never been on a cruise before

tomboy1

Hi I ah age been wanting to cruise for a few years and my husband was nt keen, however I suffered a massive brain haemorrhage when on holiday in Florida last October , and I required 2 major brain surgeries.

We have booked a 14 day med cruise with Celebrity departing Southampton 7th September.

As you can imagine , I am very anxious about this great unknown, and it appears to be a minefield.

I see that in the cabins there is not even an iron or board provided, can anyone please give me some tips?

Also what drinks are included as standard please?

Thanks in advance and please excuse any typos, life is very difficult for me at the minute, but hey it's LIFE

Hx

Irons and boards are in the laundry room - if there is a laundry room. Re drinks, different lines have different free drinks. Alcohol is never free.

DON

have never been on a cruise but would love to do one,do not want a large ship,just a few hundred at most with romance in mind and a bit of sightseeing,has to be warm as well,do not want a budget ship nor the most expensive but one at the top end of the range,any suggestions ?thank you

Have a look at MSC Yacht Club. This is a 'ship within a ship' concept - the ship itself is large with over 4,000 passengers but the Yacht Club (which has its own restaurant, bars, pools and lounge) is only 69 cabins.

We did the East Mediterranean itinerary on the MSC Preziosa last month cruising in Yacht Club and we found it the perfect blend of big ship conveniences with small ship luxuries. I have a review thread and a blog in my signature. The Yacht Club never felt crowded or busy - it was luxurious, serene and comfortable. I would cruise that way again in a heartbeat.

Have a look at MSC Yacht Club. This is a 'ship within a ship' concept - the ship itself is large with over 4,000 passengers but the Yacht Club (which has its own restaurant, bars, pools and lounge) is only 69 cabins.

We did the East Mediterranean itinerary on the MSC Preziosa last month cruising in Yacht Club and we found it the perfect blend of big ship conveniences with small ship luxuries. I have a review thread and a blog in my signature. The Yacht Club never felt crowded or busy - it was luxurious, serene and comfortable. I would cruise that way again in a heartbeat.

Wow interesting concept to look at

I might google it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do feel for the OP. The ship I want the most is not doing the route I want the most at any time I can get holidays off to get there. And when I search and find the perfect combination, I would have to sell my house and car and so a side deal with the Devil to get the cash to go.

All travel involves some level of putting up with some hassle to get the to the good stuff and cruises are no different. Narrow down your dream to the element which really need to happen to get the vacation you want and can afford, they stay flexible on the rest.

PS: Enjoy the Oasis of the Seas.

Later,

M