Behaving Badly on the Getaway

NYGirl1002

Yes like the previous poster said, that is the roof of the Waterfront deck right in front of him that sticks way out beyond his own balcony. He could have easily dropped right down and gotten himself a drink. He's still an idiot though for sitting there like that, and I'm not condoning what he did, but there is no real danger.

Edited by LrgPizza

Stupid, yes. But the guy's not in any real danger of falling overboard. The deck extends out beyond the rail a couple of feet, then there's the rooftop.

Dumb, against the rules, yes. But not significant danger.

He might not be in danger, but do agree he's dumb. Guys like that deserve to be on the "No Sail" list.:eek:

People have been known to break something when they fall. I'm sure his traveling partners wouldn't be happy because he needed to leave the ship to have surgery to fix a broken ankle, back, or neck.

In the circumstances above: If you were cruising with him, would you sail away without him?

As was posted on the other threads about this, he could step off of there and drop about 2-3 feet and walk away. It's not the smartest move in the world, but not very dangerous.

As for telling NCL, this cruise was over two weeks ago I think, so he's home enjoying his return.

People have been known to break something when they fall. I'm sure his traveling partners wouldn't be happy because he needed to leave the ship to have surgery to fix a broken ankle, back, or neck.

In the circumstances above: If you were cruising with him, would you sail away without him?

Yes, I would. Especially if he got a knock on his door from Security saying, "Pack up fella, you're outa here."

Anyway, I hope that those who sail with me, wouldn't be so dumb.

• 2 weeks later...

#CantFixStupid

The first guy could have fallen, bounced and still fell onto the pavement or in the water. And if he hit the promenade he could have hurt someone else, which we be more my concern. The welfare of the willfully stupid isn't of interest to me.

As for the woman, people like that make me wish they'd fall, because if they go through the rest of life with that type of disregard they're a danger to others as well as to themselves. That's a Darwin Award candidate right there.