3 day trips

Hi all,

A few questions:

thinking of booking a last minute 3 day cruise for either september or october. What are the chances that prices will drop the closer to the date?

Has anyone gone on a short trip? do they do any formal nights or dress up nights still?

the september cruise is a 'food and wine'... wondering if the majority of the events that make it 'food and wine' are extra expenses?

Thanks guys!

Price drops are very dependent on if the cruise is selling and what specials they have going on. I watched my last cruise for 8 months and the only reduction in price was a special they had that would cause me to forfeit all of my "extras".

If it is a straight price with no deals then it is unlikely the price will drop unless the cruise is not filling up.

Have a look at other 3 night cruises and check out the price per night to see if this cruise is priced within the norm.

As for the actual cruise, there isn't really formal nights as such - even formal nights are tie optional. I am not 100% sure if they will have one - if they do it would be the middle night.

Yes most of the events come with a cost - mainly as they have product (e.g. food or wine) involved. Normally around $15 AU for each event.

To be honest if you are a foodie expecting a event you will be disappointed, it is more like a theme rather than an experience. There are limited events and they fill up very quickly.

3 / 4 night cruises have a real different feel to them - they are a taster and tend to be very party party party.

You shouldn't be put off by my comments though, they serve a purpose and are a great short break. I would certainly do them again - just to cruise not because of the theme.

Sorry I can't be more specific - my last 3 night cruise was in 2013 so I know things will have changed.

I can only do 3/4 night cruises at the moment due to being on Kidney Dialysis 4x a week and I like them, they're a lot of fun, we had the bianco white party the second night and then the "formal" night the 3rd night where they had photo backdrop sets up around the ship where a photographer takes your pic and you have the option of buying them from the photo store, you could dress up to go into the main dining room as well but it's all optional on P&O.

Haven't done a F&W cruise but from what I've seen you have to pay extra to enjoy those events and need to be quick to get in as they sell out quickly. We usually do "classic" cruises so have the usual activities of Bingo, theatre shows, movies on the top deck, comedian/hypnotist and generally just laying about the ship doing nothing at all. It's the best type of holiday if you're after that "lay around do nothing, be waited on day and night, no washing, cleaning or dishes to do while witnessing breathtaking sunrise/sunsets at sea" type of holiday :)

We did the Food and Wine cruise from Fremantle on the Pacific Eden and yes, most of the timetabled activities that they put on cost extra. This was a bit disappointing.

We had an awesome time and I would definitely book again, but maybe look at some other options such as the comedy cruise