asking money in advance.

I will think about it more.

Thanks

Kharvavad - just a thought, your header doesn't tell me, are you possibly not from Australia. This could be the problem, the rest of us that are not receiving a request for prepayment all seem to live in Australia (please correct me if I am wrong). Maybe overseas visitors are requested to pre-pay because their arrival in Sydney is not as cut and dried as a local.

If you are concerned, I can thoroughly recommend Towncars.com (without the au ;) and the black & yellow header), I have used them 4 or 5 times now and never been let down - the only thing we like to do is make sure our pick up time is not the same as our landing time, for local flights I like at least half an hour (would be more for international) to get off the plane, pick up baggage, go to the loo, etc.

Kharvavad - just a thought, your header doesn't tell me, are you possibly not from Australia. This could be the problem, the rest of us that are not receiving a request for prepayment all seem to live in Australia (please correct me if I am wrong). Maybe overseas visitors are requested to pre-pay because their arrival in Sydney is not as cut and dried as a local.

If you are concerned, I can thoroughly recommend Towncars.com (without the au ;) and the black & yellow header), I have used them 4 or 5 times now and never been let down - the only thing we like to do is make sure our pick up time is not the same as our landing time, for local flights I like at least half an hour (would be more for international) to get off the plane, pick up baggage, go to the loo, etc.

Thank you Wastegirl.

I am from USA. I was just telling my husband that maybe they are asking us to pay because we are not from Australia.

It is a same website as you describe. Their phone numbers also match with website.

I will call them and explaine them. I have to talk to them anyway when I make payment.