how to persuade my fiance to go on a cruise

cruising mickey

Um. You give no indication as to what the objection(s) may be. You can't expect help if we don't know what the problem may be. I don't believe I have ever encountered a situation where someone needed to be "persuaded" to go on a cruise.

For a first vacation together you may want to go with something you both find agreeable rather that trying to persuade him to do what you want to do. ;)

(coming from someone in a 24 year relationship)

And coming from a different perspective, I had to drag my other half kicking and screaming into any vacation. 26 years together here but was with someone who never went anywhere. Today, I created a monster - worse than I and always wondering where we'll go next. :D

What works for one couple is not necessarily another couple's answer!

Um. You give no indication as to what the objection(s) may be. You can't expect help if we don't know what the problem may be. I don't believe I have ever encountered a situation where someone needed to be "persuaded" to go on a cruise.

Disagree, It took me years to convince my husband to try a cruise. Thankfully he finally gave in and loves it! Many people have read so much negative press about cruising that they are hesitant to try a cruise.

Hello,

My fiance and I are planning on going on our first vacation together and I'd like some suggestions on how to "persuade" him to take a cruise

This is why I don't do relationships. Too much compromise.

You could always surprise him with tickets for a cruise. That way he has to go :)

Perhaps pick a cruise where there is a good balance between sea days and shore days.

Imagine booking a surprise cruise, or convincing him to go on a cruise even if he doesn't really want to, and then find out he hates it and he is stuck on a ship for 7 days or even abandoning the cruise at the first port. Do you really want to risk this for your first vacation?

Imagine booking a surprise cruise, or convincing him to go on a cruise even if he doesn't really want to, and then find out he hates it and he is stuck on a ship for 7 days or even abandoning the cruise at the first port. Do you really want to risk this for your first vacation?

Better off without him then. If someone loves cruise holidays but their partner hates them, how can it be expected that the relationship will last?!

Better off without him then. If someone loves cruise holidays but their partner hates them, how can it be expected that the relationship will last?!

I think you are being a bit harsh! Then again, you see compromise as a bad thing. :confused:

My comments about this is based entirely on it being their first vacation together; why complicate things?

There were a couple of things that my partner were against (traveling-wise) when we first met, but he has come around on a number of them to the point where he really enjoys it. I think I have compromised too - yes, there's that dreaded word again. He had no interest on going on a cruise ever but we got a good deal on an RSVP cruise years ago and was willing to try it - that was 8 years and 10 cruises ago. He even wants to do a transatlantic. There is no way this would have been possible when we just met.

As much as I wanted to go on a cruise I had some serious second thoughts on that first cruise (RSVP gay charter): about 2 am the first night we woke up to the couple next door having a fight (shouting, shoving and fists) about one of them cheating. :eek: We had two days at sea and I was thinking: what did we get ourselves into? Stuck on a boat with crazy people. Thankfully that was the only incident for that cruise and all teh others that followed.

Edited by Boytjie