I Just Had to Celebrate!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Cruise Rituals
Not voo-doo...but what do YOU do?
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:52 PM.
#1
Michigan
7,870 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
OUR B2B CRUISE IS BOOKED!!!! On August 15th, 2009 I will be leaving San Juan for 15 wonderful days aboard Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Seas. Two great itineraries, 2 NEW island I have never visited, and my wonderful husband and I celebrating 5 wonderful years of marriage!

YIPPEEE!

So I am making this the Official place to celebrate your booked cruises!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


#2
194 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Awesome! I hope the year goes by fast....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


Past cruises:
Grandeur of the Seas: 10/10
Emerald Princess: 1/10
Grandeur of the Seas: 3/03
Rhapsody of the Seas: 3/02
Premier (not sure Ship): 3/00


#3
Antioch CA
25,916 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Originally posted by Mokaheena
OUR B2B CRUISE IS BOOKED!!!! On August 15th, 2009 I will be leaving San Juan for 15 wonderful days aboard Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Seas. Two great itineraries, 2 NEW island I have never visited, and my wonderful husband and I celebrating 5 wonderful years of marriage!

YIPPEEE!

So I am making this the Official place to celebrate your booked cruises!


You mean Aug 15 2010!!! your countdown clock has the right yr! not to be messin' with you! ha!ha! I feel your excitement and I congratulate you... Happy Anniversary - I love the Serenade and I hope you will too - You have posted on my Who Celebrates their Birthdays thread and so glad you are will be on a cruise to enjoy your special occasion!! Corkey Carol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
....HOST CORKEY CAROL....

Diamond P L U S

PINK BOA CRUISER !!
#4
Michigan
7,870 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Agh! I totally meant 2010!!!

I sailed on the Serenade in March of 2009 (got it right this time) and I LOVE that ship. It is my absolute favorite!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


#5
Antioch CA
25,916 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Originally posted by Mokaheena
Agh! I totally meant 2010!!!

I sailed on the Serenade in March of 2009 (got it right this time) and I LOVE that ship. It is my absolute favorite!!

we did the Alaska cruise on the Serenade last yr - we have also done the Radiance and about 5 times on the Brilliance - love that class cuz of the glass all around.
The ship is big enough yet not that super huge like what they are coming up with now. Corkey Carol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
....HOST CORKEY CAROL....

Diamond P L U S

PINK BOA CRUISER !!
#6
Michigan
7,870 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by corkey
we did the Alaska cruise on the Serenade last yr - we have also done the Radiance and about 5 times on the Brilliance - love that class cuz of the glass all around.
The ship is big enough yet not that super huge like what they are coming up with now. Corkey Carol
That is how I feel. The ship is large enough to have everything I want in a cruise ship, but it does not have too many people. I cannot imagine sailing on one of the monster ships like the Oasis or even Freedom class. I did the Adventure for my first cruise, and there were too many people. The Radiance Class is just right!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


#7
Antioch CA
25,916 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
I really enjoy any ship I happen to be on- for example the voyager class - like your Adventure ship - but I can't help but compare it to the radiance class. I look for the glass and water and the all glass elevators and when I am in the Champagne bar or by Seattles Best, I love seeing the water. So it's really my favorite, however, put me on any ship and I will love it too - ha!ha! I know I will eventually make it on the freedom class and even the oasis, but it's going to be a long long while before I get there. Corkey
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
....HOST CORKEY CAROL....

Diamond P L U S

PINK BOA CRUISER !!
#8
Michigan
7,870 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Having spent my day off reading these boards and doing tons of cruise research, I have to say that..............I WANT TO GO NOW!
300+ days is far too long to wait!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


#9
Antioch CA
25,916 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
don't blame you - I have til May 2010 for our ak cruise - too long!! however, we will be going to Hawaii Nov 3 - land trip, but nonetheless, a vacation overlooking the ocean.

We did our two cruises this yr, 1-1/2 weeks apart so that was it - next time, I'll be smart enough to space them out. Corkey
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
....HOST CORKEY CAROL....

Diamond P L U S

PINK BOA CRUISER !!
#10
Michigan
7,870 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by corkey
don't blame you - I have til May 2010 for our ak cruise - too long!! however, we will be going to Hawaii Nov 3 - land trip, but nonetheless, a vacation overlooking the ocean.

We did our two cruises this yr, 1-1/2 weeks apart so that was it - next time, I'll be smart enough to space them out. Corkey

Yeah, doing 2 B2B is going to be great, but there will probably not be another cruise after that for 4-5 years..... Completing a Ph.D. leaves little time for cruising...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


#11
Antioch CA
25,916 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
I don't blame you - I'll take the PH.d anytime - my girlfriend has been working on hers and will get her degree 2011 - so she's asking us and other friends plus her family to help her celebrate on a Medtrn cruise - hope we'll be able to go. Corkey
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
....HOST CORKEY CAROL....

Diamond P L U S

PINK BOA CRUISER !!
#12
Phx East Valley AZ
22,917 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
I have to add my congrats to you both as well.
We have a cruise (corkey Carol and others) booked for April 2011. Now that is far off.
Your B2B sounds wonderful.
Just got off the Radiance and Carol is so right. The glass is beautiful.
Laura
#13
Michigan
7,870 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Thanks for the congrats!!

A Mediterranean cruise sounds like a wonderful idea of how to celebrate my Ph.D. I will have to start "hinting" to DH about it! LOL

I am looking forward to being back on the Serenade. I sure enjoy that beautiful ship.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature