Figuring out what my Cove Balcony is underneath

Hey Tina

Well I appreciate that, but I guess I just don't get it. Because lets's say I find a room, and then click on Lobby, I am able to sort of see what could be above the room dependent on me remembering it's approximate location.

Is there not a more precise way?

Try this

Search the web for carnival magic cabins to avoid.

I know it doesn't pertain to you but I always try to book a cabin that has cabins above and below me.

I think noise is going to be hard to avoid with the lobby above you.

Edited by Tutontow

On the Magic you will either have the Magic Lobby, Nothern Lights Dinning Room, and the Galley located above the Cove Balcony cabins. What is above your particular cabin? It depends on where your cabin is at. Is it towards the forward part of the ship? The middle of the ship? Or towards the back of the ship?

Edited by Eng23

Hey Tina-

Try this web site http://www.cruisedeckplans.com

There is a feature where you can drag the decks beside each other for a comparison. What is quicker is to use the elevators as a guide. They do not move from deck to deck. For example if you are 5 cabins up from the mid ship elevators you can then go to the deck above and tell what is right above you. Fairly easy and a great way to spend some time cruising without actually being on the ship!!

Try this

Search the web for carnival magic cabins to avoid.

I know it doesn't pertain to you but I always try to book a cabin that has cabins above and below me.

I think noise is going to be hard to avoid with the lobby above you.

Thanks, I didn't even think to google that but I bet i'll get some good information! From my (limited) research it sounds like being below the galley is worse than being under the lobby, and it sort of makes sense. I hope its accurate information.

What cabin?

Don't have one yet. I put 2309 on hold for 24 hours.

On the Magic you will either have the Magic Lobby, Nothern Lights Dinning Room, and the Galley located above the Cove Balcony cabins. what is above your particular cabin? It depends on where your cabin is at. Is it towards the forward part of the ship? The middle of the ship? Or towards the back of the ship?

We don't have a cabin yet but I'm looking at 2309. Iirc it has the Lobby above it. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. There are a few left that are not underneath the galley (which is a bad place to be under if I understand correctly).

Hey Tina-

There is a feature where you can drag the decks beside each other for a comparison. What is quicker is to use the elevators as a guide. They do not move from deck to deck. For example if you are 5 cabins up from the mid ship elevators you can then go to the deck above and tell what is right above you. Fairly easy and a great way to spend some time cruising without actually being on the ship!!

Thanks Bob. Being able to put two decks beside each other will be really helpful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I appreciate everyone's replies and assistance!

Hey Tina-

You beat me to it! LOL I use this site a lot.

On the Magic you will either have the Magic Lobby, Nothern Lights Dinning Room, and the Galley located above the Cove Balcony cabins. What is above your particular cabin? It depends on where your cabin is at. Is it towards the forward part of the ship? The middle of the ship? Or towards the back of the ship?

I just looked at drag it decks. That cabin is no where near the gally. If picture placement is aligned, it's at the end of Northern Lights DR which is near the lobby. DR is carpeted.

Thanks, I didn't even think to google that but I bet i'll get some good information! From my (limited) research it sounds like being below the galley is worse than being under the lobby, and it sort of makes sense. I hope its accurate information.

Don't have one yet. I put 2309 on hold for 24 hours.

We don't have a cabin yet but I'm looking at 2309. Iirc it has the Lobby above it. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. There are a few left that are not underneath the galley (which is a bad place to be under if I understand correctly).

Thanks Bob. Being able to put two decks beside each other will be really helpful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I appreciate everyone's replies and assistance!

It looks like 2309 is more under the forward dinning room. That should not be too bad as the dinning room is carpeted which should add a little insulation to the cabins below and the dinning rooms are not used 24 hours a day. It is true that being under the galley is not very desirable as you might hear carts and other equipment moved around and the galley runs almost 24 hours a day.

Hey Tina, I was in cabin 2309 on the Breeze and it was a good location. I have also been in 2277, which I liked even more because it is so convenient to the stairs, but there we did not notice nay noise other than the rude neighbors slamming their doors. I love the coves!

I guess those deck plans aren't to scale because if you match up the forward elevators, cabin 2309 is in the dining room. If you match up the aft elevators it puts 2309 in lobby. Either way...I'm also hoping it's a good location because I have that same cabin booked for my cruise in September! :D