Whats your must have beauty products???

BlondieGal

Alright ladies, as a huge fan of Sephora and Ulta myself.. What are your all's must haves for a cruise? what are some beauty tools, make up, accessories you must take with you ??

For me, I always must have sunglasses. I cant stand to be in the sun without them.

A big hat for when laying out.

my 3 barrell waver,,.. I usually dont bother with my straightner on vacation.

I have a list that includes about 30 items. From shampoo/cond/moisturizer/deodorant all the way to makeup and hair styling products, makeup tools, sunscreen fir face and body, etc... It also includes items like cotton balls and tissue, hair brushes (I use 5 when traveling).

It sounds like a lot, but it's everything I use at home every day at home. I have all travel sizes and I pack them into separate cosmetic bags according to where they will go (bathroom or cabin desk). I refuse to use any mystery items that cruise ships and hotels supply, my skin is way too sensitive to use fragrances items.

It's kind of like if you emptied your purse out, you may be surprised the number of items you carry in there.

I think my husbands list is 8 items long.

Smith's Rosebud Salve, body lotion, moisturizer, makeup, shampoo, conditioner, witch hazel, makeup brushes, hair & styling brushes, hair styling products, tweezers, small mirror, cotton rounds, nail polish, nail file, disposable facial cleaning cloths, travel size Spongable, razor, shaving cream.

My #1 must have is my sleep mask. One speck of light will keep me awake.

Magnifying make-up mirror! Also, eyebrow pencil, mascara, eyeliner pencil and lipstick. I take the foundation, but after a few days sun, humidity and sweat make that a losing battle!:rolleyes:

Must have sunglasses and a hat!

Anything I use at home goes with me on ANY trip....everytime!

All make-up, lotions, hair products, electric curlers, tweezers, scissors, pumice, razor, scrubs....of course sunglasses and sunscreen....really, I keep everything I use in a small 3-drawer container, and I just pack it right up and take it with me...no wondering if I've "forgotton" something!

MAC eyeshadow in "Shroom".

I can't leave home without it! It is the perfect color whether on it's own or used as a highlighter with other colors.

I also don't leave home without NARS loose powder. It sets my foundation perfectly. (Well unless I happen to have some Guerlain Meteorites.. that's pretty perfect too)

Oh and I can't leave w/o my flat iron (Solia).. my hair would be a frizzy mess without it.

I'm sure there's more -- oh, yeah black eyeliner! I can't even leave the house without it. Currently using Nars but like Lancome and Makeup Forever as well.

I'm sure I have more than this but off the top of my head I can think of....

my sulfate free shampoos...especially if cruising in the caribbean I need something gentle. I'm not as particular about my conditioner.

my schick intuition razor...I cut myself with every other and having the built in soap makes shaving a quick daily routine

round brush, travel size blowdryer with a nozzle. I won't flat iron but when I dry my hair I will smooth it out with a round brush.

cute hair clips or claw clips and bunch of bobbi pins. I hate hair in my face so I almost always have it away from my face but still want it cute.

deodorant...invisible kind...don't want any sightly white residue and when I've gained extra weight I rub it in my thigh so they don't rub together :D

tinted moisturizer ( i like the sonia kashuk one) and Chanel tan de soleil. After putting on the moisturizer, I tend to look too white and this product is godsend!!! NYX cream blush in "natural" and set it with NARS "orgasm" or "deep throat" I kid u not on the names of the blush.

MUFE waterproof eyeliner

minty lipgloss...cover girl has one that comes in color blue. I know it sounds scary but it goes on clear and I love how minty it is on my lips. It's so refreshing in hot weather. My daughter who is almost 10 loves it too! I usually start off the day with a lip tint (either Benefit's benetint or Revlon's "bitten")

there are more but that's what all I think think of for now

sunglasses are not an accessory for me...they are a NECESSITY for me--dont walk out of the house without them or an extra in my purse, and on a cruise i practically live in them-inside and out!

anything i use on a daily basis and extra goes with me, that is why i have to use hubby's 3-1-1 zip because most all of my makeup, etc goes in them

sunscreen is a must for both of us

hats

hairbands

I guess I'm a minimalist. I used to carry all kinds of stuff with me but found I didn't use most of it.

- Sunscreen

- Lip Sunscreen

- Shampoo

- Conditioner

- Hair Spray

- Face Primer

- Powder that doubles as foundation

- Eye Liner

- Brush & Bronzer

- Big brush for powder & bronzer

- a couple of lipsticks

- a small eye shadow kit

- mascara

- disposible makeup remover wipes

- hand & body lotion

- razor

- 1 comb, 1 brush

- curling iron (I use the ship provided blow dryer)

- tan towel

I used to bring different "special" products but found that I didn't use them. I guess I'd rather spend a few more minutes in the sun and less time primping!

Hi....Hi Janine, hope you and Geoff are doing well:)

Minimalist? I bring less than you.

First, my sunglasses are also a necessity as they are prescription so

in order to see distance outside I have to wear them. I live in Florida

so that is hopefully most of the time;)

I bring a small makeup bag and I only wear makeup in the evenings

so a few different eye shadows, a couple of lipsticks, mascara and

blush.

Deodorant, toothpaste, brush, floss, and comb are my true necesseties.

My hair is so short I don't use a brush and don't even own a hair dryer.

Many of the items other folks use are not on my list at home so they

would not go with me on vacation.

Different strokes for different folks.:)

I don't consider sunglasses a beauty item, but a necessity for everyone.

To the poster who stated they were minimalist, I counted 23 items! I suppose 30 isn't all that much. I use a few more hair products, I count in things like my eyelash curler, toothpaste/brush and floss.

My makeup kit is minimal, I cut way back on eye shadow when traveling.

I have one of those curly hairpieces with a comb and wires that you twist around a doubled-up ponytail (the kind you get from a cart at the mall). I've used it with wet hair after swimming or snorkeling, or to make an updo for dinner after rushing back from an excursion.

1. Sunscreen, 2. after sun gel/moisturizer, 3. lip Balm with sunscreen, 4. tinted moisturizing foundation, 5. a pan or two with multiple colors of eyeshadow, 6. mascara, 7. a bottle of nail polish for touchups, 8. individually wrapped nail polish remover pads, 9. bar of bath soap, 10. facial cleanser, 11. roseaca gel, 12. Abreeva 13. travel size can of hair spray, 14. comb, 15. color safe shampoo, 16. color safe conditioner, 17. anti-frizz serum, 18. travel hair dryer, 19. toothbrush, 20. toothpaste, 21. razor, 22. deodorant, 23. cotton swabs, 24. individually wrapped alcohol pads, 25. fingernail clippers, 26. tweezers, 27. individually wrapped eyeglass cleaning pads.

Lol...get ready...the list is big!

Hair - Purology shampoo & conditioner, argan oil, Living Proof hair thickener, Elnett hairspray, comb, brush, blowdryer

Body - Venus razor, BBW shower gel and lotion, sunscreen

Face - Boscia cleansing oil, eye cream, day moisturizer, night moisturizer, Ole Henrickson Truth Serum, Neutrogena facial sunscreen, eye makeup remover

Makeup - Urban Decay Primer Potion, Laura Mercier primer, 3 eye shadow pallets, multiple Urban Decay 24/7eye liners, Stila cream eye liner, Makeup Forever HD foundation, cream blush, concealer, microfinish powder, Too Faced bronzer, Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray, Benefit eyebrow pencil, They're Real mascara, Tweezerman tweezers, Shu eyelashes curler, makeup brush kit

Nail polish remover pads, base coat, polish, and top coat, fake toenails (in case one falls off)

Believe it or not, it takes me ten minutes to do my makeup.

I guess I'm a minimalist. I used to carry all kinds of stuff with me but found I didn't use most of it.

- Sunscreen

- Lip Sunscreen

- Shampoo

- Conditioner

- Hair Spray

- Face Primer

- Powder that doubles as foundation

- Eye Liner

- Brush & Bronzer

- Big brush for powder & bronzer

- a couple of lipsticks

- a small eye shadow kit

- mascara

- disposible makeup remover wipes

- hand & body lotion

- razor

- 1 comb, 1 brush

- curling iron (I use the ship provided blow dryer)

- tan towel

I used to bring different "special" products but found that I didn't use them. I guess I'd rather spend a few more minutes in the sun and less time primping!

My list is yours, minus the items in red, plus:

Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer

Aveeno "Positively Radiant" facial moisturizer (travel size)

Aveda "Hang Straight" styling lotion for hair (travel size)

Tinted lip balm

Eyelash curler

I'm another one that takes the items I use at home - makeup, hair products, brush, sunglasses, hat, moisturizer, fingernail polish, polish remover, fingernail clippers & file.

The one thing I take that others may not is a powered hair trimmer for all those hairy areas.

We tend to take long cruises (and land trips) and if I find I need something else (or run out of something) I just buy it along the way.

I'm another one that takes the items I use at home - makeup, hair products, brush, sunglasses, hat, moisturizer, fingernail polish, polish remover, fingernail clippers & file.

The one thing I take that others may not is a powered hair trimmer for all those hairy areas.

We tend to take long cruises (and land trips) and if I find I need something else (or run out of something) I just buy it along the way.

Hi, I see you are sailing for 45 days.....you are my hero:D:):D:)

awwww Lois R! When you have the time I highly recommend long cruises - they are awesome!

I am sure they are:) but in order to cruise I have to work:eek:.

Thankfully I get a good bit of vacation time per year but to go

on one long cruise? Well, time and money are a factor and then I

I would not be able to go 2 or 3 times a year...if that makes sense:rolleyes:

W O R K prevents me from going for a 1 looooonnnggggg cruise.

I am sure they are:) but in order to cruise I have to work:eek:.

Thankfully I get a good bit of vacation time per year but to go

on one long cruise? Well, time and money are a factor and then I

I would not be able to go 2 or 3 times a year...if that makes sense:rolleyes:

W O R K prevents me from going for a 1 looooonnnggggg cruise.

I understand completely... while working I always took my vacations 1 week at a time so I could take more vacations!

I understand completely... while working I always took my vacations 1 week at a time so I could take more vacations!

Yes, a week or sometimes I can do a 10 night cruise:D

Here are my must have products for most of my cruises:

- Urban Decay primer potion, for the eyes.

- Urban Decay Naked Palette - best eyeshadows for neutral daytime and smokey night time

- black eyeliner - I like smashbox's limitless liquid liner

- Urban decay's 24/7 Glid on shadow pencil. I love these as bases and a quick smudgy eye look.

- Nars pro-refining primer

- chanel vitalumiere aqua foundation

- tarte amazonian clay blush, i pick 2, one neutral one and one bright color

- Urban Decay all nighter spray

- a nice neutral lip gloss and bold nighttime lipstick

- lush rehab shampoo (travel size) and lush american cream conditioner

- sunscreeeeeeeeeen

- a small travel sized body lotion

- Moroccan oil for my hair

- one of those razors that have the soap built in (I only take these on cruises)

Archived