Escape - Live 1/30

TheDougOut

66w5za.jpg

Well, that was interesting. My original flight out of Rochester was for 2:30pm. After a cancelled flight and a scramble this morning, I got to the airport with an hour's notice. It'll be interesting to see what I packed, and what i didn't.

More to come. Posting live from the Escape 1/30.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

10nufig.jpg

Slowing inching my way there!

Of our extended traveling group, I'm currently flying solo, my sister and brother-in-law are en route to PBI from Laguardia, my gf's parents are en route on another plane to meet up with me at FLL, my parents are at their condo in Florida, and my gf and her kids are still stuck in Rochester after their second flight cancellation of the day. Hopefully their next two flights will work out, and they'll arrive promptly at their new scheduled time of 1am.

If it wasn't for the fact that I had a rental car waiting and a couple round trips between FLL and MIA tonight, I'd probably be pretending the UBP privileges started right now.

But I'll wait. Ugh...

33kudzm.jpg

The "fun" continues. Most of us have made it to Florida. Unfortunately my gf and her kids will likely be stranded at JFK tonight, with hopes of a 6am flight.

First vacation drink? Goose Island IPA @ Hyatt Place Miami Airport East.

Excited! We board next week!! Any reservations planned for the pay restaurants?

With the 4 day SDP, we're hitting the Brat Pack Supper Club (+upcharge), LeBistro, Cagney's, and Bayamo (+upcharge).

Well that's it for day T-1! I'm hoping to hear from the gf in the morning that she and the kids are boarding the plane at JFK at 6am. Once confirmed, I'll leave my great hotel in Miami (Hyatt Place Miami Airport East - got it for $80 on hotels.com) around 8am and head back up to FLL.

I figure if things go smooth with grabbing her checked bag, we'll be on the road back to Miami around 10am. We need to drop the Avis car at the port location and then hop on the shuttle. An 11am port arrival would be glorious, all things considered. (last I heard - they were camping out on the floor at the gate, not wanting to take any chances)

I always say... the best night of any vacation is the night before it arrives. I might be second guessing that philosophy tonight.

Edited by TheDougOut

You are going to have a great time. I can already see that you have a good sense of humor and little glitches won't ruin your fun. I am looking forward to hearing all about your trip and any adventures that your group has.

24g3n9h.jpg

The last few pieces to the puzzle are at 15,400' and climbing.

153bi2r.jpg

And I'm enjoying a nice quiet breakfast in Miami. That's apple juice by the way - the IPAs stopped flowing around 1am.

We'll be waiting to board on your return.

Sweet!! I'll pull her up in front of Cruise Terminal C and I'll leave the keys under the port-side floor mat. Have a great trip, and safe travels!

We're booked at the Hyatt east next Friday - heading to the Escape on Saturday

Hope you have a great cruise! What did you think of the Hyatt? It received mixed reviews. Have they finally opened the pool?

I've never stayed at a "Hyatt Place" before, but I like the concept. I know this location just opened a few months ago - so maybe there were some kinks to work out.

The rooms are quite nice, very spacious, with nice bathrooms. For dining, the eatery is open 24 hours and you can either order ahead and pick up, or dine in the rather unconventional dining area. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. I haven't seen info on the pool, but I'll try to remember to ask on the way out.

16kytfm.jpg

2gsofg5.jpg

The room...

2r5dppf.jpg

2z9cnxw.jpg

o0z62v.jpg

We made it!! Our party is all accounted for, and we're now waiting to board. We arrived at the port at 11am, and there were only 10 or so people in line at Terminal C. They just called boarding group #2 at 11:25am.