Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Conversations > Lose Before You Cruise
 
Register here!
Forgot Your Password?


Notices

Lose Before You Cruise A place for cruisers to share their stories of how to lose weight before a cruise. Virtual snacks allowed, but only in small quantities.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 26th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Mijuraad Mijuraad is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 93
Wink Can I lose 10 pounds in two months?

Now that I'm no longer 39, I've found the only way I can lose weight is to book a cruise. That said, the dieting routine usually doesn't kick in until 6 weeks before departure, which is a tad too late for me to lose anything but water weight.

However, I'm determined to begin the dieting process today--right now--this minute, which leaves me exactly 8 weeks to achieve body perfection.

I am a female of $#@##! years, stand 4 feet 11 inches (shrunken from 5 feet) and weigh 120 pounds. As a result of my having lived, most of my plump and perky parts are heading toward extinction. Every item of cruise clothing I own is size 10 petite. If I were to try things on tonight, I'd cancel the cruise, but a week from today, when I have lost a few ounces, I'll try on a few of my roomier outfits. I'll be wearing an underwire bra, of course.

I am writing this blog as a combination count-down to the cruise, and challenge to myself to lose a couple of pounds. I'll be keeping track and keeping up to date on this blog. Any encouragement or tips will be welcomed.

I'm hungry already.
__________________
Mij
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Annatoo's Avatar
Annatoo Annatoo is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,543
Exclamation This is Worth a Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijuraad View Post

However, I'm determined to begin the dieting process today--right now--this minute, which leaves me exactly 8 weeks to achieve body perfection.

I am a female of $#@##! years, stand 4 feet 11 inches (shrunken from 5 feet) and weigh 120 pounds. As a result of my having lived, most of my plump and perky parts are heading toward extinction. Every item of cruise clothing I own is size 10 petite. If I were to try things on tonight, I'd cancel the cruise, but a week from today, when I have lost a few ounces, I'll try on a few of my roomier outfits. I'll be wearing an underwire bra, of course.

I am writing this blog as a combination count-down to the cruise, and challenge to myself to lose a couple of pounds. I'll be keeping track and keeping up to date on this blog. Any encouragement or tips will be welcomed.

I'm hungry already.
This worked for me at 50+ . I went from a generous 10 or 12 down to size 9..... no special exercise.
Cut out all Dairy - use Soy or Rice Milk. This means no hard cheese/butter. NO BREAD or WHEAT cereals (use natural Muesli and add LSA mix ).....have Ryevita or Corn/Rice crispbreads. NO JAM or sugar. Use Avocado instead of butter. Limit red meat or replace with grilled fish/chicken. A few almonds daily. Heaps of salads/greens/vegetables (not potatoes). Piece of Fruit for dessert. 8 glasses of water daily. Start the day with freshly juiced carrot/celery/apple/beetroot/parsley.
OK....don't think I've forgotten anything - however except for being lazy and not juicing, this eating regime no longer works for me . Perhaps I cheat a little now (love cheese and must have toast with soup in winter). My cruise is 14 months away...out with the juicer again, ride the bike and walk regularly . I keep the cheese for grandson (also the choccie biscuits)....must be STRONG .
You should get results after 7 days......keep me posted on progress
B E V
__________________
Completed Cruises
Capetown/Auckland ORCADES 1970
Durban/Auckland ORIANA 1971
Sydney/S Pacific SEA PRINCESS 1981
Sydney/S Pacific FAIRSTAR 1982
Auckland/Sydney FAIRSTAR 1983
Sydney/S Pacific SEA PRINCESS 1984
Sydney/S Pacific BELLORUSYIA 1989
Auckland/Southampton CANBERRA 1994
Dover/Fjords/Arctic Circle COSTA 1994
San Francisco/Brisbane ORIANA MAIDEN 1996
Sydney/South Pacific NORWEGIAN STAR 1999
Fr Polynesia/Raro TAHITIAN PRINCESS 2004
Hawaiian Islands PRIDE OF HAWAII 2006
Sydney/Auckland SAPPHIRE PRINCESS 2008
Sydney/South Pacific DAWN PRINCESS 2009
35 nts Sydney/South Pacific/Hawaii SUN PRINCESS 12/9/2009
14 nts Sydney/Hobart/New Zealand DIAMOND PRINCESS 8/2/2013

Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old July 27th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Pinkbikini's Avatar
Pinkbikini Pinkbikini is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New England, USA
Posts: 363
Default

Depending on your diet you may be able to lose 5+ lbs/week if you take enough water weight off by cutting out all the sodium (no soda, popcorn, precooked meals that you renuke in the micro). You might be surprised (I always am) at how much comes off the midsection by cutting sodium out alone.

Feel free to come join us on the atkins board if you'd like- most of us lost 5-10 lbs (I started at 130 and dropped 20 in about 6 months time at 5'3) in just a week. I think 20lbs in 2 months may be doable but not advisable. 10 lbs is a more realistic goal! (JMHO)

Good luck to you, and no matter what, enjoy your cruise
Pink
__________________
Coming Soon: Australia 2014

Norwegian Gem-1/2013- Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Jade- Spain, Portugal and Morocco- 1/2010
Norwegian Spirit- Mardi Gras+Western Caribbean- 2/2009
Island Princess- Panama Canal- 11/2008
Norwegian Sun- Western Caribbean- Honeymoon, 12/2007
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old July 27th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Pinkbikini's Avatar
Pinkbikini Pinkbikini is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New England, USA
Posts: 363
Default

Depending on your diet you may be able to lose 5+ lbs/week if you take enough water weight off by cutting out all the sodium (no soda, popcorn, precooked meals that you renuke in the micro). You might be surprised (I always am) at how much comes off the midsection by cutting sodium out alone.

Feel free to come join us on the atkins board if you'd like- most of us lost 5-10 lbs (I started at 130 and dropped 20 in about 6 months time at 5'3) in just a week. I think 20lbs in 2 months may be doable but not advisable. 10 lbs is a more realistic goal! (JMHO)

Good luck to you, and no matter what, enjoy your cruise
Pink
__________________
Coming Soon: Australia 2014

Norwegian Gem-1/2013- Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Jade- Spain, Portugal and Morocco- 1/2010
Norwegian Spirit- Mardi Gras+Western Caribbean- 2/2009
Island Princess- Panama Canal- 11/2008
Norwegian Sun- Western Caribbean- Honeymoon, 12/2007
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old July 27th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Pinkbikini's Avatar
Pinkbikini Pinkbikini is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New England, USA
Posts: 363
Default

Depending on your diet you may be able to lose 5+ lbs/week if you take enough water weight off by cutting out all the sodium (no soda, popcorn, precooked meals that you renuke in the micro). You might be surprised (I always am) at how much comes off the midsection by cutting sodium out alone.

Feel free to come join us on the atkins board if you'd like- most of us lost 5-10 lbs (I started at 130 and dropped 20 in about 6 months time at 5'3) in just a week. I think 20lbs in 2 months may be doable but not advisable. 10 lbs is a more realistic goal! (JMHO)

Good luck to you, and no matter what, enjoy your cruise
Pink
__________________
Coming Soon: Australia 2014

Norwegian Gem-1/2013- Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Jade- Spain, Portugal and Morocco- 1/2010
Norwegian Spirit- Mardi Gras+Western Caribbean- 2/2009
Island Princess- Panama Canal- 11/2008
Norwegian Sun- Western Caribbean- Honeymoon, 12/2007
Reply With Quote

Ad Sponsored By
  #6  
Old July 27th, 2008, 04:55 AM
kiwicruiser55 kiwicruiser55 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 180
Default Not alone on a diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijuraad View Post
Now that I'm no longer 39, I've found the only way I can lose weight is to book a cruise. That said, the dieting routine usually doesn't kick in until 6 weeks before departure, which is a tad too late for me to lose anything but water weight.

However, I'm determined to begin the dieting process today--right now--this minute, which leaves me exactly 8 weeks to achieve body perfection.

I am a female of $#@##! years, stand 4 feet 11 inches (shrunken from 5 feet) and weigh 120 pounds. As a result of my having lived, most of my plump and perky parts are heading toward extinction. Every item of cruise clothing I own is size 10 petite. If I were to try things on tonight, I'd cancel the cruise, but a week from today, when I have lost a few ounces, I'll try on a few of my roomier outfits. I'll be wearing an underwire bra, of course.

I am writing this blog as a combination count-down to the cruise, and challenge to myself to lose a couple of pounds. I'll be keeping track and keeping up to date on this blog. Any encouragement or tips will be welcomed.

I'm hungry already.
Glad to hear there are other people out there dieting before their cruise, I got weight off using Jenny Craig and I have now been 11 months within +/- 2kg of my goal weight. I just had a weigh in and decided to get two weeks of JC ready meals to get those extra pounds off as I have not got long to go now. I also wear my pedometer and watch television walking on the spot which seems to work. Good luck with shedding your pounds.
__________________


HAL RYNDAM, NORWAY, JULY 2013
HAL VEENDAM, ALASKA, AUG 2008
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old July 27th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Salsa Dancer's Avatar
Salsa Dancer Salsa Dancer is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,061
Default Back in the day....

For almost everyone, you lose a lot more weight up front because it is a combination of fat loss and water, but hey, as long as it stays off over time....and the clothes will fit great.

Once I lost 15 lbs. in a month with my own "custom" diet plan that was based off a skeleton WW plan. I thought about the foods that I liked, then made a menu based on those things, made sure I got all of the food groups covered, dark greens, orange veggies, fruit, protein, dairy/calcium, etc., kept it very low in sugar, low in calories too. This is what I ate for a month. I'll admit that it got boring, but it did taste good and I was able to do it for the 4 weeks. I started out at 141, I think, and ended up at 126 (5'2") and felt great. You could alter it to suit your own taste, I'm sure, exchanging low-fat cottage cheese for the egg or low-fat yogurt. I'm going by memory but this is what I remember.

Breakfast:
Soft boiled egg
light wheat toast (no butter)
4 oz. oj

For Lunch and dinner: my filler food was a soup that I made, but altered with seasoning for dinner so that I wouldn't die of boredom .

Chicken & Spinach Soup (it was boiled chicken breast, diced, strained the water, tossed the chicken back in, and added chopped frozen spinach (good source of iron), chopped garlic, diced onion, shredded carrots (orange veggies for vitamin A), seasonings to taste, chicken bouillon, etc. At lunch I would eat it as is, and at dinner, when I heated a bowl, I would add a little Sesame Oil and soy sauce to give it an Asian flavor. You can also add some heat if you like....cayenne pepper.

Lunch:
Soup (ate it until I felt full)
an apple
1-2 oz. of cheddar cheese

Dinner:
More Chicken soup, seasoned differently, as noted
Sugar Free Jell-O with fresh fruit added to bulk it up (like chopped apples, mandarin oranges)
Glass of Milk
Pumpkin Dessert: At the beginning of the week, I'd make an 8x8 pan (sprayed with Pam) of a crustless pumpkin "pie"....combo of an egg, a small canof pumpkin, sweetener (Splenda would work), cinnamon and nutmeg, or pumpkin pie spice, then would bake it all up until a toothpick came out clean (350 degrees). Would cut the "pie" up into 9 pieces, then top a piece with a whipped topping like Dream Whip (whipped to directions).

I added in sugar-free beverages--coffee, iced tea, etc.

Sorry that the recipes aren't more detailed, I'm typing from the top of my head. I came across the pumpkin recipe just this week in a pile of notes and that reminded me.

That was the most weight I EVER lost in a month (mind you that I was in my late 20's) and it was so funny to see how shocked my friends were. One girl came up to me on a Sunday and said, "YOU'RE WAIST!" Another good friend...male....took a look at me on the 4th week and got this big grin then picked me up and swung me in a full circle and said, "What did you do? You're disappearing." It was pretty funny.
__________________



Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old July 27th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Pinkbikini's Avatar
Pinkbikini Pinkbikini is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New England, USA
Posts: 363
Default

Sorry, I must have triple posted while at work last night. It kept saying "error" ha ha... well, anyway, good luck in whatever you choose!
__________________
Coming Soon: Australia 2014

Norwegian Gem-1/2013- Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Jade- Spain, Portugal and Morocco- 1/2010
Norwegian Spirit- Mardi Gras+Western Caribbean- 2/2009
Island Princess- Panama Canal- 11/2008
Norwegian Sun- Western Caribbean- Honeymoon, 12/2007
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old July 28th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Mijuraad Mijuraad is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 93
Smile Thanks for the inspiration.

Many, many thanks for the diet regimes you've put onto this board. I plan to use them, especially the ones that allow an egg or some cheese now and then. Tomorrow morning I'm going to copy some of your recommendations and be serious about losing weight. Admitting that the older I get, the harder it seems to drop pounds, I really want to do this.

Today, day one, we were invited out to dinner, which is not the best way to begin a diet. The meal featured fahitas made with skirt steak marinated in vermouth, squeezed lime and lemon, and assorted spices, and griled on the barbecue. I was doing okay with that and grilled zucchini until a voice I barely recognized came out of my head saying, "Please pass the sour cream." In spite of temptation, I ate only one fahita, and a bowl full of salad.

Then we all went out for ice cream.

Still, I didn't snack around the clock today, and tomorrow I will start in earnest. First thing will be the cutting out of salt.
__________________
Mij
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old July 28th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Salsa Dancer's Avatar
Salsa Dancer Salsa Dancer is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijuraad View Post
Many, many thanks for the diet regimes you've put onto this board. I plan to use them, especially the ones that allow an egg or some cheese now and then. Tomorrow morning I'm going to copy some of your recommendations and be serious about losing weight. Admitting that the older I get, the harder it seems to drop pounds, I really want to do this.

Today, day one, we were invited out to dinner, which is not the best way to begin a diet. The meal featured fahitas made with skirt steak marinated in vermouth, squeezed lime and lemon, and assorted spices, and griled on the barbecue. I was doing okay with that and grilled zucchini until a voice I barely recognized came out of my head saying, "Please pass the sour cream." In spite of temptation, I ate only one fahita, and a bowl full of salad.

Then we all went out for ice cream.

Still, I didn't snack around the clock today, and tomorrow I will start in earnest. First thing will be the cutting out of salt.

Good for you Mij...we'll be rooting for you. Please post your progress. It is encouraging to see how others do. I'm the one who posted the plan with the cheese and egg and "pumpkin" pie. I may haul that out and do that for a week because I've been on a 5 week plateau!! Yuck.
__________________



Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old July 28th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Gathina Gathina is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, Palm Beach, and Ironshores, Jamaica
Posts: 3,198
Default

be careful about diet soda and diet
tea...there is something in the chemical compound that can trigger receptors in the part of the brain that make you want to eat more.

In Brazil we drink "mate"..you can buy yerba mate tea most places..brew it in a jug in the sun for a few hours, then put tons of limes in it...very refreshing and a good appetite killer.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old July 28th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Odoyal Rulez Odoyal Rulez is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 269
Default

10 lbs is cake...dont hold back on the cardio and eat healthy balanced meals that are even with carbs/fats/protiens...
__________________
If you aren't sweating, bleeding, or puking, you're holding back. Make every workout count.
5'9" 250lbs and still growing.
http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/noc2004bw/noc2004_warren01.jpg
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old August 1st, 2008, 12:41 AM
Mijuraad Mijuraad is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 93
Default Losing But Not My Fault

Hi Annatoo, KiwiCruiser, Pink Bikini, Salsa Dancer, Gathina, and Odoyal,

Never thought five of the ten pounds I'd like to lose would come off in less than a week, but here I am, slimmer...without having done strenuous exercises or worrying about exotic diet food preparation.

Would you all consider me to be cheating just because I've had a case of Montezuma's Revenge for the last three days? Yuk! I'm a mess...can't stay out of the bathroom and have been eating bananas, tea, rice, and grilled chicken. The worst part is that I know as soon as I feel better, I'll put the pounds back and will have to start the diet again from scratch.

It's fun reading your stories and your words of encouragement.
__________________
Mij
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old August 2nd, 2008, 03:59 AM
MetalPrincess8's Avatar
MetalPrincess8 MetalPrincess8 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsa Dancer View Post
Once I lost 15 lbs. in a month with my own "custom" diet plan that was based off a skeleton WW plan. I thought about the foods that I liked, then made a menu based on those things, made sure I got all of the food groups covered, dark greens, orange veggies, fruit, protein, dairy/calcium, etc., kept it very low in sugar, low in calories too. This is what I ate for a month. I'll admit that it got boring, but it did taste good and I was able to do it for the 4 weeks. I started out at 141, I think, and ended up at 126 (5'2") and felt great. You could alter it to suit your own taste, I'm sure, exchanging low-fat cottage cheese for the egg or low-fat yogurt. I'm going by memory but this is what I remember.

Breakfast:
Soft boiled egg
light wheat toast (no butter)
4 oz. oj

For Lunch and dinner: my filler food was a soup that I made, but altered with seasoning for dinner so that I wouldn't die of boredom .

Chicken & Spinach Soup (it was boiled chicken breast, diced, strained the water, tossed the chicken back in, and added chopped frozen spinach (good source of iron), chopped garlic, diced onion, shredded carrots (orange veggies for vitamin A), seasonings to taste, chicken bouillon, etc. At lunch I would eat it as is, and at dinner, when I heated a bowl, I would add a little Sesame Oil and soy sauce to give it an Asian flavor. You can also add some heat if you like....cayenne pepper.

Lunch:
Soup (ate it until I felt full)
an apple
1-2 oz. of cheddar cheese

Dinner:
More Chicken soup, seasoned differently, as noted
Sugar Free Jell-O with fresh fruit added to bulk it up (like chopped apples, mandarin oranges)
Glass of Milk
Pumpkin Dessert: At the beginning of the week, I'd make an 8x8 pan (sprayed with Pam) of a crustless pumpkin "pie"....combo of an egg, a small canof pumpkin, sweetener (Splenda would work), cinnamon and nutmeg, or pumpkin pie spice, then would bake it all up until a toothpick came out clean (350 degrees). Would cut the "pie" up into 9 pieces, then top a piece with a whipped topping like Dream Whip (whipped to directions).

I added in sugar-free beverages--coffee, iced tea, etc.

Sorry that the recipes aren't more detailed, I'm typing from the top of my head. I came across the pumpkin recipe just this week in a pile of notes and that reminded me.
I find this a little too elaborate for my busy schedule...does anyone have any suggestions for something a little simpler, yet effective? Besides the ready made meals full of sodium (as PinkBikini stated earlier). I've done the SlimFast plan and lost 34 lbs., but seem to have "plateau-ed" and need to get that last 20 lbs. off. Any new suggestions that are simple like a plan like that are welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathina View Post
In Brazil we drink "mate"..you can buy yerba mate tea most places..brew it in a jug in the sun for a few hours, then put tons of limes in it...very refreshing and a good appetite killer.
Does this type of tea have caffine? Caffine dehydrates the body, which makes it more difficult to lose weight.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old August 2nd, 2008, 07:57 AM
Gathina Gathina is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami, Palm Beach, and Ironshores, Jamaica
Posts: 3,198
Default

Why do you think Salsa dancer's plan is elaborate? it's eating simple food..and the truth is no way of healthy eating is that simple..you have to plan accordingly and make major lifestyle adjustments. you can't drink slim fast the rest of your life. well, you could, but would you want to?

It has some, but less than coffee..the main thing is it's an appetite suprressent and VERY common in south america.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalPrincess8 View Post
I find this a little too elaborate for my busy schedule...does anyone have any suggestions for something a little simpler, yet effective? Besides the ready made meals full of sodium (as PinkBikini stated earlier). I've done the SlimFast plan and lost 34 lbs., but seem to have "plateau-ed" and need to get that last 20 lbs. off. Any new suggestions that are simple like a plan like that are welcome



Does this type of tea have caffine? Caffine dehydrates the body, which makes it more difficult to lose weight.

Last edited by Gathina; August 2nd, 2008 at 07:58 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old August 2nd, 2008, 11:13 AM
bahama daydreamer's Avatar
bahama daydreamer bahama daydreamer is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pendleton, Indiana
Posts: 318
Default

DH and I have both been on Weight Watchers for about a month and have both lost 12lbs. We take a 1/2 hr walk every evening and count our points. I have a really hard time losing weight so this is really good for me. With determination and willpower you can do it. Good luck.
__________________






Carnival Breeze 09/2013
Carnival Liberty 09/2012
Carnival Liberty 10/2011
Carnival Freedom 10/2010
Carnival Fascination 10/2009
Carnival Valor 10/2008
Carnival Sensation 10/2006 changed to Fantasy
Carnival Miracle 10/2005
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old August 2nd, 2008, 03:58 PM
missbogota's Avatar
missbogota missbogota is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 565
Default

Thanks Gathina for the info on the Yerba Mate tea. I live in Bogota, Colombia and am going to look in the grocery store for it. Hope it is here!
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old August 3rd, 2008, 12:15 AM
MetalPrincess8's Avatar
MetalPrincess8 MetalPrincess8 is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathina View Post
Why do you think Salsa dancer's plan is elaborate? it's eating simple food..and the truth is no way of healthy eating is that simple..you have to plan accordingly and make major lifestyle adjustments. you can't drink slim fast the rest of your life. well, you could, but would you want to?
No, I suppose I can't do SlimFast for the rest of my life, but its gotten me this far. I agree your diet consists of simple food and is probably the best route to go, but I just simply don't have the time during the day to prepare all of that, and then still have time to eat it. I'm just looking for something that's a little easier and less time consuming.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old August 3rd, 2008, 01:03 AM
Annatoo's Avatar
Annatoo Annatoo is offline
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalPrincess8 View Post
No, I suppose I can't do SlimFast for the rest of my life, but its gotten me this far. I agree your diet consists of simple food and is probably the best route to go, but I just simply don't have the time during the day to prepare all of that, and then still have time to eat it. I'm just looking for something that's a little easier and less time consuming.
Substitute all dairy for SOY (Milk/Tofu). Avocado as spread.....no JAMS. No WHEAT....use OATS or RYE. Herb teas and water. Give this a try for 2 weeks - I'm sure you will lose weight .
B E V
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old August 3rd, 2008, 05:36 PM
pkrchkr's Avatar
pkrchkr pkrchkr is offline
Blue Ribbon Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BlueNoser NS Canada
Posts: 3,825
Default I have about 4 months to go till we cruise

I want to lose 20 lbs.I've tried weight watchers, could never eat all my points gave it up. I've tried atkins and got very sick from all the fat in the food,felt like I had the flu for a month.Any suggestions. PS I have severe food allergy to celery,avacado,kiwi fruit,eggs tomatoe and potatoe( it is a protien link that also makes me allergic to Latex)
Help!
__________________
RCCL Visions of the Seas 2001 Honeymoon cruise
Carnival smoke free Paradise 2002 1st CCL cruise
Carnival Spirit 2003 Southern Caribbean cruise
Carnival Spirit 2005 Mexican Riviera cruise
Carnival Pride 2008 3 Generations reunion
RCCL's Independence of the Seas 2010
Carnival Glory Family Reunion 2 2011
Carnival Breeze B2B 1st Cove Cruise Nov22/24 2012
Carnival Liberty Can-Am Connection Cruise Nov 2013
BC8 Bloggers Across Borders 01/31/15
Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Ad Sponsored By
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.


© 1995 - 2014, The Independent Traveler, Inc. All rights reserved.
"A Community of People Who Love To Cruise"
All of the information contained within Cruise Critic is protected by copyright. You may, however, download a single copy only for your personal use.