ms Eurodam & ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau June 26, 2017

Scrapnana

Monday brings Nieuw Amsterdam (1300-2200) to the CT dock and Eurodam (1300-2200) to the AS dock.

Also in port are Ruby Princess (1100-2215) at the FKL dock and Solstice (1330-2200) at the AJ dock.

The forecast is for overcast skies with some showers (60% chance). The high will be 60F/16C and the low 50F/10C. Sunrise is at 3:51 am and sunset at 10:07 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

Back to typical Juneau weather, I plan to be watching from my warm home - even though they are predicting rain for our area too - ours will be much warmer.

We've got a early summer heat wave going here; I'll be watching for your 'tie-downs" ;)

Thank you for the reminder, Kathi!:) We are having a heat wave - can't compare with California, but 26 celsius is extreme for us....

Our courtyard wall is coming down today, to be replaced hopefully this week. I'm having to keep windows closed because of the dust, so I have a fan going, and I'm not planning to move around much - I'll just stay on the computer.

Copper, we enjoyed Andrew, our Cellar Master, on the Zaandam very much. When I mentioned your name, he said to send his regards. He came to our Meet & Greet and was very helpful in trying to set up a private tasting for our group, however, unfortunately later in the cruise he broke his ankle playing basketball :eek:, and had to go home, poor boy! Our next Cellar Master was not able to fit in our wine tasting.

Thank you for the reminder, Kathi!:) We are having a heat wave - can't compare with California, but 26 celsius is extreme for us....

Our courtyard wall is coming down today, to be replaced hopefully this week. I'm having to keep windows closed because of the dust, so I have a fan going, and I'm not planning to move around much - I'll just stay on the computer.

Copper, we enjoyed Andrew, our Cellar Master, on the Zaandam very much. When I mentioned your name, he said to send his regards. He came to our Meet & Greet and was very helpful in trying to set up a private tasting for our group, however, unfortunately later in the cruise he broke his ankle playing basketball :eek:, and had to go home, poor boy! Our next Cellar Master was not able to fit in our wine tasting.

Good morning Ma'am; bad news about Andrew :( Hope that ankle heals up well. He definitely knows his wines and spirits, He's scheduled for K-dam as his next ship

It was a nice day/evening in Victoria, a week ago last Sunday as well as two weeks prior to that. Spent some time in the Inner Harbor watching the world go by, and having dinner with some fellow crew at the Bard & Banker on Government St, nice place, very popular

Good morning Ma'am; bad news about Andrew :( Hope that ankle heals up well. He definitely knows his wines and spirits, He's scheduled for K-dam as his next ship

He had some very interesting tastings on Zaandam. Perhaps we will see him on K-dam in January?

Glad you enjoyed Victoria - we should have been in touch!

He had some very interesting tastings on Zaandam. Perhaps we will see him on K-dam in January?

Glad you enjoyed Victoria - we should have been in touch!

I always enjoy Victoria; with Vancouver, one of my all-time favorite cities. Next time; back in Sep - I'll give you and your DH a behind the scenes tour of the ship if interested

I always enjoy Victoria; with Vancouver, one of my all-time favorite cities. Next time; back in Sep - I'll give you and your DH a behind the scenes tour of the ship if interested

Thanks, that would be wonderful! :) What ship will you be on?