What to do in Cozumel if it is raining?

baobaocruise

We are going to Cozumel next Tue. I just checked the weather. It seems that it is going to scatter shower (60% chance) when we are Cozumel. What can we do if the weather is not good for beach? Our group has both grandparents and young kids 6-7. Any suggestion?

We are going to Cozumel next Tue. I just checked the weather. It seems that it is going to scatter shower (60% chance) when we are Cozumel. What can we do if the weather is not good for beach? Our group has both grandparents and young kids 6-7. Any suggestion?

From what I've seen of Cozumel, all tours and activities are out doors. Take a look at this link (http://www.cozumel-tours.com/) which shows 10 tours, all out doors. All the other what to do in Cozumel sites I've seen are the same.

Other than shopping, the only indoor activity I can think of is this: http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/CozumelCookingClasses.html

Not sure how large a group Josefina and her kitchen can handle.

As long as it's not a thunder storm with lightening, you can pretty much do anything.

The day I went to Chankanaab it was raining, still did the dolphin thing, still did the sea lion show and snorkeling.

I've also dove in CZM while raining. Personally if it's raining I would rather be doing water sports...

Also, please note that it's not uncommon to have a morning shower or after noon rain, doesn't mean it's going to rain ALL day. Rain moves in fast and moves out fast... unless there is a tropical depression around of course. ;)

We have been to Coz a couple of times when it was raining and too windy to hit the beaches. If it is only wind you can grab a taxi to Chen Rio and still make a beach day of it, but driving rain is only good for shopping and barhopping.

We just returned from our Dream cruise and it was very windy when we got to Cozumel. We had planned to go to the Chankanaab National Park snorkeling and luckily had not booked any excursions so we had to come up with another plan. We caught the taxi right outside the pier for $7 and asked him to take us downtown to the museum. The Museum is a nice introduction to the culture but it is very dark and it was hard for me to read some of the exhibits. Probably wouldn't bother someone younger though. After the Museum we walked around the area but since it was so windy we asked a resident where to eat and he recommended Palmeras Restaurant. If you go there, order the Guacamole. It was wonderful and enough for a meal.

Archived